Round 4 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
God which is the lesser of 2 evils tonight
The sharks are well and truly at the top of my most hated team list. There's really no one you can like in that team.

SoulCrusher

Banned
Reaction score
Didn't watch souths/manly, but the standard of football played in the other 4 games has been absolutely atrocious. Cronulla and Parra are competing to see who can commit more handling errors, just like Wests/Penrith last night.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The sharks are well and truly at the top of my most hated team list. There's really no one you can like in that team.
I like the Braileys and Nikora thats about it. Townsend is a reat player, but his love for himself sickens me haha.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I like the Braileys and Nikora thats about it. Townsend is a reat player, but his love for himself sickens me haha.
There's so many to hate though. Dugan, Fifita, Woods, Gallen just to name a few.

I sort of felt some sympathy for Morris (when I thought he was forced out) but Pay made it clear the Morris boys made the decision to go themselves, he would have been a massive help to these kids this year.

off-tap-robbie

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Who here heard it after Jennings scored the try the Eels played Sweet Caroline.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Guess the TK experts were wrong and Dessy can still coach...

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He should have got MOTM on a losing side.
He had a decent outting but FFS, the good halves of our game would have out 50+ on that Panthers effort.. and actually would have won

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Moses looks good this year.. the issue must have been Norman..

Even the Dragons Norman/Hunt combo hasnt gone anywhere near as good as last year Widdop/Hunt..

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Nah Souths poo poo. Turbo while he was there and DCE are the difference not his coaching

SoulCrusher

Banned
Reaction score
Moses looks good this year.. the issue must have been Norman..

Even the Dragons Norman/Hunt combo hasnt gone anywhere near as good as last year Widdop/Hunt..
Norman is trash, but the thing with Moses is he's inconsistent as fuck. He's been great so far but who knows how he'll play next week.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nah Souths poo poo. Turbo while he was there and DCE are the difference not his coaching
So do you think we would have struggled in the last few Des seasons if we had DCE, Turbo and a better hooker, over Reynolds Mbye Lichaa?

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Reynolds kicked 1 out of 4 ; when’s the last time that happenned?
They were both shit from what I saw.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Of course Des can coach.. hes made 5 grandfinals and won 2.. he took over in 2004 when Manly were a rabble in 2003 and we were a rabble before he took over..

He will improve Manly out of sight..

But Hasler isnt perfect.. weve seen the issues he has in recruitment/retention and backended contracts..

But strictly on 'coaching' rugby league - theres many coaches out there with far inferior records..

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There's so many to hate though. Dugan, Fifita, Woods, Gallen just to name a few.

I sort of felt some sympathy for Morris (when I thought he was forced out) but Pay made it clear the Morris boys made the decision to go themselves, he would have been a massive help to these kids this year.
The last player I hated was Napa and now hes in our colours..

I generally hate certain teams more than players.. the rorters signing star player after star player are at the top of my list with the Dragoons - old rivalry, Eels - old rivalry, Manly - chequebook club pre Super League & growing up in Bears area..

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Of course Des can coach.. hes made 5 grandfinals and won 2.. he took over in 2004 when Manly were a rabble in 2003 and we were a rabble before he took over..

He will improve Manly out of sight..

But Hasler isnt perfect.. weve seen the issues he has in recruitment/retention and backended contracts..

But strictly on 'coaching' rugby league - theres many coaches out there with far inferior records..

Yea I know... But people still carry on about his actual coaching on here all the time, even though it's year two now of Pay... That's all

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yea I know... But people still carry on about his actual coaching on here all the time, even though it's year two now of Pay... That's all
Des took us to two GF's with a team that was given to him.

Off the top of my head from 2012-2014 he recruited Williams, Perrett and Inu. Hasler can coach a team with a good-balanced squad across the park.

He ended up dismantling those teams and building his own team and totally fucked up, be it recruiting the wrong players as well as going through those putrid back-ended contracts with the Des Hasler formula.

Its been done to death with the duds he recruited as well as the quality he rejected, and i wont start naming names again.

Is Dean Pay the man to lead our club to a premiership? With the current squad, absolutely not! With a squad he wants once we have cap space? Who the fuck knows

Unless we have a Bellamy, Bennett or Tim Sheens who can attract top-line players, its totally up to the board to bring in top-line players we need, and from all reports thats from 2021

Hasler is gone, fuck him, and if you miss him send him a love letter or ship over to lottoland

AucklandDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Des took us to two GF's with a team that was given to him.

Off the top of my head from 2012-2014 he recruited Williams, Perrett and Inu. Hasler can coach a team with a good-balanced squad across the park.

He ended up dismantling those teams and building his own team and totally fucked up, be it recruiting the wrong players as well as going through those putrid back-ended contracts with the Des Hasler formula.

Its been done to death with the duds he recruited as well as the quality he rejected, and i wont start naming names again.

Is Dean Pay the man to lead our club to a premiership? With the current squad, absolutely not! With a squad he wants once we have cap space? Who the fuck knows

Unless we have a Bellamy, Bennett or Tim Sheens who can attract top-line players, its totally up to the board to bring in top-line players we need, and from all reports thats from 2021

Hasler is gone, fuck him, and if you miss him send him a love letter or ship over to lottoland

The other day i heard little whispers that the Dogs were enquiring about Tim Sheens for 2021 and this evening on Fox apparently the Sharks have thrown Tim Sheens a bone. Might be all bullshit, but im sure Sheens is itching to get back into the NRL

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just like how Klemmer is apparantly a pussy whos a soft dud prop..

Yet he will be amongst the first picked for NSW and the Kangaroos for many years to come..

I get the hate and all, but calling him a dud player when hes the number 1 prop in the game is childish..