Tolman turning back the clock

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
His leadership has been invaluable this year, very reliable player.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He’s even more important this year because of his experience alone. We got a lot of young kids in the team. We need Tols now more than ever

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
Tolman had an attitude shift somewhere during the latter part of last year. His intensity in his runs increased and has not looked back. He is a great contributor now and love it when he runs the ball because he makes good metres and plays the ball reasonably fast on a consistent basis.

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tolman is Tolman and has always been Tolman. He plays this way every week. He has always been unfashionable but effective. It’s players like him that allow the Kasianos, Eastwood’s, Klemmers, Papis and Ogden’s to play at full tilt as he plays big minutes at his intensity level. Fuck he was on the end of a grubber in the fullbacks position. Name me a prop in another team that would have been running back to out themselves in a position to be there?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Tolman is Tolman and has always been Tolman. He plays this way every week. He has always been unfashionable but effective. It’s players like him that allow the Kasianos, Eastwood’s, Klemmers, Papis and Ogden’s to play at full tilt as he plays big minutes at his intensity level. Fuck he was on the end of a grubber in the fullbacks position. Name me a prop in another team that would have been running back to out themselves in a position to be there?
Lol no. There are clear differences to hoe he's playing now when compared to recent years.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Tolman seems to play with so much more energy. While he'll never run over the top of someone he actually made a fair amount of metres for us and was everywhere in defence.

Also has started passing as well and helped in our second phase play!

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think Tolman deserves a special mention and a thread for today's mammoth effort.

47 tackles and 160 meters and ran with purpose not just dying in the ass as we have seen from Tolman over the years.

Tolman was the best on field for us and really showed what a valuable player he really is for us.
Pay's getting the best out of him it seems. Credit to Pay.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha. Funny stat i just seen. Tolman had 3 kick returns..... shows he was doing everything including mopping up short kicks....
1 tackle break
94%tackle completion 47/50
160m run
0 errors.
Did give away a silly penalty for holding on, however storm did it all game so I can see why he thought it was allowed

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Much improved on last season. I was critical on him but he has made noticeable improvements. He looks physically more dominant and is looking to run towards gaps rather than fronton at the first defender directly Infront of him, he also looks to have lifted his intensity of his plays. Fuck, I even saw him use some footwork today.
I have been wondering if They have had him doing some skills work. maybe Pay has been getting in his ear. I think Hasler was happy for him to continue his regular output. But pay was after a little more quality.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tolman had an attitude shift somewhere during the latter part of last year. His intensity in his runs increased and has not looked back. He is a great contributor now and love it when he runs the ball because he makes good metres and plays the ball reasonably fast on a consistent basis.
I think he was pretty hurt he was being shopped atoiubd last year. Pay pretty much had him as surplus playing minimal minutes of the bench.

Then he got injured shortly after transitioning to Lock. When he came back Woods was gone and he was back as starting Prop. think from then on decided he had a second chance and been trying his best.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tolman is a coaches dream he does whatever the coach tells them to do so alot of his rubbish hitups previously guaranteed are directions from des

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tolman is a coaches dream he does whatever the coach tells them to do so alot of his rubbish hitups previously guaranteed are directions from des
Correct , it was coaches game plan and also the hooker that kept giving it to him on the 4th. The hate for tolman has always centrerd around that 4th play . The rest of his output is what you expect from non name workaholic forward
In fact you could probably also blame rest of the side for him getting the ball on the 4th
- why didn't halves call for the ball on the 4th
- why didn't other get in position to get it on 4th
- why lichee kept throwing it to him on the 4th

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Correct , it was coaches game plan and also the hooker that kept giving it to him on the 4th. The hate for tolman has always centrerd around that 4th play . The rest of his output is what you expect from non name workaholic forward
In fact you could probably also blame rest of the side for him getting the ball on the 4th
- why didn't halves call for the ball on the 4th
- why didn't other get in position to get it on 4th
- why lichee kept throwing it to him on the 4th
Your last point is the only one that’s valid.

I’ve seen halves calling for it a lot on the 4th, but somehow Lichaa always manages to pass it to Tolman. Probably also the coach, but I doubt Pay was coaching that last year.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Tolman does deserve a mention plays his heart out,
Makes you think what could’ve been if des didnt fuck him up.

the hound

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
thought the game plan of forwards running a bit wider suited tolman. he was great, particularly given Napa's absence

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your last point is the only one that’s valid.

I’ve seen halves calling for it a lot on the 4th, but somehow Lichaa always manages to pass it to Tolman. Probably also the coach, but I doubt Pay was coaching that last year.
Well then if not coached then he should of hooked lichaa in any game that he overruled the halves.

If coach didn't want him running 4th it would be fixed following week .
If halves are calling for the ball , Lichaa should be giving it to them 100% of the time , if lichaa overrules them and gives it elsewhere time and time again the coach should have hooked if off the field (unless was told tolman on the 4th always ) which gets me back to the coach if it wasn't the play they would all be hooked immediately and if it wasn't the play and they kept doing it and he did nothing about it then coach should be hooked for players not following game plan

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Tolman does deserve a mention plays his heart out,
Makes you think what could’ve been if des didnt fuck him up.

had tolman stayed in Melbourne and never came to dogs and never got coached by the cancer coach, he would have been playing rep/origin footy every year.

Des basically killed Tolman's career.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
had tolman stayed in Melbourne and never came to dogs and never got coached by the cancer coach, he would have been playing rep/origin footy every year.

Des basically killed Tolman's career.
So true des has killed so many careers at the dogs.