That penalty try??????

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
That could have easily been allowed to go without a try being considered and no one would have complained much at all. The player was deliberately shielding the ball and taking his time. Does that mean you can just shield it for as long as you like with no consequence? Refs, however, saw a great opportunity to suck Storm scrotum and lunged at the chance with tongues flickering on heat.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
fair call by the book, it was touch n go, but i bet if it was Dogs scoring the try it would have never been called.

they bring all these rules out from the dead against the Dogs.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
fair call by the book, it was touch n go, but i bet if it was Dogs scoring the try it would have never been called.

they bring all these rules out from the dead against the Dogs.
As per the discretion of the ref, he called it for them.. wouldn’t be the same result if you flip the coin.

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fair call. If Chambers touches it a split second earlier then Smith performs a miracle he tried to make the tackle and go the ball at the same time. Bad luck but it is a penalty try sadly

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It was a fair call unfortunately. Was a bees dick off being a try saver though

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fair call. If Smith doesn't touch Latrell Mitchell's bitch he would've scored.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Was a bullshit call. Listen to the conversation Tolman had with Cummins AFTER the try was awarded.

Tolman queried that "Smith was allowed to tackle the player simultaneously, and compete for the ball". Ref agreed and stated that he was penalised for "running the player off the ball".

Okunbor had the same thing happen in the second half. Bomb went up and he was tackled before he caught the ball, and dropped it in the process over the sideline. Was deemed a fair play.

Either situation could have gone either way, but the refs need to be more consistent.

If Chambers scenario is a penalty try, then Okunbor get a penalty.
If challenge on Okunbor was deemed fine/simultaneous, then the try should never have been given to Chambers.

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So if Reimus jumps on his back instead, pulling him down in the process of hitting the ball away that’d be fine? Cause I seem to recall slater doing that in the GF and that was fine?

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Technically correct call but seriously if that’s not nitpicking then I don’t know what is. It could of very easily been let go and no one would of complained

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think smith made a mistake there. He had the opportunity to reach around and play at the ball.
If he stuck his hand out, chambers would've been fair game and smith could've run right through him, if he wanted.
Needed to play the ball, not the man. But he's young. He'll learn from that.