Official Dean Pay extends his contract with the Bulldogs by another 12 months.

SKY-DOG

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Well I guess it could be worse, I just imagined waking up and seeing a thread
Bulldogs extend Foran’s contract for another 1.2 million 12 month deal.
Now that would be truely fucked up.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well I guess it could be worse, I just imagined waking up and seeing a thread
Bulldogs extend Foran’s contract for another 1.2 million 12 month deal.
Now that would be truely fucked up.
There's still time!

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
12 month extension is fine. That takes us through until we are free of salary cap restrictions so the dogs power brokers are controlling the whole regeneration. Hurts at moment because we are literally carrying five 1st graders and the rest are on the gravy train until we can flush them. Lichaa is a prime example. How he managed to play more than 1 1st grade game is beyond me. Anyway this year and next year is like prison time to me. Excruciating but nothing we can do about it.

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
There's still time!
"O gods! Who is't can say 'I am at the worst'?
I am worse than e'er I was.
And worse I may be yet; the worst is not
So long as we can say 'This is the worst.'"
- Shakespeare, from King Lear

In short, yep ... the worst is always yet to come!

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
At what point do players take personal responsibility for their individual performance?
For drop balls / miss tackles and shit like that

For endurance, game plan, bench rotation, playing players out of position it’s the coaching staff.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
"O gods! Who is't can say 'I am at the worst'?
I am worse than e'er I was.
And worse I may be yet; the worst is not
So long as we can say 'This is the worst.'"
- Shakespeare, from King Lear

In short, yep ... the worst is always yet to come!
Nice...I was more of a Othello man myself.. Des was Iago..

2thebone

Waterboy
Reaction score
I don’t think rewarding a coach who’s KPIs read less than 30% win rate is the correct decision.

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He said there is not a coach in the world who could do more with this team. I think he is correct.
Pay has been saddled with a below par roster. He has to work with what he has.
There will be money available next year, and with a clean out, some new talent should be coming.
Show some faith.
Thanks for that. It’s good enough for me. Some Kennelers are better judges than the 8th Immortal though, of course.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im with u on this one indian dog.
Time is up for pay. He lacks what it takes with even the simplest fundamentals of coaching.
Hes a decent bloke. And got dna bullshit and all that. Prob still be a good juniors coach. I rated him and was willing to give him plenty of time. But i have seen enough. Crazy decision.

Now im very fucking worried what pay and anderson will spend all this cap money on when they go shopping.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for that. It’s good enough for me. Some Kennelers are better judges than the 8th Immortal though, of course.
I think most of us are better than that drunken drug, taking little fuck.
Too many concussions for him cause u can not tell me, bellamy, bennet and quite a few others could not do a better job with this squad than pay, then pigs can fly !
Going on for 3 weeks about mary playing widdop at fullback forgetting only 5 months ago he badly dislocated his shoulder. Stupid fucking johns

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well seems the board has faith must be something afoot re future signings wait and see I suppose

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think most of us are better than that drunken drug, taking little fuck.
Too many concussions for him cause u can not tell me, bellamy, bennet and quite a few others could not do a better job with this squad than pay, then pigs can fly !
Going on for 3 weeks about mary playing widdop at fullback forgetting only 5 months ago he badly dislocated his shoulder. Stupid fucking johns
If you say so!

gee333

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I am not sure how I feel about this, but wonder if the club is looking toward Newcastle transtion from Bennet to Brown as a case study... Its pretty similar sequence of events so far - replace big name coach who fucked the club with someone less regarded, perhaps a good man manager, stick to the plan (which lets be honest, none of us are close enough to really know) and play the long game with regards to talent/roster. The Knights are now coming through the other side, and maybe they wont win a comp, but their roster is good - now Brown has no excuse but to perform, and if not, they can still attract a great coach and better players... Some might disagree, but I am simply throqing out a thought/suggestion as to what the admin may be strategising...

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’ve no problem with this decision.
Deserves a shot to shape the team before being judged on its performances.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
That's why most of us were patient last year and gave Pay the benefit of the doubt.

But how many write off, losing seasons do we put up with before that's not an excuse or good enough any more?

You can still have an average squad and be competitive. That's what good coaches do.

Starting off the year with a full strength squad with no injuries, an offseason of training and working on combinations by getting thrashed by two middle of the table teams is alarming.

It's one thing to get thrashed in the middle of a gruelling season but to start off the year that way means something isn't right at the club or within the playing group..

Again, they don't have to fire the guy, but extending him after that bad a start is bizarre.
The squad we have is not average. It’s way below average. And next year will be pretty much the same. 2021 is when we will start to be a top 8 team again

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
all i expected was a better performance in comparison to last year.

all the rookies stood up in the last few games of the last season.

Every single player from last year has gone back wards, every single one of them. tell me who is responsible?
Too easy to prove you wrong, I think Foran is better than he was last year.

Go Dogs

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
When we first bought Pay and he gave all those speeches( same ones he still dribbles about now), i got excited for change. He had the so called DNA, hr was here in early 90s and saw what club was about. I bouhht into all that.
But from what i have seen from him since he has been in the job, i hate him with a passion. No game plans, poor recruitment, very poor selections.
I feel he is nothing more than a puppet and the fall guy for the club.
Doesnt make logical sense to extend his contract 2 wesks into season after 76 point drubbing. But only thing i can think of is that the board knows we dont have all that much cash to spend, not many superstars available anyway end of this year, and/or right coach isnt available so they might as well keep Pay for 1 more year...

1 thing i hate about Pay is his inability to promote youngsters on merit alone. Lewis, Smith, Meaney, Okenbur, Martin, Ogden, Toomaga all were given opportunities because of Injuries or massive losses. JMK Elliot Lichaa Montoya Holland get 5.million chances over and over while these youngsters sat in reserves.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
1 thing i hate about Pay is his inability to promote youngsters on merit alone. Lewis, Smith, Meaney, Okenbur, Martin, Ogden, Toomaga all were given opportunities because of Injuries or massive losses. JMK Elliot Lichaa Montoya Holland get 5.million chances over and over while these youngsters sat in reserves.
That makes no sense, the players you named all earnt any promotions they got by their own efforts. Their commitment to training, quality of play, overall attitude and dedication earned them the right to be picked whenever the opportunity arose. Whether that was through injury, suspension or other factors is completely irrelevant. What is important is what they do once they are given the chance. Some take the opportunity with both hands and prove themselves, others drop the ball (sic) and fall by the wayside.

Go Dogs