Official Dean Pay extends his contract with the Bulldogs by another 12 months.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don’t know what to say.. however if it’s done it’s done..!! All I can do is support my great bulldogs club through this bad time, weather I agree with this decision or not.

Good luck pay.. your going to need it!

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Worst start in 50 years gets rewarded?
Concentrate on Sunday

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'm so pissed off. This is so unnecessary, just as Des' last extension was!

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
We keep assessing this side on the coaches ability to show their skills - but it takes time to gel a team and develop skill through lots of experience. If the board has insights into what is being done in a detailed way and where its going in a detailed way, then you have to applaud them for calling what they are seeing beyond what we or the media see.

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Why?

Pay is not the answer. Our rebuild has now been put back another 2 years.

We will not make the finals under Pay. He is not a first grade quality coach. His pressers are dreadful. He sounds like a country hack that should be coaching a group 6 club.

I was all for this board when they came in. But have they actually achieved anything? All I hear are the excuses from the previous rabble.

Anyway expectations are very low for the rest of this season. Hopefully I’ll get a weekend or two of joy this year.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
the media was circling around making speculations about pay so this is a good move to shut them up

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Why?

Pay is not the answer. Our rebuild has now been put back another 2 years.

We will not make the finals under Pay. He is not a first grade quality coach. His pressers are dreadful. He sounds like a country hack that should be coaching a group 6 club.

I was all for this board when they came in. But have they actually achieved anything? All I hear are the excuses from the previous rabble.

Anyway expectations are very low for the rest of this season. Hopefully I’ll get a weekend or two of joy this year.
You can't judge the rebuild until 2021.
We wouldn't make the finals under any coach, let alone who's available.
If you had high expectations going into this season you're either miss informed or delusional, which is okay if you're a fan.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If people can’t see that we are in this mess because of the previous administration and coach then you guys need medication

yes we are in a mess, but this is Pays second year as the coach.

what has he done in the off season to improve the teams performance.

just tell me one improvement.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
You can't judge the rebuild until 2021.
We wouldn't make the finals under any coach, let alone who's available.
If you had high expectations going into this season you're either miss informed or delusional, which is okay if you're a fan.
all i expected was a better performance in comparison to last year.

all the rookies stood up in the last few games of the last season.

Every single player from last year has gone back wards, every single one of them. tell me who is responsible?

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The old boaed ferked up trying to win a GF

The current board are f#@king up doing what exactly??

This is weak desicion, they need to give out a bit of this medicine!... Lol

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
all i expected was a better performance in comparison to last year.

all the rookies stood up in the last few games of the last season.

Every single player from last year has gone back wards, every single one of them. tell me who is responsible?
I sort of get where you're coming from. We were competitive in a lot of games last year. We still finished 12th, tied with 2 teams. Most of our wins were towards the back end of the season when we were out of contention for the finals anyways. You need to remember we've lost the Morris brothers and Klemmer. That's a lot of experience gone. The only thing I'm not happy with is some of the signings, but I also don't know who was available and the conversations between Pay and the Board. We don't have enough talent across the park, there are too many average or not good enough players, I don't blame them or Pay. I expect us to compete with Sea Eagles and Titans, but outside that any win is a bonus for me this season. It's going to be a painful 2 years, I don't know the answer you're looking for.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
even the ABC grand stand commentary team were discussing this news and scratching their heads tonight.

us fans are not the only one find this mind boggling.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
even the ABC grand stand commentary team were discussing this news and scratching their heads tonight.

us fans are not the only one find this mind boggling.
You should listen to what Andrew Johns said after the Roosters and Eels game tonight, basically spot on.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I sort of get where you're coming from. We were competitive in a lot of games last year. We still finished 12th, tied with 2 teams. Most of our wins were towards the back end of the season when we were out of contention for the finals anyways. You need to remember we've lost the Morris brothers and Klemmer. That's a lot of experience gone. The only thing I'm not happy with is some of the signings, but I also don't know who was available and the conversations between Pay and the Board. We don't have enough talent across the park, there are too many average or not good enough players, I don't blame them or Pay. I expect us to compete with Sea Eagles and Titans, but outside that any win is a bonus for me this season.

Klemmer did not play in 2 of the 4 games we won in the last 5 games of the season.

Morris boys played the whole year and yet we lost. We only started winning when Lewis and Rhys Martin were introduced and that too was by chance.

We also did not have the services of our most expensive player in the roster and also our play maker in Foran, so where we lost Morris boy we gained Foran

where we lost klemmer, we gained Nappa. Cant ask for more for what he is producing.

Pay is responsible for making the roster healthier, fitter, and improve on previous years performance. he has failed in all departments.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
WTF, worst start we have had in half a century and the bloke gets rewarded, what stupid message are they (the board) trying to send to the rest of the club? Let's fucking face it, we are now a club of mediocrity, we don't belong with the big boys, it's a shame because we should be up there every year, I don't expect to win every game but fuck me we have been absolutely awful the first two rounds. Im sick and tired of people getting a free ride at our club due to their history with us, history is history, leave it in the past, Pay was never qualified for the job, the bloke can't even play players in their right position.

I will cop a lot of shit for this but fuck me it needs to be said.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Klemmer did not play in 2 of the 4 games we won in the last 5 games of the season.

Morris boys played the whole year and yet we lost. We only started winning when Lewis and Rhys Martin were introduced and that too was by chance.

We also did not have the services of our most expensive player in the roster and also our play maker in Foran, so where we lost Morris boy we gained Foran

where we lost klemmer, we gained Nappa. Cant ask for more for what he is producing.

Pay is responsible for making the roster healthier, fitter, and improve on previous years performance. he has failed in all departments.
I don't agree with you about the squad not being healthy and fit. I think this is something you've made up. No coach in the world can do what you want. If you aren't going to accept this is the situation we're in and there's no getting out of it for 1-2 years then you're going to be really miserable watching on.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't agree with you about the squad not being healthy and fit. I think this is something you've made up. No coach in the world can do what you want. If you aren't going to accept this is the situation we're in and there's no getting out of it for 1-2 years then you're going to be really miserable watching on.

ok did you watch the game against Eels last week?

after the first 30 minutes , all the possession was with Dogs, Eels were doing all the tackling, but Dogs were gassed and tired. once Eels went on a roll there was no stopping from there. Dogs just got worst and worst.

Whose responsibility is it to keep the fit as per the NRL first grade standards?

Under Des we were already an unfit team but our players used to get tired due to the defensive game plan that was around making tackles after tackles. Under pay we look even worse when our players are not even doing the tackling.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The board moved swiftly because they are more worried about being liked than results on the footy field

1. Klemmer sure have a release we are sorry for the inconvenience good sir
2. Mad Monday we are sorry NRL please bend us over
3. Shit refs calls , Sorry Sutton brothers please continue to cost us games
4. Media , it’s ok information is inaccurate and paints us in a bad light but hey
5. Shit coach, hey mister 8/24 and 0-2 to start the season -76 how about we give you 12 more months because we don’t give a shit about our fans
6. Late jersey drop- oh it’s ok fans will understand

Fk this board
It’s post like these that are injustices by only one reaction :tearsofjoy: this one needs a like, love, best post, agree and funny all in one :p lol

But totally agree. We are run by soft cocks and our performances are of soft cocks on and off the field.