Opinion Kieran Foran

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So you’re happy that he’s doing his job? Standards here have dropped so low we are happy when our marquee big money signing finally delivers. This performance was 12 months too late really. I hope he keeps this form up for the sake of the team. He’s still not worth $1m a season. Our best option would be to try and sell high on Foran to get out of his ridiculous deal if there’s a team willing to pay his salary.
12 months too late? He was injured for most of last season. I genuinely don't understand all the hate for a bloke who's had a **** of a run with injuries. How is he supposed to help that?

Also, It's the club's fault for signing him on overs. As if any single one of us would knock back that sort of money?

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So you’re happy that he’s doing his job? Standards here have dropped so low we are happy when our marquee big money signing finally delivers. This performance was 12 months too late really. I hope he keeps this form up for the sake of the team. He’s still not worth $1m a season. Our best option would be to try and sell high on Foran to get out of his ridiculous deal if there’s a team willing to pay his salary.
12 months too late? He was injured for most of last season. I genuinely don't understand all the hate for a bloke who's had a **** of a run with injuries. How is he supposed to help that?

Also, It's the club's fault for signing him on overs. As if any single one of us would knock back that sort of money?

Packstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Foran in the last two weeks has given his haters a big fk u with his great performances

Not bad for a washed up geriatric old fulla with a walking stick that’s he’s supposed to be

Love ya work Fozzy keep proving the critics wrong (and some of ya teams supporters)
Look at this carnt taking a moral high ground.

Just a few days ago you were blasting the fark outta Pay, Montoya & Elliott

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
We'll he is not mentioned on the injury list, so here's hoping he's good to go on the weekend

The Dominator

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'm just glad to see he still has "it". With so many injuries, it was possible he could never be Kieran Foran again but what we saw yesterday was a class player. Please God be kind to him with injuries from now on.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Hats off to him for a big performance yesterday. Lead from the front and lead by example.

I hope his ankle issue isn't a long term injury (but I fear it is and I fear it's reflection of the overall state of his body).

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hats off to him for a big performance yesterday. Lead from the front and lead by example.

I hope his ankle issue isn't a long term injury (but I fear it is and I fear it's reflection of the overall state of his body).
I think any player who had their leg in that position would have hurt it yesterday. It was a contact injury more then one of his chronic injuries flaring up.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Foran
2018 - 900k, 2019 - $1.1m, 2020 - $1.2m.(Roughly a million dollars a season)
I think the article below states $1.2m in 2019.
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/bu...n-and-des-hasler-reunion-20181013-p509h6.html
Snippets from above article:
"Given Hasler signed Foran on a whopping deal north of $3 million, the coach would actually be doing his former employer a favour – at least financially – if he took the Kiwi off Canterbury's hands."
"Foran is expected to collect $1.2 million next season, which includes no third-party deals, making him one of the most expensive players in the competition."
The SMH is a newspaper, good for wrapping ones fish and chips in.

Go Dogs

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is that your opinion that its a cork? Or do you know this as fact?
To me it looked like he rolled or slightly sprained his ankle when the defender come down on it as he scored a try. I didnt see how we would of corked his calf from that. He will be a bit ginger on that ankle for a couple of weeks but he will play u would think.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Foz played a blinder I hope he kicks on from here

Wally D

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
the way he plays is too dangerous - he risks sustaining an injury every week.

Although I respect his bravery, as a half, you can’t throw yourself at the line time and time again like a prop without regularly picking up injuries. It’s suicide

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome to see especially for a bloke who was on the brink of taking his own life. Hopefully this is a sign that he is back in a happy place.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Look at this carnt taking a moral high ground.

Just a few days ago you were blasting the fark outta Pay, Montoya & Elliott
And with good reason

All good mate you don’t seem to know much about RL prob never played it at any level so see ya

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
LOL @ everyone getting defensive over Foran, like he's their mate ...

The only thing that matter to me is what best for the bulldogs and nothing else really matters...

to this point has Foran's signing been worthwhile ?? that's a big fat no ..

Can he redeem himself? definitely, and he has started the right way in 2019.. but theres a long time left on his contract ..

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Good post match interview with Foran

He made a good point that the team need to get used to closing out games from a winning position and icing it

We got a couple nervous moments late and maybe Raiders come back last season still fresh in our minds but I thought Foran (didn’t play that Raiders game) and JJ showed good leadership and closed out our much needed W