Paul Crawley is a knob

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Monday Bunker: Dogs deliver, but dark storm clouds still on horizon
But Daily Telegraph journalists Phil Rothfield and Paul Crawley have told Monday Bunker TV that the Bulldogs should put the champagne on ice for the moment, warning that the decision to re-sign under-fire coach Dean Pay is far from vindicated just yet.

In the week after surprising some in the rugby league world by extending Pay’s contract by 12 months the Bulldogs ran riot against the Tigers, finishing 22-8 winners and lifting themselves off the bottom of the ladder with their first win of the year.

Keep the celebrations in check - the Dogs still face some tough times ahead. Picture: Phil Hillyard

But Rothfield was still miffed by the decision to extend Pay’s deal, especially by just 12 months – pointing out that due to the club’s salary cap mismanagement in recent times, Pay won’t be able to bring in any marquee players until 2021 after his extended deal is up.

“It was great to see them win (on Sunday), they desperately needed it for confidence in the camp,” Rothfield explained.

“For the life of me though, if you’re going to extend a coach I don’t know why they’ve only done it for one year.

“He has no money in that extra year to actually spend on marquee players and improve this roster.

“I still don’t think it’s a finals roster. But the salary cap position is so bad they can’t sign anyone until 2021.

“You know what? Dean Pay will be off contract by then.”

Bulldogs coach Dean Pay was re-signed during the week. But was the decision vindicated? Picture: Phil Hillyard

Crawley said the constant bleating about their salary cap woes needed to be put to bed – saying other clubs were in similar tough spots but weren’t complaining to the same degree as the blue and whites.

“They first two weeks they were shocking. They conceded more points than they have since 1971 to start a season for this club,” Crawley said.

“All we ever hear is this club (the Bulldogs) whinging about its salary cap situation – the Titans (on Sunday) played $500,000 under the salary cap, they were also without a million-dollar halfback, a five-eighth and a hooker.

“Canterbury, what do they want? A street parade for winning one game?”

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...s/news-story/3fc3c0c8ecfd32e14209b53c7e1a78cf

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
Hahahaha love it, keep this stuff coming it'll fire up everyone in the club!

Love the jib at the end about no one caring about our salary cap and all we do is whinge about it, I believe the cuntgraph/news ***** are the ones who always bring it up and constantly talk about it, no one else!

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buzz is just flithy that De Bortoli Wines will only extend his goon contact for 12 months at a time

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Paul Crawley is the sort of load generally left by a homeless man behind a rubbish bin in a dark piss soaked alley.

Rothfuel is just trying to get his mate Flogagan a gig ..

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
beating storm in Melbourne in current circumstance would be like winning a premiership.
It is but we have beaten them in Melbourne before ...if we play like we did particularly in the first half yesterday we can beat anyone

It will take a mammoth effort though

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
Titans and any other teams are playing temporarily with under strength squads and he knows this, he’s just a ****

Untamed

Previously wilddog
Reaction score
Gutter journalism at it's best.
Typical telecrap.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Must be good being paid to be a professional whinger.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Waiting for the panel on NRL360 to give us a rap

.......tumbleweed blowing

Lone wolf howling

Ant pissing on cotton

Give us some fkn credit you muppets

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Big twat alright lol. Dribbles lots of shit indeed.!!

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Crawley obviously failed primary school maths and despite decades of practise still can’t add up a simple column of numbers. Why am I not surprised.

Go Dogs

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Monday Bunker: Dogs deliver, but dark storm clouds still on horizon
But Daily Telegraph journalists Phil Rothfield and Paul Crawley have told Monday Bunker TV that the Bulldogs should put the champagne on ice for the moment, warning that the decision to re-sign under-fire coach Dean Pay is far from vindicated just yet.

In the week after surprising some in the rugby league world by extending Pay’s contract by 12 months the Bulldogs ran riot against the Tigers, finishing 22-8 winners and lifting themselves off the bottom of the ladder with their first win of the year.

Keep the celebrations in check - the Dogs still face some tough times ahead. Picture: Phil Hillyard

But Rothfield was still miffed by the decision to extend Pay’s deal, especially by just 12 months – pointing out that due to the club’s salary cap mismanagement in recent times, Pay won’t be able to bring in any marquee players until 2021 after his extended deal is up.

“It was great to see them win (on Sunday), they desperately needed it for confidence in the camp,” Rothfield explained.

“For the life of me though, if you’re going to extend a coach I don’t know why they’ve only done it for one year.

“He has no money in that extra year to actually spend on marquee players and improve this roster.

“I still don’t think it’s a finals roster. But the salary cap position is so bad they can’t sign anyone until 2021.

“You know what? Dean Pay will be off contract by then.”

Bulldogs coach Dean Pay was re-signed during the week. But was the decision vindicated? Picture: Phil Hillyard

Crawley said the constant bleating about their salary cap woes needed to be put to bed – saying other clubs were in similar tough spots but weren’t complaining to the same degree as the blue and whites.

“They first two weeks they were shocking. They conceded more points than they have since 1971 to start a season for this club,” Crawley said.

“All we ever hear is this club (the Bulldogs) whinging about its salary cap situation – the Titans (on Sunday) played $500,000 under the salary cap, they were also without a million-dollar halfback, a five-eighth and a hooker.

“Canterbury, what do they want? A street parade for winning one game?”

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...s/news-story/3fc3c0c8ecfd32e14209b53c7e1a78cf

Lol at some of the comments. There are clubs who are flouting the salary cap rules but only the tip of the iceberg is revealed...just enough for a fine and a stern talking to but in my opinion the clubs that people believe are involved are most certainly hiding a multitude of sins.

The difference between us and the Titans...Titans have a 29 man squad so will eventually HAVE to but another player. The 500k under is the 5% of the cap which they are not obligated to spend but they will have to to satisfy the roster requirement. What club other than the Roosters can afford to have a million dollar half back (AND fullback )? ALSO if you only have 500k left in your cap you can't afford a million dollar player unless you have a very generous 3rd party donor....

I would rather have extended Pay's contract than sign a certain coach rumoured to have shown an interest in stepping in should Pay move on and ironically that bloke was the coach of Roth field's beloved team...

Crawley and his mate need to learn that they should report things within the game fairly and equitably and that some of them...no the majority of them, need to learn to separate the truth from the lies in the pursuit of a story...case in point the lies perpetuated regarding the so called facts that Klemmer is still being paid in some capacity by our club. Saying maybe they got the story wrong AFTER the fact does not cut it in my opinion.......and fabricating something which they later retract without really apologizing properly ( see the Lewis situation from Mad Monday) is a joke...