Brave effort... but poor bench rotation.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think this just points out that we can’t afford to have Lichaa on the bench. We have enough versatility in the run on squad. He just isn’t needed.
Why can't everyone get over lichaa being on the bench? no one would be whinging if it was lewis, cogger or jmk who had gone down early and he help us cover it. 20 minutes may not seem like much to everyone on here but it's a massive ask to expect jmk to play 80. He was taken off at a stage when melbourne were getting a roll on through the middle as well

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ogden 22 mins fmd theres the issue he should of played more minutes again

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ogden or Lichaa should have gone on. Lichaa could have played lock and Ogden would have got us bending the line again. Jacko could have gone to the edge for a break for CHN who was at 50%.

No reason to have Lichaa there unless u UTILISE him.

RFM on the bench today for Lichaa could have solved many issues.
Why do you keep saying licha can play lock? Meaney can play lock as well but doesn’t mean he will go good there. I don’t know if you have noticed when you play against licha at your family BBQ’s but he lacks basic athletic ability. He’s slower than average, weaker than average and dumber than average. Sure he can technically play lock but it’s pretty much putting a fukn spud there. He won’t be able to offer anything positive.

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But ultimately it was 1 on 1 by Elliot. As i said i dont blame him. The kid was fucking tired.
Also because our forwards were puffed we reverted back to 1 up stuff.

Proud of their effort but Pay needs to learn to use bench more wisely.

Elliot should have known with Munster so wide that he was going to run it. Munster beats a lot better players then Elliot on the outside he has pace. Look what he did to Jacko last year round 1 in Perth. He is an international player. Little things like that our new boys will learn as they gain experience and be better prepared for it. Napa going off early and CHN having a HIA ruined the rotation big time

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lichaa cant play hooker, and you reckon he can play lock

We need to release Lichaa before June 30 and bring in another big bopper from somewhere

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Napa: 16 minutes (injured)
CHN: 74 minutes (HIA)

Martin: 80 minutes
Tolman: 75 minutes
JMK: 59 minutes
Jackson: 60 minutes
Ogden: 22 minutes
Chris Smith: 17 minutes
Lichha: 22 minutes

I reckon CHN seemed a bit concussed in the second half. I do think Ogden and Smith should have played more minutes given the circumstances
This proves my point absolutely perfectly for those uneducated fuckwits on here.
Ogden 22mins
Smith 17 mins

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lichaa makes no sense now as utility because he isn't one. I reckon C Smith could just about fill in for JMK at hooker for 15 minutes and we can get one more big guy on the bench. I would use RFM as impact with instruction to just rip and tear for a 20 minute burst. Pay and the ISP coach are trying to use use him as a long minute second rower and it isn't working. We have to work with what we have got better.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why do you keep saying licha can play lock? Meaney can play lock as well but doesn’t mean he will go good there. I don’t know if you have noticed when you play against licha at your family BBQ’s but he lacks basic athletic ability. He’s slower than average, weaker than average and dumber than average. Sure he can technically play lock but it’s pretty much putting a fukn spud there. He won’t be able to offer anything positive.
Easssyyy Grimace, Have you seen Lichaa play lock?

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
And there's nothing wrong with that. Where's the fun in pretending that everything is great and there's an outside excuse for everything? This is a forum and people discuss things, people complain about me apparently being negative but I think others that pretend everything is great are just boring.

People support and enjoy sport in different ways, that's just the way it is. Some of us want go discuss things we have observed on field, having certain posters jumping down our throats all the time because we aren't constantly sucking off someone is very irritating.
I agree with everything you posted, the thing that is tiresome is when folk bang on about something repeatedly (like how shit Pay is) but when he gets just about everything right against the team that is now 5-0 and has been the bench mark for many years, they choose to focus on any negative thing to detract from that.

That shit just saps my energy...

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Only mistake made was subbing JMK for Lichaa in the 60th minute. We lost all attacking flair and instead went back to flat one man out bullshit again and got pinned in own half.

Don't care what people say, stick Nu Brown in there and give him a 20m blast at the end of the game. Can't do any worse than Lichaa is at losing us games.

DublinDogg

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ah give it a rest, Napa and CHN incidents changed everything

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Only mistake made was subbing JMK for Lichaa in the 60th minute. We lost all attacking flair and instead went back to flat one man out bullshit again and got pinned in own half.

Don't care what people say, stick Nu Brown in there and give him a 20m blast at the end of the game. Can't do any worse than Lichaa is at losing us games.
Nu browns barely a park footballer

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I agree with everything you posted, the thing that is tiresome is when folk bang on about something repeatedly (like how shit Pay is) but when he gets just about everything right against the team that is now 5-0 and has been the bench mark for many years, they choose to focus on any negative thing to detract from that.

That shit just saps my energy...
Fair enough.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The frustrating thing with JMK is he couldn’t go the distance last season either you’d think after another off season he could go the 80.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The frustrating thing with JMK is he couldn’t go the distance last season either you’d think after another off season he could go the 80.
Was he noticeably fatigued though? I didn't really notice him tbh.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Can't question the use of the bench, in a game where we lost a player early, and were down to 15 for a long time.
The strategy in pays mind was all out the window, by the 20min mark.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He’s never been allowed to play 80 by pay apparently martin wasnt fit yet he plays 80 no problem elliott looked out on his feet misses tackles yet gets left on fmd