News Exclusive: Andrew Johns lists the recruits Bulldogs should buy to rebuild around

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rapana 2020
Sezar 2020
Keary 2021
Cotric 2021
Trbovic 2021

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Fuck Pogba the overrated prick, we need to go after someone who's young, proven champion and has virtually won everything there is to be won. I'd build my team around Latrell Mitchell.
Pogba.

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we should through kitchen sink and every thing in the house at Lateral Mitchell, Radley , Keary , Tedescro...... the entire Roosters team and lets see which one sticks.

If we get half the roosters team we will be easily a top 4 team.
Latrell and keary definitely... I'm not sold on Radley... tedesco will be 30 once his contract is up and will probably return to tigers wrap up his career.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
How is paying mega bucks for Radley or Murray going to make any difference? They are good players and I’d take them if we could get a good deal but they are hardly marquee star players that could win a comp for you.

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Johns brothers think they are the know alls of rugby league. Andrew johns advising the dogs on who to buy like the knights are an example. Funny how ponga all off a sudden hasnt worked as a half. Never will with pearce there. Good talent ruined. He talks like newcastle have turned the corner and are premiership favorites. We dont need his advice i for one wont take any notice of what he says.just my opinion
Spot on if they knew rugby league then why didn't they help the knights rebuild the club .

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Johns boys very cocky with their knights who have won shit in a long time. Now they tell us how to build an empire.
Maybe a Titans great or a warriors great can tell us how as well.

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a fuckin scoop. Struggling club should buy some better players. What an amazing insight. A clear undeniable bulletproof foolproof blueprint for the bulldogs to follow, I mean just follow the bouncing ball dogs management, thanks joey. How about some of your so called journo-**** mates chase an actual story. You know, like Rorters treating the salary cap like a high school petty cash account.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Storm aren't going to let Munster go.

I like Murray but another backrower is hardly a priority.

Radley is just meh... overrated player in my opinion. Good utility value, but again hardly a priority. John's is making some strange calls lately, hope his health problems aren't getting the better of him.
Radley over rated? Lol.

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Knights have been a rabble for years and I don’t see them going anywhere this year either...I think Joey should focus his attention on them....we don’t need advice from Joey Johns

Katoni Staggs would be high on my list

Sue

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Our 2021 team will be

Tom Turbo, Okunbor, L. Mitchell, J. Manu, R.Smith, L. Lewis, Wakeham, Napa, Robson, Ogden, CHN, To'omaga, Jackson

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'd love love love Radley at the club, proper bulldog of a player, one of my favourite players but he is developing into somewhat of a cult hero at the Roosters and is no chance of happening, same as Munster and Murray. I do like the sound of throwing mega bucks at all the Roosters boys for 2021, one will eventually stick and no matter if its Manu, Mitchell or Keary the'd instantly become our most exciting player.

I wonder if Latrell wants to spend another 3-4 years playing in the centres or would prefer a move back to the back, if fullback is his desire then throw a million at him.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think Staggs is coming off contract at the end of 2020 too, and being from NSW im sure we could entice him to come back down, a nice contract and a promise of being the new poster boy for the club could do the trick.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Buckley's chance of stealing tier players like Trbojevic and Mitchell. Focus on guys like Kotoni Staggs who are down the pecking order, when we're in a competitive position down the track throw big money at superstars