Official Round 4 - Dogs vs Storm - Consolidated Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
Pay looked pissed in the presser

Whilst proud of the side he dropped dig at refs saying we got no 5050 calls
Yeah just watched it. Good on him for bringing it up. Loved how he also identified our lack of support play and general kicking as areas we need to work on, absolutely spot on.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Did anyone see vunivalu leg twist on meany.. fkn dirty fk
Yes one of a few. It seems that although the Storm are not " coached" to be dirty they all are. Whatever it is and whatever causes it it must be contagious.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yes one of a few. It seems that although the Storm are not " coached" to be dirty they all are. Whatever it is and whatever causes it it must be contagious.
He’s the grubbiest player in NRL

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
An real gutsy effort today, particularly with Napa getting injured early. I hope that people can see after today that Pay can coach and is capable of formulating a game plan to nullify an opposition. We’re a young team and will have weeks where we struggle to back up but positive times ahead. Very proud today

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Think Craig will have a lot to think about after today.. we exposed them in a lot of areas.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
An real gutsy effort today, particularly with Napa getting injured early. I hope that people can see after today that Pay can coach and is capable of formulating a game plan to nullify an opposition. We’re a young team and will have weeks where we struggle to back up but positive times ahead. Very proud today
That was actually the most impressive thing for me! Pay actually formulated a game plan and targeted the opposition weaknesses and exposed them. Unfortunately we seemed to get away from it in the second half and Holland didn’t get as many chances but we were on the back foot thanks to the storm getting constant leg ups.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Holland and Lewis were really good today. That was a different holland today he hasnt played like that since end of last season. Something about holland he plays good with lewis being in control. Storm with some help won. We changed our game in the 2nd half pity. I would like to see jmk play 80 he was really good with his defence while he was on. Lewis his tackles were tenacious

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He and Welch were ruthless today in their twisting of Bulldog player's upper bodies.. not one penalty blown
I agree that leg twist on meaney was a cheap shot should off been penalised good way to end a players season the dirt bag

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree that leg twist on meaney was a cheap shot should off been penalised good way to end a players season the dirt bag
I hate harping on about it, but year after year they get away with murder, especially at home... They even name their dirty tactics in opposition 20 "the cage" lollll fmd

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I hate harping on about it, but year after year they get away with murder, especially at home... They even name their dirty tactics in opposition 20 "the cage" lollll fmd
Dont mind saying the storm are cheats

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah just watched it. Good on him for bringing it up. Loved how he also identified our lack of support play and general kicking as areas we need to work on, absolutely spot on.
Aside from a few kicks out on the full, we did good I felt.

What’s crazy is that we don’t seem to get into the opposition 10 or 20 that much, so we don’t seem to have the chance to dribble in for repeat sets.

Lack of support was really bad and I felt Foran would have really helped in this regard. Cogger was solid on his debut but he needs to provide a lot more than he is currently. Meaney could have done more as well. He has speed to burn.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Was an amazing day down here in Melbourne and a great game of footy! I can tell you the Storm fans finished with a lot of respect for us last night. Not many teams come here and get the win, especially not a team that was at $7 just to win

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good effort but it won’t mean shit if we don’t back it up next week. Our scramble was good but we need to work on our ‘1 on 1’ defence. Meaney is looking good but he doesn’t seem to be aware of his support players when he runs. Okunbor is a revelation. Elliot and Holland went well but both still have a tendency to overplay things.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Think Craig will have a lot to think about after today.. we exposed them in a lot of areas.
To a degree, but there is an old saying...

"Good teams win ugly".

They did everything they could possibly do wrong 9some of it is a credit to us admittedly), but at the end of the day they got the 2 points. No-one will remember how ugly their round 4 win was when they come top 2.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
To a degree, but there is an old saying...

"Good teams win ugly".

They did everything they could possibly do wrong 9some of it is a credit to us admittedly), but at the end of the day they got the 2 points. No-one will remember how ugly their round 4 win was when they come top 2.
That's true, but we're talking about a team with not even 50 games between their spine and one of its best players injured... They have a bit to think about if they are going to challenge the likes of the Rorters

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

FMD...take a look at the rule book and every single one of these rules is broken by the Storm every game.....yet with a small exception they are not penalised for it...it is as if they have taken the rule book and framed their tactics around the breaking of the rules....

https://www.nrl.com/siteassets/operations/nrl-laws-and-interpretations-2018.pdf

At the completion of the tackle The player in possession: ‘shall be immediately released’ by the defender and/or defenders. Section 11 (10) (a)

Methods that impede the immediate release of the player in possession
a. Flop onto the player in possession who is grounded
b. Working the player in possession
c. Leg pulls
d. Leaving or placing the hands or arms on the ball or the arms of the player in possession once the tackle is complete
e. Spinning on the player in possession once the tackle is complete
f. Defenders ‘peeling off’ the player in possession^
g. Climbing over the player in possession once the tackle is complete
h. Crowding the player in possession once the tackle is complete using their knees, arms or body
i. Pulls the player in possession to the ground once the tackle is complete.

^In a tackle involving two or more defenders, after the tackle is complete, all defenders must release simultaneously

Status
Not open for further replies.