Zac Saddler & Jarred Anderson

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol, why the fuck did we bother filling our roster? Surely we could've saved a little extra cap or potentially left ourselves open for a mid season signing.
All teams are obliged to have a top 29 by the beginning of the season if memory serves me correct. If these two guys are in our top 30 and not even playing Canterbury cup, then it's actually a pretty astute move by the club because they could easily be moved on to make way for a midseason buy!

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Anderson is on a development contract for this season and next therefore not in the actual top 30. We have 3 open spots on the development squad. Saddler will be out the door first chance you'd imagine.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
All teams are obliged to have a top 29 by the beginning of the season if memory serves me correct. If these two guys are in our top 30 and not even playing Canterbury cup, then it's actually a pretty astute move by the club because they could easily be moved on to make way for a midseason buy!
Sure? Swear I saw some rosters at the start of the season with 28 players but I could be wrong.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sure? Swear I saw some rosters at the start of the season with 28 players but I could be wrong.
This is from NRL.com

NRL PAYMENTS FOR THE TOP 30

$9.1 million – base salary cap for the Top 30 players. At least 24 Top 30 players must be contracted by 1 November, 29 Top 30 players by 1 March and 30 Top 30 players by 30 June.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Lol, why the fuck did we bother filling our roster? Surely we could've saved a little extra cap or potentially left ourselves open for a mid season signing.
Because u have to fill your top 30.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure if this makes sense but someone here said saddlers is earning above the minimum nrl wage so automatically in top 30. Same as wakeham

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saddler was injured most of the off season, and Roumanos has over taken him. Ditto Dias and Jesse Martin.

Anderson deserves the spot over Olive.
Saddler had knee surgery in December, he’s only 20 and a work in progress-
He’s still growing into and filling out his massive frame, when fully fit he’ll be one to watch probably not until 2020

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Saddler had knee surgery in December, he’s only 20 and a work in progress-
He’s still growing into and filling out his massive frame, when fully fit he’ll be one to watch probably not until 2020
Didn't Saddler miss most or all of 2018 with injury as well?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Didn't Saddler miss most or all of 2018 with injury as well?
Yeah he has had knee trouble the whole time he has been here and he’s only played a handful of Flegg games. I’m not sure if he played any SG Ball.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this makes sense but someone here said saddlers is earning above the minimum nrl wage so automatically in top 30. Same as wakeham
That is my understanding - saddler was ordinary in Sydney shield last year, and has not improved this year. Not selected this week. Anderson hasn't been sited in any team sheets since the trials - I do not understand why he is a development player contract. Was suggested, or speculated, that as he is not up to first grade but was given a multi year contract by cleal dib et al and by having his contract defined as development player it doesn't come out of top 30 or second tier caps.Katoa is on development contract and has potential - roumanos is another I cant understand why he is on a dvevelopmet contract - there are far better options in flegg - particularly the outside backs

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saddler was injured most of the off season, and Roumanos has over taken him. Ditto Dias and Jesse Martin.

Anderson deserves the spot over Olive.
Anderson isn’t in the 30. He’s a development player. Saddler was signed on the proviso that the final year of his contact would be in the top 30. It was a sweetener to get him to sign. Big mistake

ALX25

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Jarred Anderson - Newcastle Knights NSW Cup.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Jarred Anderson - Newcastle Knights NSW Cup.
WTF!!! Once again we let a player go (this time development player in Top 30).

Given the laughable performance out there today he couldn't have done any worse. Why couldn't we give them bloody John Olive instead.

ALX25

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
WTF!!! Once again we let a player go (this time development player in Top 30).

Given the laughable performance out there today he couldn't have done any worse. Why couldn't we give them bloody John Olive instead.
He'll probably be cut as well. Better to give some of the younger backs a chance now (Katoa, Kuresa, Clayton etc).

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Jarre Anderson has been released from his development contract and has joined Newcastle in Canterbury Cup.

We now need to replace him because we only have 2 development spots filled and 3 are required.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah he has had knee trouble the whole time he has been here and he’s only played a handful of Flegg games. I’m not sure if he played any SG Ball.
Saddler missed all of 2017 but played most of 2018 for Moorebank Rams in Sydney Shield - maybe one or two games in Flegg. He is a big body but lacks mobility. Others at Flegg level are way above him at this stage.