Last kick by Martin

Dapper Dog

Deitz-ciple
Reaction score
It was one bad strike.

The thing with high pressure kicks is the more you do them, the less stress you feel the next time. His first two from the sideline showcased how well he can slot them.

Nothing to see here people, move along.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
? further out the narrower the target not wider,the wider the gap more room to swing it through lay off the VB
Yeah but you need to account for the fact he doesn't always kick straight. His approach is "around the corner", so he often hooks it in, kicks the ball and swings it around and in.

His kicks are a natural left to right swing, and he's a right foot kicker from memory.

With his approach it's easier for him to swing it hard back around and in, which is what he was attempting to do, than try and run at it straight and toe punt it over (which he'd have to do from a wider angle).

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah but you need to account for the fact he doesn't always kick straight. His approach is "around the corner", so he often hooks it in, kicks the ball and swings it around and in.

His kicks are a natural left to right swing, and he's a right foot kicker from memory.

With his approach it's easier for him to swing it hard back around and in, which is what he was attempting to do, than try and run at it straight and toe punt it over (which he'd have to do from a wider angle).
Right to left you mean,best stop because your confusing yourself as well as the rest of us

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He busted his ass in D today...I think he was so fucking gassed he lost it in the run up but in saying that he can hold his head high...tough game, great player

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He'll be right, he missed it today... But the loss is not his fault, it's a team sport.

Calm seas don't make a good sailor, he'll be better for it in the long run and so will the team.

gee333

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'm very concerned by Rhyse's last kick. He seemed to rush it a bit more than usual when he didn't need to. Better we tie up the game before worrying about extra time. Basically shows either he can't kick under pressure or he had a wager on the Storm ?
seriously??? it was a pressure kick and he bummed it... dont go saying ahit like that!

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm very concerned by Rhyse's last kick. He seemed to rush it a bit more than usual when he didn't need to. Better we tie up the game before worrying about extra time. Basically shows either he can't kick under pressure or he had a wager on the Storm ?
I’m more concerned about u drinking tooo much

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rather he miss one in round 4 then a semi final

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Right to left you mean,best stop because your confusing yourself as well as the rest of us
Yes you are right. He kicks it right footed therefore right to left swing. This kick was on his bad side so the further out the more narrow the opportunity.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where's the trolling?

You think JT couldn't slot that over?
Sorry, it wasn't meant to come across as rude.

The 2016 Grand final, he had the exact same kick to win the grand final and he missed it

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He cracked under pressure that's it.

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I am very concerned too, not for Rhyse's kick, but some members at TK

Brendan07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Happens.

Reynolds missed 4 that he'd get 9 times out of 10 this week too.

I'd be blaming our defence or lack of. We gifted them 12 points for stupidity...

Hopoate giving up 6 points was just dumb. Sure you are as slow as a truck but at least make the bloke kick the goal and not take a player out gifting a penalty try....

Then we have Elliot missing a 1 on 1 easy tackle gifting them another 6 points...

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Happens.

Reynolds missed 4 that he'd get 9 times out of 10 this week too.

I'd be blaming our defence or lack of. We gifted them 12 points for stupidity...

Hopoate giving up 6 points was just dumb. Sure you are as slow as a truck but at least make the bloke kick the goal and not take a player out gifting a penalty try....

Then we have Elliot missing a 1 on 1 easy tackle gifting them another 6 points...
It was Smith, not Hopoate for the penalty try.

Canis Maximus

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Are you serious?
FMD - find me a kicker who has had 30 attempts or more and has had 100% strike rate. Talk about anal!
Think about this before you post shit like this. As at end 2018:
R Martin 33/34 97%
N Cleary 173/200 86.5%
B Lamb 30/35 85.7%
A Reynolds 529/643 82.3%
J Maloney 759/935 81.2%

Even the great El Masri 891/1087 82%, Halligan and Thurston both averaged just below 80%, A Johns and C Smith just under 75%

Give yourself a uppercut and try not to miss

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Sorry, it wasn't meant to come across as rude.

The 2016 Grand final, he had the exact same kick to win the grand final and he missed it
Your memory is better than mine, brother.

Totally forgot about that.