News Kieran Foran vows to beat injury curse and return early for Bulldogs

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
What exactly is the re occurring injury/weakness that has you thinking that his body is not in tip top shape?

Because this incident has nothing to do with any previous injury or weakness. Some people harp on about hamstring weakness, when we know it was caused by a bulging disc that has been treated, plus specific work on them with Shirvington. Hence no sign of any hamstring issues this year that I have seen. I haven't seen any re occurrance for the last 6 years of the shoulder injuries that occurred earlier in his career. The toe tendons from last year is a freak injury, but I see no relationship with anything prior.

I just don't see any inherent weaknesses in his body that some people harp on about. He might be just plain unlucky, but even there it's not like syndesmosis injuries are rare in football. Wakeham did one in training that's why he isn't playing.

Go Dogs
When someone cops as many different injuries as Foran has in recent years, it's generally because they are young and still growing into their bodies or they have aged poorly from a physical POV and their body can not handle the rigors of a physical contact sport. Foran isn't young and he isn't still growing into his body. Nothing personal against him, but he hasn't played anything close to a full season since he left Manly. He's on big money and for the most part, is being paid to sit on the sidelines. People who think he's unlucky are on the same raft travelling down denial river as Kieran is.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
I hear what your saying mate but Foran has consistently suffered injuries for as long as I can recall literally from head to toe and now he’s in his thirties it would be highly optimistic to think he will remain injury free for the rest of this season let alone five years.
There is a fine line between being optimistic and being delusional
Would you believe Foran is not in his thirties but only 28? Not as old as everyone thinks.
DOB 13-07-90. Check it out.

The Dominator

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I hope he can do it BUT our club should not be relying on Foran for next year. If Wakeham is considered the man then focus on him or else we MUST buy a quality half for next year......somehow.

JOHNY BULLDOG

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lets just wait and see how Cogger goes in the next few weeks...for all we know him & Prince may gel & brain em!

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People need to stop crying about how much money his on. Get the fuck over it. How many times do we need to listen to his on million dollars a season and we get nothing out of him. Its done thats it get over it stop crying about it. There is nothing me you or anyone can do about it. Only thing we can do is support him. His here for at least another 1 year after this year.
1. Your not listening to me your reading what I wrote
2. You don’t need to comment if you didn’t like what I wrote
3. It’s a forum which I thought is the place to express what you feel wether it’s wrong or right
4. Who’s crying? How would you know I’m crying? Because of a simple claim lol someone needs to take a chill pill and relax

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He can’t just medically retire.....it has to be a new injury that makes him not be able to play football anymore and even then it might not get through insurance. The only other option is Foran walking away from his contract and giving up his money and that just isn’t going to happen.
Well do what’s best for the team and leave. Better? He can take up a mentoring role of some sort outside the cap and everyone’s happy

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Speak for yourself champ, I’d rather pay him, than have some of the other muppets we just got rid of.
Not having a go at ya but I never mentioned any of the other muppets... let’s be real here if we are so called rebuilding Foran won’t be part of the bigger picture. As much as his mind wants to play like the old Foran it ain’t gona happen his to injury prone. People are saying stop mentioning his pay lol isn’t that the major issue we have atm. Our cap? We are in a shithole as it is and some people are happy to see this guy run around for 3-4 games a year on $1mil of our cap when we could use that money on another half or Hooker thAt can last the season. I swear I don’t get some people here lol

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well do what’s best for the team and leave. Better? He can take up a mentoring role of some sort outside the cap and everyone’s happy
He’s not going to walk away from $2 million....

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a ridiculous insensitive thing to say. You dont speak on behalf of all Bulldogs fans. Sure as hell not me. The guy is busting his ass to do his job.
Who mentioned him not giving it a go. He has played a massive one good game in the past 2 years and all of a sudden the so called expert supporters are behind him. Im not sure about the stat but how many games has the guy played for us since we signed him? Considering he won’t be back for over half this season barring another injury when he gets back we have wasted 2mil in 2 years on a has been who gets broken when he plays with a bit of heart, if your happy to eat into another $1mil of our already shit cap then good on you that’s your opinion but I don’t enjoy the fact my club is struggling and the same player since signed has been warming a seat on the sideline for 80% of the seasons when he is our so called marquee player.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’s not going to walk away from $2 million....
He will if we offer the same money as a coaching gig or something along them lines.... hey no matter what anyone says I know he is here for the remainder of his contract but he has to be one of the worst signings the club has made. There is a reason he wasn’t punted with woods and mbye, it’s becusse no other club wanted him.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I hear what your saying mate but Foran has consistently suffered injuries for as long as I can recall literally from head to toe and now he’s in his thirties it would be highly optimistic to think he will remain injury free for the rest of this season let alone five years.
There is a fine line between being optimistic and being delusional
Thought he was 28?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He will if we offer the same money as a coaching gig or something along them lines.... hey no matter what anyone says I know he is here for the remainder of his contract but he has to be one of the worst signings the club has made. There is a reason he wasn’t punted with woods and mbye, it’s becusse no other club wanted him.
That will still count that on the cap. He has to get medically retired which isn’t happening or released in the same way Woods and Mbye were and as you say no clubs will be very keen on him. He will be here till the end of his contract.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That will still count that on the cap. He has to get medically retired which isn’t happening or released in the same way Woods and Mbye were and as you say no clubs will be very keen on him. He will be here till the end of his contract.
No it won’t if he quits nrl. His contract will be terminated... yes nrl need to approve if his medically retiring but what’s to stop him quitting league and moving on to a coaching gig of some sort?

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When someone cops as many different injuries as Foran has in recent years, it's generally because they are young and still growing into their bodies or they have aged poorly from a physical POV and their body can not handle the rigors of a physical contact sport. Foran isn't young and he isn't still growing into his body. Nothing personal against him, but he hasn't played anything close to a full season since he left Manly. He's on big money and for the most part, is being paid to sit on the sidelines. People who think he's unlucky are on the same raft travelling down denial river as Kieran is.
The injury on the weekend was unlucky and would’ve happened to anyone. Legs just aren’t meant to be put in that position under that sort of weight.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly and some people here are sooking for speaking the truth. Busting his balls or not the guy is a elite athlete, on massive money who’s body just doesn’t allow him to play this sport anymore. Don’t get what people are not seeing. He sits down on the sideline more then anyone in the league and is up there with the highest paid players.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
No it won’t if he quits nrl. His contract will be terminated... yes nrl need to approve if his medically retiring but what’s to stop him quitting league and moving on to a coaching gig of some sort?
So you think the NRL will allow that? Of course not. Every team would do that to get around the cap if it was allowed. You can’t just release someone from their contract and then pay them off the cap.