Official Round 4 - Dogs vs Storm - Consolidated Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We have to be on from minute 1 and be prepared to win every physical contest on the field.

The thing that worries me is the team tends to drop their heads if things don't go their way and the Storm love it when there is blood in the water.

Scoring first is vital and we just have to go with them and see how long we last.

I can't see us winning unfortunately and I just hope its not a confidence sapping demolition job.
I reckon if we can score 22 points we got a chance but need to try and restrict them to 3 tries which is probable.

Need to just go out there and play some adlib in your face footy.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hope we can keep up our high completion rate and not gift the Storm too many opportunities. All the pressure is on the Storm....

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They should win with ease tbh. Better players, more experienced, better coach, better bench. Better everywhere you look and that's why I'm takin dogs by 20

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well it’s game day again,time to get nervous
I really have a good vibe that we will win today of the back of last weeks performance
There is no way that our team plays like the first 2 rounds
The new players have transformed my complete outlook on our season
Luv to roll Melb,saints then dirty souths

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
If we lose the ruck then the Storm will just cut up our edges with all the space they will have out there. Our ruck control really needs to improve so hopefully that's something they have focused on.

Dapper Dog

Deitz-ciple
Reaction score
This is essentially our round 2 match. The first two weeks were not our true team, so realistically we have just 1 data point to go off. Let's compare us against storm on paper from the last round.

Storm had 51% possession, a 73% completion rate, ran for 1476 (avg. 36 per set) with an avg. play-the-ball speed of 3.26s. They made 300 tackles (93.7% effective), conceded no line breaks and only conceded 17 tackle breaks.

Bulldogs had 49% possession, a 89% completion rate, ran for 1751 (avg. 50), with an avg. play-the-ball speed of 3.33s. We made 379 tackles (87.7% effective), conceded 1 line break and conceded 36 tackle breaks.

I would say we had the harder / more competent opponents last round than Melbourne did. Their performance last week didn't impress me (penrith literally handed them their first few tries). But to be fair, they had the worse playing conditions (greasy/dewy surface) and did not have to be better.

We certainly have our work cut out for us today, and the loss of Foran is huge... but I really don't see this as an unwinnable clash at all (even if we do go on and get smashed).

Cogger is an unknown, who is as ready as he can ever be for his club debut with a lot to prove. Has set up some good tries with precise kicks and short passes in CCup and could have a blinder today.

No reason we shouldn't be optimistic. Get 'em dogs.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully Pay does the situaroonie with Holland and Hopoate

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I reckon if we can score 22 points we got a chance but need to try and restrict them to 3 tries which is probable.

Need to just go out there and play some adlib in your face footy.
This is the problem, I think without Foran we will be even more predictable in attack.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Last week was a big learning curve, if they improve on that our possession rate should be good and we might be able to put some points up, hope Cogger doesn't put pressure on himself and just plays his natural game.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we keep it reasonable I’ll be happy.

cyborg66

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
storm by 50 all the experts are saying and a few people have put bets on 50+ win for storm $2000 bet on and i think get $26000 if they win by 50

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cogger can't just catch and pass - he has to mix it up with running and kicking. If we're too predictable they will eat us. Lewis should play his normal game and smash Munster at every chance (so should everyone else). Jacko must play in the middle again. Pay might be worried about Scott and Chambers on the edge but we have to compete in the middle and get control there to win. Napa has to stand up again in that area.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
We actually have a height advantage on the wings. Hope theyve been practising attacking kicks in the opp20

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I really doubt we are any chance. Melb will control us well. I just wanna see us smash Smith and Munster

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This is why we love the footy. Everyone is a chance every week. I believe we’re a better chance being a day game, so here’s to hoping. Go boys, give it ya best.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think it will be reasonably competitive. Melbourne are due for an average game and we can't be worse than the first two weeks. Hopefully playing the best team fires the boys up...

I think it will be a conservative game plan and tight early before Melbourne's class shine through and they win by 12 or so in the end... I hope it's not a smash up anyway...

Status
Not open for further replies.