Opinion Kieran Foran

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Poor Cogger. Making his debut against the form team of the comp.

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the way he plays is too dangerous - he risks sustaining an injury every week.

Although I respect his bravery, as a half, you can’t throw yourself at the line time and time again like a prop without regularly picking up injuries. It’s suicide
I don’t know how he piggy backed 3 defenders too in that second half to almost score his double. And that was after he injured his ankle. He did take a while to get up from that though.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Good post match interview with Foran

He made a good point that the team need to get used to closing out games from a winning position and icing it

We got a couple nervous moments late and maybe Raiders come back last season still fresh in our minds but I thought Foran (didn’t play that Raiders game) and JJ showed good leadership and closed out our much needed W
One word KiwiDog - Lichaa

He was the one that sparked the raiders comback last year and did you notice as soon as he game on yesterday we lost that spring in our step?

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With the mental health issues he had in the past, could it be possible that his body might have been more susceptible to injuries? Just a general question. I mean, the two do go hand in hand. Is that a possibility why his body kept breaking down? Or is it just coincidence that he suffered from both wit no relation?

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

He was the one that sparked the raiders comback last year and did you notice as soon as he game on yesterday we lost that spring in our step?
I noticed our attack became predictable and stagnated when he came on not to mention he telegraph his passes and sent one to Lewis head

Mate of mine (Gronks supporter)messages me ‘fancy having a hooker that can’t pass left to right ‘

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
With the mental health issues he had in the past, could it be possible that his body might have been more susceptible to injuries? Just a general question. I mean, the two do go hand in hand. Is that a possibility why his body kept breaking down? Or is it just coincidence that he suffered from both wit no relation?
More likely that while he was not in a good place mentally he wasn't training, rehabilitating and in general not looking after his body. He was suspended for a couple of games for drinking alcohol while injured, that doesn't help either.

Go Dogs

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
12 months too late? He was injured for most of last season. I genuinely don't understand all the hate for a bloke who's had a **** of a run with injuries. How is he supposed to help that?

Also, It's the club's fault for signing him on overs. As if any single one of us would knock back that sort of money?
You pay a guy a million dollars a season to enhance your team. If you are happy to pay a guy that for not much production then you can expect lousy results. It’s not hate for the guy either, just my assessment of his performance.
He’s most likely the highest paid player on the team. Injuries or not you would expect them to be close to your best player if you recruit them on big money. If they fall short of that expectation fans like me will call it like we see it.
Dib should never have offered him that big deal by oh well. Just have to hope he doesn’t break down again and keeps up his form for the rest of the season.

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Seems to be a common trend.. Really highlights how important an 80 minute hooker is.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He was good last week as well. He can't play if the forwards aren't setting the platform for the likes of he and Lewis.

Even going back to last year before his season ending injury, he wasn't even playing too badly. We found out he was playing injured for most of it, and to be fair the likes of Sharon and co just weren't setting the platform for him to do his thing.
he impressed me last season when I was watching him in a game where he was obviously injured but he just kept going, organising , try assisting and just really fighting to win..
I knew once he was fit again he'd be exactly what the dogs needed. A leader on the field

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Foran was bloody good, i never relised how tuff the guy is. Apart from his skills the guy yesterday really put his body on the line. I was one who doubted foran thinking his injuries have got the better of him. About what we are paying him who cares if he plays like he did yesterday. Was an inspiring performance thanks foz

Wyzguy

Bulldog Tragic
Reaction score
The guy is a beast .. put his body on the line , stayed out there when someone fell on his ankle ..should of scored two more tries

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He played well -kudos to him.

Still find it weird seeing him in blue n white.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bloke just regurgitated what was said after the match. Didn’t even mention scan results. I’d be shocked if he played
I think he will play it will just depend what happened to it when the ankle cooled down and if scans show any damage. He finished the game with it so the pain tolerance wouldn’t be an issue and a week of physio treatment will probably see him good enough to go.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
You pay a guy a million dollars a season to enhance your team. If you are happy to pay a guy that for not much production then you can expect lousy results. It’s not hate for the guy either, just my assessment of his performance.
He’s most likely the highest paid player on the team. Injuries or not you would expect them to be close to your best player if you recruit them on big money. If they fall short of that expectation fans like me will call it like we see it.
Dib should never have offered him that big deal by oh well. Just have to hope he doesn’t break down again and keeps up his form for the rest of the season.
That’s unrealistic, “injuries or not” seriously you expect someone to play close to their best when injured. No matter how serious or debilitating the injury is. Trot out in the moon boot, go for it. Arm in a cast and sling. How about on crunches, no tripping of course.

Go Dogs