Official Dean Pay extends his contract with the Bulldogs by another 12 months.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully there is a wooden spoon or performance clause

stinkypinky

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It’s ok I am all for pay to get a chance in coaching the doggies you never know he might attract Cotric or Rapana or Sezer to the club I am on the pay train

Wholetthedogsout

Waterboy
Reaction score
Wow, heeeellllooo haters. Do people only jump on the band wagon when their team is winning. I actually say support them while they are losing if you are a true fan. Well done to the board and Dean Pay. How can you actually focus on a job when there is all this chatter about you getting sacked, especially when it is no fault of your own. We need stability and calm. You know most of these players are in their early twenties, and I for one think this coach is a good one. Give the coach and the players a break and give them some encouragement and get behind them. Go dogs!

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because the club know better than anyone what a mess pay was given. We could finish the season last and the driving factor would be our lack of experience and being short two or three big name players. Nathan brown is a great example to look at. He was given faith by Newcastle and is starting to build quite a good roster instead of being judged on his early years when he had a shocking roster.
And they have lost 2/3 after 3 wooden spoons and a shit season last year

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I do even need to read this thread to hear the meltdown!!!!
To be fair it's one year. He deserves this much. No coach can make miracles happen.
We have the worst record in the league 2 rounds in, and we are only 2 rounds in....... why does he deserve anything right now?

A paid prostitute would make you work slightly harder for it than the club just made Pay work. He literally couldn't do worse.......... if we win a game, the guys gonna want a billion dollar upgrade.

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Because the club know better than anyone what a mess pay was given. We could finish the season last and the driving factor would be our lack of experience and being short two or three big name players. Nathan brown is a great example to look at. He was given faith by Newcastle and is starting to build quite a good roster instead of being judged on his early years when he had a shocking roster.
Newcastle's faith in Brown was conditional and transparent.
Brown contract wasn't tenure based but was entirely set on performance and objectives met. Same type of contract Canterbury originally wanted Hasler to sign in 2017.
Brown unlike Pay is a very good development coach and with John's help, he provides high-performance prospective.

Brown's first objective was to clean out the 2016 wooden spoon squad. He achieved this objective by only retaining eight squad players, promoting and signing very good young juniors and signing a few unwanted but useful first grade players. His second objective was to sign an experienced half and forward and finalize the spine by end 2018.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I won't be critical of this decision. The situation Pay walked into was very unstable. The players were being shopped around. The board made panicked moves aimed at being re-elected and it would have been hard to focus. When the dust settled the team finally fired to end the season. Living on a chopping block is a huge distraction for the players as much as Pay. We didn't perform until the pressure was off.

Hopefully Pay can settle the squad down and let them know that if he stays on beyond next year it will be on the back of their performance and that he'll reward those that earn it. Remind the youngsters that they're getting opportunities that wouldn't be there without the salary cap issues. And that it's their golden opportunity to prove they're good enough without having to wait for proven players to get injuries or to move on.

Mike Z

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You all talk about improvement from last year..
Are you serious? We have NOT got the same team.
This team is full of young players with little to no experience. Now we are the youngest team in the comp.
Last year was his first year where he got rid of the OVER PAID (yet experienced players) and replaced them with young cheap players and a few average at best to fix the cap. They are still paying a fair bit of some of the players released.
Now this year is just about building a culture... giving some of these young guyes to learn and get better and hopefully buy 2 to 3 players over next 18 months in key positions. A 6 to replace foran who is on a million so we have that to spend on a marquee player. A 9 and a good centre. AND By then we have a team you can judge him.
If you thinking we are a team that can make the 8 then your not understanding the true situation. This year is not about winning or losing hence they shut everyone up so pay is not mentioned in media which would cause more issues. It shuts up haters like Ennis cause PAY WONT GET SACKED infact he has got an extension.
Well done BOARD AND CEO
GREAT DECISION

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
WTF!
Knew the board were old and out of touch but this confirms they are

Non compos mentis

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The previous board paid the price for doing absolutely nothing right... Des was the cherry on top..
You're so anti-Des and the previous board that you won't accept all the wrongdoings the current management are digging us into.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We're the arse end of every joke for a reason within the NRL community, this re-signing just confirms it.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Oh dear....with this news, I think Marley will last about 2hrs before he gets another ban.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
You're so anti-Des and the previous board that you won't accept all the wrongdoings the current management are digging us into.
No, actually its you that can't accept that the previous mob was given a fantastic club and turned it into a steaming pile of shit.. this mob got given a steaming pile of shit and it's going to take a very long time to restore it to it's former glory.. and they may not be the right people to do the job, but I reckon anybody would struggle in this position.. the problem in society these days, is a lack of patience..

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Wow, heeeellllooo haters. Do people only jump on the band wagon when their team is winning. I actually say support them while they are losing if you are a true fan. Well done to the board and Dean Pay. How can you actually focus on a job when there is all this chatter about you getting sacked, especially when it is no fault of your own. We need stability and calm. You know most of these players are in their early twenties, and I for one think this coach is a good one. Give the coach and the players a break and give them some encouragement and get behind them. Go dogs!
Always one wanker questioning people's loyalty.

We are on a Bulldogs forum on the net, I doubt any regular members on here are just on the bandwagon. We have been rubbish for years and we are still here.

Drop your holier-than-thou bullshit champ.