Official Dean Pay extends his contract with the Bulldogs by another 12 months.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs have extended the contract of Head Coach Dean Pay by a further 12 months taking him through until the end of the 2020 season.

Bulldogs Chief Executive Andrew Hill saw the extension of Pay's contract as an important part of the club's plan moving forward :

"The Bulldogs are a club that absolutely believes in supporting our people to be the best they can be. We believe it is important to give Dean the backing to lead our young squad forward. Our role as a club is to provide Dean with the best possible environment to succeed. By extending his contract we are showing the faith in him that is a crucial part of that process. We are a strong and united club looking to lay the platform for future success and Dean's extension is part of our overall plan moving forward."

"The NRL is generally not a patient sport, but that said, some things simply take time. Giving a coach only 12 months with an inherited squad and several challenges was not an option for the current Board and Management. We support our people and believe in Dean's ability and want to provide him with the best environment to succeed."

Chair Lynne Anderson also spoke about the club's desire to extend Dean's contract :

"We are a united board with a great deal of football experience and it is during times like this that you draw upon that football experience. The Board was unanimous in wanting to extend Dean's contract and to show our support for him. Last year Dean inherited a squad and a salary cap situation that were not of his making, and we believe it would be unfair to judge him on that. He now gets the chance to shape the future of our football team in his own way.

We very much wanted to give him the opportunity to do that and to show our faith in him."

Former Bulldogs captain and current Board Member Steve Price also backed the decision to extend Pay's contract :

"We have great faith in Dean going forward and know that he is a strong leader and the right man to coach our football club. We strongly believe in what Dean is building and his ability to lead this young squad in the right direction.

Stability and respect have been integral characteristics of the Bulldogs success over the years and that is the platform we'd like to lay for Dean going forward.

This is what the foundations of our great club have been built on over the years."

Dean Pay spoke of his excitement for the future of the club:

"I'd firstly like to thank the Board for the faith that they have shown in me and I'm genuinely excited about the future of this club. We have a young squad that has great potential and anything we achieve in the future will be based on the simple principles of hard work and togetherness. This is a proud club with an incredibly passionate supporter base and I want us to play the type of football that brings them the success that they deserve."

Feendogz

Observant
Reaction score
DEAN PAY EXTENDS HIS CONTRACT WITH THE BULLDOGS BY A FURTHER 12 MONTHS
The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs have extended the contract of Head Coach Dean Pay by a further 12 months taking him through until the end of the 2020 season.

Bulldogs Chief Executive Andrew Hill saw the extension of Pay's contract as an important part of the club's plan moving forward :

"The Bulldogs are a club that absolutely believes in supporting our people to be the best they can be. We believe it is important to give Dean the backing to lead our young squad forward. Our role as a club is to provide Dean with the best possible environment to succeed. By extending his contract we are showing the faith in him that is a crucial part of that process. We are a strong and united club looking to lay the platform for future success and Dean's extension is part of our overall plan moving forward."

"The NRL is generally not a patient sport, but that said, some things simply take time. Giving a coach only 12 months with an inherited squad and several challenges was not an option for the current Board and Management. We support our people and believe in Dean's ability and want to provide him with the best environment to succeed."

Chair Lynne Anderson also spoke about the club's desire to extend Dean's contract :

"We are a united board with a great deal of football experience and it is during times like this that you draw upon that football experience. The Board was unanimous in wanting to extend Dean's contract and to show our support for him. Last year Dean inherited a squad and a salary cap situation that were not of his making, and we believe it would be unfair to judge him on that. He now gets the chance to shape the future of our football team in his own way.

We very much wanted to give him the opportunity to do that and to show our faith in him."

Former Bulldogs captain and current Board Member Steve Price also backed the decision to extend Pay's contract :

"We have great faith in Dean going forward and know that he is a strong leader and the right man to coach our football club. We strongly believe in what Dean is building and his ability to lead this young squad in the right direction.

Stability and respect have been integral characteristics of the Bulldogs success over the years and that is the platform we'd like to lay for Dean going forward.

This is what the foundations of our great club have been built on over the years."

Dean Pay spoke of his excitement for the future of the club:

"I'd firstly like to thank the Board for the faith that they have shown in me and I'm genuinely excited about the future of this club. We have a young squad that has great potential and anything we achieve in the future will be based on the simple principles of hard work and togetherness. This is a proud club with an incredibly passionate supporter base and I want us to play the type of football that brings them the success that they deserve."

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Extending Pay for another 2 years this early in the season after 2 terrible results is rediculous..
Only an extra year on what he already has which I think is fair. Like they said still sorting the cap mess out so gives him a chance with the squad he wants and hopefully the ability to sign some players for next season

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The previous board payed the price for being to loyal to Des...

If Pay proves to be a flop the current board will also pay the price at the next election..

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Honestly why? Our style of football isn’t innovative or exciting. I was hoping he would prove his worth by season’s end.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Only an extra year on what he already has which I think is fair. Like they said still sorting the cap mess out so gives him a chance with the squad he wants and hopefully the ability to sign some players for next season
I understand all that.. still think its too early this year.. 2 games in and we're playing worse than last year..

I would have thought extending the coaches contract is not priority for the club at this moment..

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The club extended Dessie’s contract too. A contract won’t mean much if the team continues to perform as they have.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I understand that he deserves some benefit of the doubt with what he inherited, but could have waited a few more rounds to at least see some improvement...

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't know if this is the best move, but time will tell... Maybe they are seeing something we can't.. or maybe they know no decent coach will consider coaching this side for the foreseeable future and need to pass time

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Wow.... waaaay too early to be doing this.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only time will tell whether this is is the right move.

Definitely not right for the time though.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I see both sides, it clearly is unfair for Pay to take blame for the cap such a fucking mess and issues.

That said they are clearly clear of that now with everyone that’s gone.

I think see how this year panned out before offering next year a deal. The reality is as bad as our roster is this shit getting dished up isn’t worth extending From roster, staff, coach the works.

If they turn it around and put in a competitive season then fair enough. Though spoon material isn’t acceptable by anyone and makes me really really doubt the board for the first time.