News Kieran Foran vows to beat injury curse and return early for Bulldogs

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Ok so to add a fact to the convo and I was interested myself,
Kieran has played 15 games for us out of a possible 29 (26 games per season plus 3 this year) that's 51%. Out of those 15 we won 4 games. 12 games played last season and 3 games this season so far. 17 for the Warriors in 2017 and 9 for the Parradikheads in 2016. The 6 seasons prior to that he had played almost every game for Manly barring 3-4 games per season.
https://www.bulldogs.com.au/teams/telstra-premiership/canterbury-bankstown-bulldogs/kieran-foran/
I said it before that I have backed him since day dot but as a person who works in realtime information and making decisions based on that. The financial investment is not supported by the game time and as someone rightly said above, at a club who is Salary Cap challenged it's a really poor return.
Someone else said above too that he could be our worse signing ever. Dorothy will always have that mantle IMO, atleast Kieran is injured Dorothy played and still gave less.
Moga would give him a run for his money, zero games in 2 years.
Loko, in 3 years he played 12 games.
Kahu, 3 knee surgeries in 3 years.
Duffie, 2 shoulder surgeries and 2 knee surgeries in 3 years.
Ropati, 2 knee reconstructions then a broken jaw meant 15 games over 3 years.
Coote, an osteo pubis injury (ouch), pec injury, then a torn ACL meant a handflul of games in 3 years.
Kyle (not our) Stanley, 4 ACL injuries.
etc etc etc

He's far from the most injured, least games played.

Go Dogs

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
None... Hes also played less than 50% of games in all of 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019. This is his normal form. Its not taking away from his hard work, its just reality.
That's not true, he played 19 games in 2015, 17 games in 2017, 12 games in 2018 (25 rounds minus 1 Bye = 50%) and in 2019 he's at 100% as he hasn't missed a game (yet) ;)

Go Dogs

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ok so to add a fact to the convo and I was interested myself,

Kieran has played 15 games for us out of a possible 29 (26 games per season plus 3 this year) that's 51%. Out of those 15 we won 4 games. 12 games played last season and 3 games this season so far. 17 for the Warriors in 2017 and 9 for the Parradikheads in 2016. The 6 seasons prior to that he had played almost every game for Manly barring 3-4 games per season.
https://www.bulldogs.com.au/teams/telstra-premiership/canterbury-bankstown-bulldogs/kieran-foran/

I said it before that I have backed him since day dot but as a person who works in realtime information and making decisions based on that. The financial investment is not supported by the game time and as someone rightly said above, at a club who is Salary Cap challenged it's a really poor return.

Someone else said above too that he could be our worse signing ever. Dorothy will always have that mantle IMO, atleast Kieran is injured Dorothy played and still gave less.
Do you count the two BYES now

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
What a load of bullshit medically retire the **** fuck him .

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Moga would give him a run for his money, zero games in 2 years.
Loko, in 3 years he played 12 games.
Kahu, 3 knee surgeries in 3 years.
Duffie, 2 shoulder surgeries and 2 knee surgeries in 3 years.
Ropati, 2 knee reconstructions then a broken jaw meant 15 games over 3 years.
Coote, an osteo pubis injury (ouch), pec injury, then a torn ACL meant a handflul of games in 3 years.
Kyle (not our) Stanley, 4 ACL injuries.
etc etc etc

He's far from the most injured, least games played.

Go Dogs
Wow. The new toughness in the game is the injuries I reckon. None of those were on that sort of cash though.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Foran is done.

Once he's out of contract that will free up even more cap space.

The new T-rex another Manly reject. We need to stay well clear of washed up Manly players.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Forans biggest issues have been due to miss management of past injuries. This time is different.. it's an injury anyone could cop.

To everyone saying "get rid of him", and replace him with who?

People will whinge and moan and complain that we need a decent half, and when we get one they whinge and moan and complain.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Kieran is the first to admit he feels very bad about this injury and the effect it has on the team. Any player that plays in the spine and has a history of repetitive injuries is a risk for any club to take on. Having decided to accept that risk we help him, rehab him and get him back on the field asap.

Packstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Is Kieran gone yet?

Has he been medically retired?

When are we going to get value for money from one of our signings?

How much longer are these players going to be milking our club?

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Is Kieran gone yet?
Has he been medically retired?
When are we going to get value for money from one of our signings?
How much longer are these players going to be milking our club
Not possible to “medically retire” a player due to a syndesmosis injury, which is common, caused accidentally by heavy contact and can be fully recovered from with standard surgery and rehabilitation. Has no proven relationship to previous and/or current injuries. It fails all of the tests mandatory for medical retirement, the NRL would never approve it.

Go Dogs

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Of course they can. But does anyone stop and think for a second that maybe Foran wants to play footy regardless of his pay?
I recall him saying that he would have been happy to play for $500k, but Dib/Hasler raised the deal to $1m+.

Packstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Not possible to “medically retire” a player due to a syndesmosis injury, which is common, caused accidentally by heavy contact and can be fully recovered from with standard surgery and rehabilitation. Has no proven relationship to previous and/or current injuries. It fails all of the tests mandatory for medical retirement, the NRL would never approve it.

Go Dogs
I never said he can be retired due to an ankle sprain.

You sure do have a hard on with the syndesmosis injury!

Foran has chronic back issues and with the right doctors and psychiatrists he can be medically retired. The NRL would have to approve of it, otherwise if he was to sustain more damage and/or injury, the NRL would have their asses raped in court, due to negligence and duty of care

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the club can't medically retire him then just pay him the same money he is been been paid to play to coach our halves.
From what I know coaches salaries are not included in the cap and I think our club can afford it, therefore it frees up his money for someone who can contribute more than 1 or 2 games a year.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Foran has chronic back issues and with the right doctors and psychiatrists he can be medically retired. The NRL would have to approve of it, otherwise if he was to sustain more damage and/or injury, the NRL would have their asses raped in court, due to negligence and duty of care
Plainly he doesn't have "a chronic back issue", firstly because the bulging disc has been treated and is being managed (like many players' injuries). Secondly and more importantly he has been playing for years since the initial diagnosis without any signs of re occurance. Based on previous attempts at players being medically retired it wouldn't get past even the simplest initial NRL scrutiny.

Go Dogs

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the club can't medically retire him then just pay him the same money he is been been paid to play to coach our halves.
From what I know coaches salaries are not included in the cap and I think our club can afford it, therefore it frees up his money for someone who can contribute more than 1 or 2 games a year.
Coaches salaries are not included in the players salary cap, BUT I dont think the NRL would allow us to simply wipe him from our salary cap and pay him to be in the coaching department.
ALSO, as of next year, I am pretty sure the football department itself for every club has a salary cap, so it must be spent wisely. I believe this is across all grades.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Screenshot_2019-04-05-10-14-50-00.png Wishing Keiran a speedy recovery.. Loving his work ethic and enthusiasm..

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Coaches salaries are not included in the players salary cap, BUT I dont think the NRL would allow us to simply wipe him from our salary cap and pay him to be in the coaching department.
ALSO, as of next year, I am pretty sure the football department itself for every club has a salary cap, so it must be spent wisely. I believe this is across all grades.
You are spot on there is no way the NRL will let us take Foran's salary off the cap and still pay him as a coach.

With the football department salary cap the penalty is just a 36% luxury tax so if you can still do what you want you'll just be slugged in the hip pocket.

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

You think the NRL would be taken to court if Foran gets injured playing a contact sport? Forans chronic back issues are being managed and it clearly isn't affecting him right now...why are you making shit up?