Plenty Of Positives

Jabba the Mutt

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Fair enough but he kept going for the jackpot. He didn't attempt one grubber kick for a repeat set.
Agree with you there KE. I'm never going to complain about getting a win but better 6th tackle options in the second half (like going for repeat sets into the wind) would have been far more preferable options.
Still, it was a good win that was greatly needed! (...and I'm hoping for more cromulent performances in the future). :mask:

Go Doggies!!!!

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He's full of effort but has got some really rough edges to his game. I think we need to get Cogger into this team at some point, whether as a 14 or a 7 (with perhaps Lewis sharing the dummy-half duties with JMK).
You are coming up with some rippers today...

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Only positive is Pay finally went with the team that best suited every bodies strengths in their respected positions. IT WAS A NO BRAINER!!

Harper yet to come in for Holland who just cant cut it. Still question marks on Okunbor too.... Needs some extra homework on tackling ASAP!
Okunbor had a dream debut, really. He's got some rough edges too but plenty of promise. My main concern with him is getting caught out positionally with cross-kicks and his turn and chase.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Agree with you there KE. I'm never going to complain about getting a win but better 6th tackle options in the second half (like going for repeat sets into the wind) would have been far more preferable options.
Still, it was a good win that was greatly needed! (...and I'm hoping for more cromulent performances in the future). :mask:

Go Doggies!!!!
Oh, yeah. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to sound like a whiney bitch and my emotion was probably shining through on my original post but I just felt he took the wrong options a few times.

Today was a great win. I have been critical of JMK but full credit to him today. Played very well.

Dogs2004

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Some great positives out today's game I would honestly drop llichaa and have elliot or jackson cover for Marshall king if he gets zapped past the 60 min mark frees up another spot on the bench for rfm /renouf etc

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The major “positive” is that dean gay should never listen to himself ever again and just be a puppet coach listen to people much more intectully suitable for the head coach role.
Probably killed him putting rhyse Martin back in the team.
Why would you insult our head coach by taking the piss out of his Family name?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Okunbor had a dream debut, really. He's got some rough edges too but plenty of promise. My main concern with him is getting caught out positionally with cross-kicks and his turn and chase.
Did u confuse my post with somebody else's? My position on Okunbor is he still needs a yr or two to blossom. Don't have to be Dick Tracy to realise his balls haven't dropped yet.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately I didn't get to watch the game today, but I got to say I'm proud of the boys today .. not only did they prove the experts wrong but most of us fans too.. great effort

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I reckon I'd back my footy knowledge and experience over yours, champ.
Big call for somebody who just met me... Big call indeed champ!

Mind you the team Pay went with today was the one I picked before the season started bar Crighton/Okunbor so you might want to ease up on a kid like Lewis who is basically still undertaking an apprenticeship as an NRL half.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
He had three offloads and four tackle breaks. Still an altogether unsatisfactory performance.
Man this Holland hate is out of control.
He didn’t set the world on fire, but he played ok. That’s all he needs to do

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He was great, and toughed it out as well. But it's an ominous sign to see him hobbling around like a grandfather in rd 3.
Which is my main point with him. No one is tougher as a half or puts his body on the line more but you can see how much he struggles to run and how many knocks he gets.. He always seems like he is held together by tape and ready to break at any second.

But full credit to him, he was very good today and if he can stay fit somehow and get that involved every game, a lot more people will lay off him, including myself.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know how Foran is? He just looks so fragile. Hope he ices up and recovers