Jack Cogger

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cogger is an organising half, not really a runner like foran. Might need to move Lewis to 6. Cogger is a decent kicker in general play.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Like someone else said in another thread. Pay may choose JMK at 6 amd Lichaa back to 9...

I'll cry

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Cogger has beeen landing them on a dime for Tui Katoa in NSW Cup over the past two weeks.

IF he gets picked and can do that with Okunbor and Smith on our wings, the only thing we need do is get in the strike zone and points will come as our man mountains out wide tower over Storms wingers.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cogger has beeen landing them on a dime for Tui Katoa in NSW Cup over the past two weeks.

IF he gets picked and can do that with Okunbor and Smith on our wings, the only thing we need do is get in the strike zone and points will come as our man mountains out wide tower over Storms wingers.
Only on Addo Carrs side because Vunivalu is a weapon in the air.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm telling you now....

I'll be inconsolable....

I will need some space
Surely Pay won’t do it.....JMK is rubbish is the halves and Lichaa is just rubbish. Cogger is the only liget option.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Only on Addo Carrs side because Vunivalu is a weapon in the air.
Good point. He's still a little shorter than either Okunbor or Smith (albeit not much shorter than Smith ~5cm). If Okunbor is up against him, Okunbor has about 10kgs and 10cm over Vunivalu.

JAC is the one who is likely to get bombed.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well he's had twenty games in first grade and will probably enjoy taking a shot at the Storm, Sundays game plan went well lets try it again.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Cogger will surprise a few on here.

Id even try him at hooker if Foran wasn't made of glass.

Couldn't do worse than Lichit.

Last edited:

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Although not much to go on, remember he was part of that first half lineup that killed the Raiders in the trial match this year.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck Cogger 'you can do it' (in a bad Mexican accent). I've really enjoyed these young players stepping up into 1st grade since last year & I bet Cogger will be no different.
I have actually enjoyed watching different players running out in the dogs jersey. Last week we had the joy of watching Meaney’s speed and okunbors strength. Last year we discovered reimis, Lewis and rhyme Martin. Now curious what cogger has to offer. Should be interesting

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what I’ve seen of Cogger he is extremely conservative. Plays safe.. catch, pass, kick.... repeat ... I would love to see some more creativity from him. Looking forward to seeing how he goes.
Good luck son.

berries67

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
1st game for new club for rookie half and its against a top tier team in the Storm at their home ground. Doesn't get much harder and a huge hurdle for the young kid. I hope he comes through ok and wish him all the best. Patience is needed because we don't have too many other options. JMK didn't go all that well playing halves last season. Wakeham needs more playing time in lower grades and isn't he out injured at the moment so it would be a while before he is a viable option. Is there anyone else?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
People do realise Cogger has been playing in the NRL since 2016 right? He debuted 2016.

2016: 6 games, 6 losses
alongside Lamb x 1
alongside Hodko x 5

2017: 2 games, 2 losses
alongside Hodko x 2

2018: 12 games, 3 wins, 9 losses
alongside Pearce x 5 (1w)
alongside Watson x 7 (2w)

He was pretty average alongside Mitchell Pearce and Hodko (who are better halves players that Lewis at present).

That said whilst his defence can be shaky at times, and his organisation sees him go missing in action a little bit, there are some good qualities in his game.

His kicking game is excellent and generally on a dime. Gets a lot of repeat sets.
He's a smart player and reads play quite well in regards to running or playing through the hands.

I think given a chance to prove himself knowing there is competition around, he'll do quite well, but (like Lewis), probably get told to keep it simple and get the basics right.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I have actually enjoyed watching different players running out in the dogs jersey. Last week we had the joy of watching Meaney’s speed and okunbors strength. Last year we discovered reimis, Lewis and rhyme Martin. Now curious what cogger has to offer. Should be interesting
I also love autocorrect. Rhyme Martin :grinning: Every time i type Lichaa on my phone it gets changed to Lichen.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think these new guys have destroyed the critics on here. All I read about was "rubbish". "cant tackle", "will get rag dolled".
They have been very good for young guys and will get better. Cogger is in the same boat. But he can tackle, he wont get rag dolled, and he sure aint rubbish.
I think its time to put the negative posters in the bin.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t rate him.

He makes a lot of noise on the field but doesn’t do anything. I think Lewis is a better general.