Official Round 3 - Dogs vs Tigers - Consolidated Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuck the gutlessness creeping into the NRL.
We have two fast wingers and a fast fullback, people we have a competitive football side.
Having the speed of Meaney and Reimis gives me a lot of confidence. I think there is still lots to Meaney the NRL has not seen. Cannot wait to see what he does in the next game

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The best players on the field were the ones who were the ones most maligned on here.
Even Hopoate had a good game. Just glad Pay is coach and not the kennel members.
Kennel members were calling for this side from day one. Congrats to Pay for the ability to read the forum.

I still stand by saying he is not a head coach. Anyone who consistently picks Lichit every week isn't head coach material lol

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Having the speed of Meaney and Reimis gives me a lot of confidence. I think there is still lots to Meaney the NRL has not seen. Cannot wait to see what he does in the next game
I said it a while back. Meaney reminds me of Patten. He will slowly develop into a really good fullback as he gets more FG games under his belt. He is definitely a player to persist with. You can’t teach speed!

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Kennel members were calling for this side from day one. Congrats to Pay for the ability to read the forum.

I still stand by saying he is not a head coach. Anyone who consistently picks Lichit every week isn't head coach material lol
Good keep standing by it.

Because like our young players who will only get better with more FG games, so will Pay get better the more games he coaches. It’s just a fact of life, you need to crawl before you can walk, but I guess in your case as soon as you were born you started running, right?

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Jayden Okunbor had 176m that’s very impressive on debut. Sure the changes to the pack helped but getting sets started on the right note with runs from Jayden and Reimis is invaluable and something we have sorely missed for many seasons.
Foxsports claims 210m for Okunbor.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I said it a while back. Meaney reminds me of Patten. He will slowly develop into a really good fullback as he gets more FG games under his belt. He is definitely a player to persist with. You can’t teach speed!
In saying that though Hoppa was still rock solid as a centre . He managed to gain heaps of metres, got involved a lot, looked to create opportunities and was defensively sound. So it looks like number 1 and 4 positions are filled for now

Dogs2004

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Jayden Okunbor had 176m that’s very impressive on debut. Sure the changes to the pack helped but getting sets started on the right note with runs from Jayden and Reimis is invaluable and something we have sorely missed for many seasons.
Finally some tall wingers that towered the oposition for once !

Dogs2004

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Foran was all heart today he never stopped going forward on a hurt leg and was unlucky not to have a couple of tries.
Meaney was great in very tricky conditions he has genuine pace.
Agree meaney stood up and showed his opposite mbye the imposter how it's done..and the bloke stood back up after they nearly took of his head twice

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I admit I thought meaney and okunbor would be found out in first grade - thought the same about reimis smith - all lifted once in first grade. Hope I contiunue to be wrong. Okunbors carries were great and Meaney has genuine speed once with a bit of room, something we haven't had at fb for a long time. He just needs to work on defence.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Agree meaney stood up and showed his opposite mbye the imposter how it's done..and the bloke stood back up after they nearly took of his head twice
I wasn’t happy with Holland when he just stood there while Taylor whacked him again!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Because like our young players who will only get better with more FG games, so will Pay get better the more games he coaches. It’s just a fact of life, you need to crawl before you can walk, but I guess in your case as soon as you were born you started running, right?
The criticism of Pay is justified. He picked the team he should have Game 1. The criticism of the players was justified. They didn't play well Game 1 and 2. Game 3, with the speed of Meaney, drop out regathers of Okunbor, CHN in the run on side and Martin, Elliott best off bench, JMK for Lichaa.

Vast majority of supporters recognised this as our best team way back in February.

Pay under the pump, recognised his favs were not performing, changed the team, got the win. If he keeps up the momentum, and coaches well, he will be flavour of the month around here.

If they don't coach or play well, they're gonna get bagged. It's a performance based sport.

Some go overboard on here but any, even the tiniest smidgen of Hasler-like tactics and poor selections is going to wind up most Dogs fans. We all know we don't have a star studded roster so the coach has to get the most out of the team as possible. He does that, he's a Legend.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Much improved performance and not a single player who didn't put in the effort and do there job.
Not as much one out running, good support play.
Edges looked more settled although Holland's defence needs to improve, Pay might even considering switching him and Hoppa.
Jackson at lock is great, long overdue.
Meaney at fb looks good but seemed to use his wingers a lot in kick returns... Probably needs another off season or two to develop before we see the best of him.
CHN, Elliott and Napa need to be careful sprinting out of the line, better teams will make us pay, but otherwise all 3 played well.
Easily Forans best game as a Bulldog, took the line on, played straight and tough. Hope that injury is nothing serious.
I thought Pay's interchanges were better today, always had a few experienced players on the field.
Well done lads.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Whoa, slow down Dean lol

Bro, I was running faster than Bolt lol I'm not dumb champ, you don't have to talk like I don't know.

He crawled last year, should be walking this year. Don't expect him to win the GF or even get us into the top 8, just want him to help create us into a force again. His shitty game plans, selections and bench rotations for rounds 1 and 2 were disgusting, under 6 level.

I'm hoping he proves me wrong but I'm not going to call him a FG head coach after one win. Today was a very good start, looks like he got the boys in the right head space. IF that was him or just the boys clicking, I really don't care and just happy.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The criticism of Pay is justified. He picked the team he should have Game 1. The criticism of the players was justified. They didn't play well Game 1 and 2. Game 3, with the speed of Meaney, drop out regathers of Okunbor, CHN in the run on side and Martin, Elliott best off bench, JMK for Lichaa.

Vast majority of supporters recognised this as our best team way back in February.

Pay under the pump, recognised his favs were not performing, changed the team, got the win. If he keeps up the momentum, and coaches well, he will be flavour of the month around here.

If they don't coach or play well, they're gonna get bagged. It's a performance based sport.

Some go overboard on here but any, even the tiniest smidgen of Hasler-like tactics and poor selections is going to wind up most Dogs fans. We all know we don't have a star studded roster so the coach has to get the most out of the team as possible. He does that, he's a Legend.
Can’t argue with that, spot on.
All I’m saying is that most of our players have played under 50 first grade games, our coach has coached 27 games. They all need(including the coach) time to learn their trade at the top level. Just be patient. Building a top quality team, and growing as a coach takes time.

With Hasler it was different. With 300 plus games as coach, he should know better with his team selections, recruitment, retention and bench rotations during games.

People need to look at the bigger picture. New players, New coach, new CEO, new board, new head physio, new everything. It’s a bloody serious rebuild from the top down.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We still got punished in the crime count

8-3

That’s fkn heaps considering this season refs are not giving teams penalties
Two strip ball s against us on 4th tackle were blatant knock ons plus the mbye drop from the kick in general play that was ruled play on. We were better than score suggested

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow what a win today,everyone can breath easy again
It was great seeing our team with some genuine tall players and guys who had speed and zip
Have not seen that for years,congrats young bulldogs

Status
Not open for further replies.