Rd 4 vs storm

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yesterdays win was the greatest motivator for next weekend. Hopefully Pay wont make too many changes and get on with strengthening our weaknesses. Someone needs to get Lewis's kicking game sorted. I know it was windy yesterday blah blah. In goal grubber kicks, has he made any? He really needs to work on selecting what kick type for any given situation. Bombs and cross goal kicking acheive 50/50results dependent on other factors (wingers ability, opposition reading the same play repeated etc). Grubbers to in goal achieve pressure and a restart if they dont produce a try. Foran has it in him. Anywhos, just an observation.

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
realistically, if the storm show up, we are no chance regardless of how well we play, they have way to much ability for us with we where are at now

but even tho they are so clinical, the storm are still like every other team in the comp and drop games they shouldn't. they have had 3 good wins and they have 2 big friday night games coming up (away V's Cows and home to chooks in GF replay). there is every chance they overlook us and if they do that & we start strong then we go from no chance to being in the game but i still couldn't tip us with any great confidence

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That’s not mediocrity

Accepting 5-0 shalacking in the first 5 games of the season is mediocrity.

We are playing storm the best team in the Comp and in last 10 years. Even I won’t be disappointed with a loss as long as PAy doesn’t fuck the team up or boys don’t put in their 100%.
No way, you are settling for mediocrity. We are the bulldogs!
The Storm are beatable like every team is in the NRL. The panthers are just a shit team with a shit coach.
Any coach who can't get a team firing with the current state of origin halves in his side is a shit coach.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Better chance to win with the round 3 team than the one before that, but yeh doesn't come much harder. A win would be huge.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Better chance to win with the round 3 team than the one before that, but yeh doesn't come much harder. A win would be huge.
100% It will be tuff. A win against a Storm team so strong at the moment would indicate to our team that anything is possible this year.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
A bit of a concern with such a young team is having a let down after being up yesterday.

No one will give us a chance again so there is no pressure on us so we are a chance.

We do historically match up very well against Melbourne and I think we might have the best record of any club against them!

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really believe that our team will be pumping and ready for action
Those grubs from bleak city are beatable,we need to clean up a few small things in our game
This second hooker on the bench is a concern ( waste )
The refs made some shockers against us yesterday,have the feeling it’s going to be worse down there
Monday morning headline next week
Bulldogs cause upset of the year !

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Make no mistake...the Tigers turned up yesterday and didnt play badly. We just clicked, we defended with more urgency and few things went our way in attack. The newbies all had good solid starts - Meany and Oken in particular were good and contributed positively to giving us more firepower in attack.

Lets not forget though that the Storm have made the last 3 GF's. THEY are the benchmark - even losing Slater. They never beat themselves with wrong options or dropped balls so we have to go out and constantly put pressure on them...be patient...and keep the intensity we showed against the Tigers. Early last season the Tigers were also going well, they beat the Storm 2x in the first 5 rounds. This year, the Tigers have again started strongly, weve just beat them convincingly, so of course we CAN beat the Storm. Finally on Sunday our high completions paid off because of what we did with the ball. If we can conjure some repeat sets and tire the Storm D out we will go a long way to winning our next game on the back of Intensity and Patience.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1. Meaney
2. Smith
3. Holland
4. Hopoate
5. Okunbor
6. Foran
7. Lewis
8. Tolman
9. JMK
10. Napa
11. Martin
12. CHN
13. Jackson

14. Cogger
15. Ogden
16. Elliot
17. Smith

With Foran already carrying a niggle and JMK seemingly unable to play 80 mins at hooker I'd like to see Cogger on the bench (Brown would be preferred but he should probably get another week in reserves as he just came back from injury). Elliot doesn't belong in the middle and should come on for a stint on the edge, Smith didn't get much of an opportunity yesterday but I still like him and Ogden needs to be playing atleast 30 minutes a game, he should be the first to come on for Napa after 25 minutes.

Im really worried for our edge defence against the storm, they have some real strike players.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Meaney
2. Smith
3. Holland
4. Hopoate
5. Okunbor
6. Foran
7. Lewis
8. Tolman
9. JMK
10. Napa
11. Martin
12. CHN
13. Jackson

14. Cogger
15. Ogden
16. Elliot
17. Smith

With Foran already carrying a niggle and JMK seemingly unable to play 80 mins at hooker I'd like to see Cogger on the bench (Brown would be preferred but he should probably get another week in reserves as he just came back from injury). Elliot doesn't belong in the middle and should come on for a stint on the edge, Smith didn't get much of an opportunity yesterday but I still like him and Ogden needs to be playing atleast 30 minutes a game, he should be the first to come on for Napa after 25 minutes.

Im really worried for our edge defence against the storm, they have some real strike players.
I like your team
It looks stronger with Cogger there by a country mile
Having that third strike player is massive,takes pressure off Lewis,Foran and JMK when he is gassed out
Smith needs just a few more minutes,another big body
We should throw Harper a bone soon,nothing to loose

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The boys will need to be on their game or they will need to ensure they are lubed up or take out a butt plug instead of a mouth guard.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Swap Lichaa for RFM on the bench and we will have a red hot chance in my opinion..
Yeh rfm must have more to offer than lichaas cameos.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeh rfm must have more to offer than lichaas cameos.
Considering how little Lichaa provides in terms of passing ability and general hooking dutiea, surely Jacko can fill in for the final parts of the game when jmk needs a spell

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Surely pay hasnt got the blinkers on with lichha fmd that was inept what lichha did yesterday