Opinion Phil Gould

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
With whispers of Gould being on the outer at Penrith and not far from exiting, would it be worth picking him up in an advisory capacity to Dean Pay and the recruitment/ retention committees?

Love him or loathe him, the bloke has one of the best footy brains in the business, I think he'd be an asset over the next couple of crucial years.

He also has some Bulldogs pedigree from the 80's as a player and coach.

What do you think?
No..no...no...no...no.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With whispers of Gould being on the outer at Penrith and not far from exiting, would it be worth picking him up in an advisory capacity to Dean Pay and the recruitment/ retention committees?

Love him or loathe him, the bloke has one of the best footy brains in the business, I think he'd be an asset over the next couple of crucial years.

He also has some Bulldogs pedigree from the 80's as a player and coach.

What do you think?
The further Gould is from Belmore the better, he has had an uncompromising hatred against our club since the SL war. Personally I'm sure he is well passed his used by date, he is very good and cunning at making people thing that he is a great football brain with clever Psychology, he will never have his heart in our club, because he is bosom buddy with Politis and the Rotters our clubs mortal enemies.
When Stuart was looking for gig he wrote about how Gould was a man of agenda's and had wanted to target our better players.
He is very good at influencing others and has turned many in the RL world against our club.
I'm certain that Dib tried his best to befriend him in order to stop him maligning our club.
I could write 100 pages regarding comments he made which would PROVE me right.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
Yes, he has a great footy brain, but he sure got his predictions wrong on the Tigers and Bulldogs game, to my great amusement. He gave us no chance whatsoever and gushed over Benji and Farah.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
What a character, won't be leaving the foot of the mountains.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What the old heads around our club say is that Gould hasnt liked our club since the day Peter Moore sacked him as coach for Chris Anderson..

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Even Ivan Cleary still doesn't talk to him, and he's the most laid back dude in RL. That says it all.

So it's a no to Jabba The Hut.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I genuinely think we’re gonna be a fo Be again with the curren admin. They are slowly getting the commradere or how ever it’s spelt? For once the team looks like they like each other with not one ego in the team.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I knew it would be a divisive opinion on here, but I think in an advisory role he'd be beneficial.
I'm not suggesting giving the old fella an office and a polo shirt for press conferences though.
The next 2 years are so critical to our sustained success moving forward, I just hope we have the right people in the right places.
As a former Steelers supporter and junior, I know how it feels to get shafted once talk of criteria and expansion raises it's head.

Canis Maximus

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
That's ridiculous, that is ridiculous!
no, no, no, no, no!
Cronulla is home to the modern day gladiators.
Dear oh dear oh dear........

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Bulldogs old boys should be involved with the current squad anyway, hope the players have plenty of old Bulldog DVDs, we gotta get them some culture.

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
No thanks he's a wanker plus just heard on fox sports that the sharks are circling him.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's ridiculous, that is ridiculous!
no, no, no, no, no!
Cronulla is home to the modern day gladiators.
Dear oh dear oh dear........
I’m getting flashbacks to the Rugby League Live games with those quotes.

“Dear oh dear oh dear. Very poor play from the home team.”

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Gould's 5 year plan is up to about 10+ years now and although at one stage I thought they were looking good I think they are on the other side of that crest now. I think he more suited to bigger decisions now to be honest and a better use of him would be in regards to the running of the game as a whole. I would take him over Greenshite tomorrow. I think as a Coach or adviser his days are gone and the game's moved past him.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
To all you spastics ripping Gould who probably has the top 5 coaching record in the game, the Penrith rebuild was about making that club financially successful and being able to compete on the football field again. That club was in ruins before he took it over, it was the right decision to let Cleary go in the first place as he is not at all first grade standard and only got the job back because his son is young and over rated as fuck. The fact the board went over Gould’s head like they have an inch of football knowledge is almost as bad as what Desball and co did to this club. So in short I would kill to have someone of his ilk here and not someone like Chris Anderson who manufactured his position at this club

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We've got the right people steering this ship right now. Gus and his ego is surplus to requirements.
I couldn’t disagree more, the direction this club is in is fck ing terrible