Napa or Klemmer?

MoNkEy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Napa seems like the type of player who thrives on strong crowd support.

I'll be giving it to him (so to speak).

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Napa....he is intimidating in D and no doubt other props a looking out for him, nobody wants to be on a Napa highlight vid. He gives the other forwards confidence and he also has some offense, runs good lines and great decoys
The thing is we haven’t really seen a full on/ all out Napa yet. He is holding himself back I reckon. If he really wanted he could break every player’s jaw. There is still heaps more to see in Naps

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
It’s gonna be interesting if Newy keep losing. I heard on the radio this morning that Nathan Brown has until round 8 to get things moving in the right direction. It’s just what I heard on radio.
The media also said Pay had till round 6, and a week later we extended him a year

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
From a non bias point of view I’d take Klemmer. I’ve been pumping up Napa’s tyres because he’s a better fit at the Bulldogs. At the Roosters he wasn’t consistent. With Klemmer I know what you’re getting.
A pussy whipped bitch!! The guy lost his balls years ago and it showed on the field. He may eat some running metres but he has no aggression and turned soft like his mate Sharon.

Napa at least has some balls and some aggression. The team will feed off of that.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
The media also said Pay had till round 6, and a week later we extended him a year
That's because there is a plan in play for Pay, Brown has already had a few seasons under his belt with Newcastle with only a slight improvement if that.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Only one difference, Brown's got the squad he wants and they have spent a lot of money on players. You'd think there's more pressure on him to perform than there would be on Pay.

There's pressure on Seibold as well. Both Seibold and Pay were first year coaches last year, Seibold walked into an established squad full of stars, Pay walked into a mess. Yet Seibold gets head hunted by the Broncos thinking he's the next great thing.

I would love to see what Seibold, Brown, Kearney & Cleary would have done with our mess last year. Do you actually think they would of put us in the top 8?

Coaches with the most pressure are the coaches failing to get their team to play good footy with a damn good squad at their disposal.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Klemmer easily and this is a stupid question.
No chance, Papi is what our club needed. We already have Tolman to do klemmers job. How many times have u ever seen Klem effectively offload or put a player in a hole or even back up like Napa does.

They are both totally different players, but Napa, if hr continues the way he has been playing, is what we have been missing for years

Kila R Ralai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only one difference, Brown's got the squad he wants and they have spent a lot of money on players. You'd think there's more pressure on him to perform than there would be on Pay.

There's pressure on Seibold as well. Both Seibold and Pay were first year coaches last year, Seibold walked into an established squad full of stars, Pay walked into a mess. Yet Seibold gets head hunted by the Broncos thinking he's the next great thing.

I would love to see what Seibold, Brown, Kearney & Cleary would have done with our mess last year. Do you actually think they would of put us in the top 8?

Coaches with the most pressure are the coaches failing to get their team to play good footy with a damn good squad at their disposal.
True that....besides we are expecting miracles from Pay. What he has achieved in 1 and a bit season is far more exciting than that desball.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
The last few years Hasler was in charge I actually use to dread watching us. It made me sick to the stomach watching 80 mins of that crap.
You weren't the only one. Killed my enthusiasm for watching our games for awhile. We become a boring team who struggled to find points.

Now, we may not be scoring a lot of points so far but the thing I have with this team now compared to the Des years is you can feel that there is potential within the team. Towards the end of the Des era I felt nothing was ever going to change.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed Klemmer has started to offload and ball play a little more at the Knights but it looks so unnatural and its like he is forcing himself to do it. Its never going to be a strong part of his game.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed Klemmer has started to offload and ball play a little more at the Knights but it looks so unnatural and its like he is forcing himself to do it. Its never going to be a strong part of his game.
He got one decent offload away in round one and the Knights fans went crazy like he'd just won them a GF single handed lol but other than that, very much forced and ineffective

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score

Yeh I guess so. I do though expect knights to improve now ponga is back at fb

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Not just saying this cause he isn't a Bulldog anymore, but Klemmer is a one dimensional battering ram with a great work rate. I still think he adds a lot to a team but not worth what he is getting paid at the Knights. Even when he was with us I felt like he didn't add much other than gain meters and it helped he played big minutes. If I said that when he was with us I would of been abused lol. I would rather Aaron Woods back than Klemmer. He is more well rounded than Klemmer, at least he plays the ball quick, offloads and can ball play pretty well.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not just saying this cause he isn't a Bulldog anymore, but Klemmer is a one dimensional battering ram with a great work rate. I still think he adds a lot to a team but not worth what he is getting paid at the Knights. Even when he was with us I felt like he didn't add much other than gain meters and it helped he played big minutes. If I said that when he was with us I would of been abused lol. I would rather Aaron Woods back than Klemmer. He is more well rounded than Klemmer, at least he plays the ball quick, offloads and can ball play pretty well.
You were going great till you mentioned woods lol...

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
No chance, Papi is what our club needed. We already have Tolman to do klemmers job. How many times have u ever seen Klem effectively offload or put a player in a hole or even back up like Napa does.

They are both totally different players, but Napa, if hr continues the way he has been playing, is what we have been missing for years
Not every player needs to be able to offload and props aren't meant to be hitting holes. Klemmer makes you yards and is great in defense. Tolman is not doing what Klemmer use to do. Klemmer and Napa together would be perfect.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Klemmer is with out doubt the best meter eater in the NRL and he does play long consistant minutes but I think if you want to be the best prop in the game you need a offload. For Klemmer like money ($1mil) I’d much rather Fafita he is a much more dangerous player who also gets the meters.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
A pussy whipped bitch!! The guy lost his balls years ago and it showed on the field. He may eat some running metres but he has no aggression and turned soft like his mate Sharon.

Napa at least has some balls and some aggression. The team will feed off of that.
And Naps is a try scorer as well lol.!!! No comparison.