Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
A real board with balls would have got Ramien for Klemmer swap

But no we are pussies
Why would Knights have given up a player they had just chased and signed?

doggydaddy

Waterboy
Reaction score
Time to look at the ESL for some quality cheap buys..
For mid this year or next year the dogs badly need to look to sign 2 team / club leadership players while our lower grade players are maturing.
I am sure this happened when the dogs last lost a lot of senior players.
It was when Lamb was playing and the dogs signed an experienced second rower from the tigers.( Mc someone). It worked well then.
Who they would be I can only guess.

SoulCrusher

Banned
Reaction score
Why would Knights have given up a player they had just chased and signed?
We gave up Woods who we chased with massive amounts of cash after just 14 games, we even payed for the pleasure and recieved no one in return.

Then again Newcastle isn't run by a bunch of drooling retards

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
A real board with balls would have got Ramien for Klemmer swap

But no we are pussies
Couldn't agree more mate if said this over a 100 times if Lyn Anderson really understood what the bulldogs where about bullfrog would of kept her but he pushed her away that's saying something

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I doubt Ramien was even an option especially seeing he went to Newcastle for his daughter
I didn’t know that he went up there for his daughter...fair enough

I would have taken SKD anyone just show we didn’t let Klemmer go to strengthen Knights and weaken an already weakened Dogs

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Does anyone think there are some good recruits in the English league, seems like everyone is looking over there lately.
There is heaps man, been rooting for this for a while now

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I like Ese Ese.. He was very good at Brisbane and better last year at Newcastle. It's crazy that he can't crack their lineup.

Too bad our club doesn't have the foresight to sign talent from England.. Bateman could have been had and he looks to be a genuine top line talent.

Canberra also recruited Charnze who we could have had over Meaney..

Pay and this board had no cap space and they sure had limitations, but they also have not made good use at all of the cap space they created by releasing all of our best players...

So it doesn't matter who we suggest they sign if they keep making mistakes and signing guys few clubs were after.

Last edited:

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
We should have utilised Graham's knowledge of esl players while he was around. We've been sleeping while a team like the Faders are buying up the UK national team, their two best players this year thus far are Bateman and Hodgson

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
For mid this year or next year the dogs badly need to look to sign 2 team / club leadership players while our lower grade players are maturing.
It was when Lamb was playing and the dogs signed an experienced second rower from the tigers.( Mc someone). It worked well then.
Mc.....Guire as in Bruce McGuire and yep I agree, a couple journeymen with experience and leadership qualities is what need to help us through this dodgy time...

Like Sue but a tad better....

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
We gave up Woods who we chased with massive amounts of cash after just 14 games, we even payed for the pleasure and recieved no one in return.

Then again Newcastle isn't run by a bunch of drooling retards
Knights don't have a cap problem and need to release players. At least Woods played for us after being signed. Ramien hadn't played a game for knights yet. Never heard of a player being released without playing a game for the new club

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maguire Bruce think his first name was

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If Panthers arent going to play Kade Ellis in first grade maybe we should throw him an offer. He is a dubbo boy after all, something in common with our coach...

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Knights don't have a cap problem and need to release players. At least Woods played for us after being signed. Ramien hadn't played a game for knights yet. Never heard of a player being released without playing a game for the new club
Ever heard of a bloke called Ben Barba?

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Ever heard of a bloke called Ben Barba?
Don't see how it's relevant in this conversation. He was sacked.we were talking about a team releasing a player they just signed, before he played a game, and who didnt do anything wrong and get sacked ok. Hth