Meh let’s just play all our home games away, raelene style

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Play a few more games at Belmore FFS
No way.

Place is a shithole, facilities sub par and the surrounding infrastructure is inadequate. Good luck trying to find parking without arriving to the game at least 2 hours early.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
No way.

Place is a shithole, facilities sub par and the surrounding infrastructure is inadequate. Good luck trying to find parking without arriving to the game at least 2 hours early.
And we get pumped there time after time. It was nice that one time we beat Melbourne but yeah nah it's 2019 not 1985.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why don't we play at Sydney Showgrounds / Spotless Stadium? Sure it's normally an AFL ground but it's at SOPA too.

That said Parra is heaps closer to my place.
It was a terrible place to watch us play in 2001 and it will still be terrible if we went back there.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Eels really lucked out with the Wanderers coming into the comp.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL @ Souths moving their games even further away from Redfern.

I am a fan of us playing out of the new stadium, closer to home for me too Mr. I and the facilities should be awesome.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So they are not knocking down anz anymore? Spewing

Will the refurbishment look just as good?

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It was a terrible place to watch us play in 2001 and it will still be terrible if we went back there.

I would love for the club to purchase that ground knock it down and build our own little rectangular stadium

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

I would love for the club to purchase that ground knock it down and build our own little rectangular stadium

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
No way.

Cry me a river

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fuck people are lazy and spoilt these days

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe they should consider a new complex somewhere like Liverpool for example, & perhaps name it "OASIS"......

HaceDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Why don't we play at Sydney Showgrounds / Spotless Stadium? Sure it's normally an AFL ground but it's at SOPA too.

That said Parra is heaps closer to my place.
No thanks. That is the worst stadium. Field is 50 metres from the stands.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
So they are not knocking down anz anymore? Spewing
Will the refurbishment look just as good?
The changes announced today still involve a substantial change to the ground and seating layout. It reflects that belief that they didn't need to "knock down and start again from scratch" to achieve the desired result. The refurb plan is still to make it into a "square stadium" more simply by adding seats that extend from the current oval shape to the League, Union, Soccer sidelines. Although it sounds simple it requires extensive work on the current roll out sections as well as changing the seating height profile from them backwards. This reduces the distance to the sidelines extensively, for example my seat in Section 107 will be only half the distance from the sidelines that it is now. Which is similar to what it was sitting next to the players box at Belmore back when. What they are doing (compare to the previous knock down plan) is to leave the oval shaped seating in the upper deck as well as the oval shaped roof (where the big bucks were).

Go Dogs

WFC03

Waterboy
Reaction score
ANZ is good when its something like a GF but when its 5:30 on a Saturday night in the middle of winter with 8000 crowd its a terrible place to watch footy.
It doesn’t matter the crowd (although if there were more loyal supporters rather than bandwagon jumpers we should get 20-25k a week). All that matters is every game we play there we make money. We can have 2 people there and walk away with a nice pay day.
Compare that to every team that plays out of a suburban ground and cannot turn a profit even when they get 10-15k crowds. I would rather play at anz be comfortable with ample parking and plenty of food stalls and toilets under cover and anz is getting redeveloped starting the end of this year to a rectangular stadium. Can’t wait

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Please just knock ANZ down and let us play out of Bankwest long term. It looks like a cracking stadium and ANZ is a POS that should not exist anymore.