Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

Should the bulldogs make Reynolds priority number one target for 2022?

• Total voters

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
It's worth a DONT SAY IT..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... CRACK

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's worth a DONT SAY IT..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... CRACK
LEGEND 92!!

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wouldn't mind a mid year signings for Aaron Gray and Ronaldo Mulitalo from newtown jets both can play wing and centre.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Phillip Sami has been impressive the last couple of year s on the wing for titans, not sure why he's out of favour now but would be a good option.
Tom Dearden, young Bronco's half had a hell of a debut in QLD cup last week, franchise player for me after watching the game.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Will be interesting to see how Mason Lino goes this weekend, I was hoping the Dogs would make a play for him before he signed with the loser Knights

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
We should go after manase fainu
Very good player and a cool head. He actually has been playing more mins each game. I feel like that could be sign maybe Api isn't the preferred 9. Fainu just resigned for 2 years, maybe we could pick up Api ?

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Tim Samona

does anyone agree he would be a great, & very cheap option to purchase?

I think he might still be suspended and yes he Was a naughty boy but hey I think we can get over it.

He is a fast and strong centre better then Holland and can play wing or fullback if needed..

Remember I’m only suggesting him because with our salary cap we don’t have many options and our depth in the centres is real bad.

Last edited:

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Api has been playing pretty poorly this year.
I'd look at Jazz Tavaga as an option - Stuck behind Luke and Roach.
Was very effective against us in RD 1 (But who wasnt?)

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Tim Samona

I think he might still be suspended and yes he Was a naughty boy but hey I think we can get over it.

He is a fast and strong centre better then Holland and can play wing or fullback if needed..

Remember I’m only suggesting him because with our salary cap we don’t have many options and our depth in the centres is real bad.
Not sure who the young kid but I am up for anyone to replace Holland. The guy had a great game on the weekend but way to inconsistent and has been since he debuted. Him and Lichaa need to go or only be backups for the top 17. Also a new 9 would be nice. JMK can be a backup to our top squad as well.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Tim Samona

Yeah I'd love us to go after Tim Simona, he was looking really good for the Tigers before his suspension, he is still suspended indefinitely and we would need to get him cleared first. Greenturd at the time mentioned that he would probably never be allowed back but considering we have players like Lodge and Packer in the game we could argue a return based on precedent. He does also seem to have got his life back on track and does a lot of community work so would be a great addition.

1. Meaney
2. Okubor
3. Hopoate
4. Simona
5. Smith

That is an exciting backline with Hoppa and Simona in their prime years and the younger boys could learn a lot of them. You would also have a lot of flexibility in that backline with Simona and Hoppa being able to play fullback and Okunbor and Smith both having some experience in the centres.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,

Folau sacked by the ARU for some real talk. Their loss.

So I think he may be angling to come back.

He's a SWS local and thats kind of our territory.

Do we want him?

On the one hand I think we need some star power and some kiz zing in the backline, but on the other hand WING is a position I think we are fine with now with Reimis on fire and that Mandingo on the other side, as well as also rans like Crichton, Montoya, Olive and whoever else ready to step up.

Meaney needs persistence and investment, so I can only really see him in the centre, but I think Hoppa will find his own there. BUT, maybe Izzy is a bette player, but then at what cost?

I think however he will end up at the Tigerpies or Cowboys. Maybbbbe Manly.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Tim Simona?
The guy who stole from a charity?
The one who made bets on his opposition wing to score against him?
The one who hasnt played the NRL in two years?

Please. Like Ordell said in Jackie Brown 'I shoot him and ten mofo's look just like him before I let that happen'.