Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

Should the bulldogs make Reynolds priority number one target for 2022?

• Total voters

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Can't we just take some stem cells from Kerrod Holland and grow a Kerrod Holland clone, calling it Kerrod Hallond.
BAM, premiership window opened

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So let’s look at a realistic team of 2020.
1 Meaney
2 reimis
3 LOMAX
4 Holland
6 Lewis
7 DYLAN BROWN
8 Tolman
9 JAMES ROBY
10 Napa big papi
11 Elliott
12 CnH
13 josh Jackson
-
14 Rhyse Martin
15 ENGLISH FORWARD
16 mariner
17 whoever

All of a sudden this looks like a quality team with just a few tweaks in recruitment.
That team is terrible nasheed. Still elliot, holland. I dont know about english forward he sounds like a car. Lol

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
nasheed here, the guy in everyone’s lips.

Everyone on this forum is in agreeance that centre is a weak point for this team atm.

I personally feel Hoppa is a decent choice for centre to partner Holland, but if we are serious about being a contender in 2020, or even this year we absolutely need a strike weapon in the centre three quarter position. Hoppa will be ok, just ok, but all our team is simply ‘ok’ and every team, let alone a successful one, needs a few strike weapons to offset their ok players. Most teams carry a few weapons, a few ok ones and 1 or 2 rookies or duds. Whereas we have 80% ok players and 30% rookie/duds. Our ceiling is for potential is low.

It is too much pressure to ask Holland to do it all by himself in the backline.

My question is who can we target in this key strike position? I can’t find a list of off contract players for next year so I’ll go with another angle.

Let’s look at teams that have depth in the centres and look to get a piece of that action.

Teams with a surplus of backs will both let a good experienced player leave knowing they have junior talent coming up, or likewise let a young gun go knowing they have a solid centre pairing already and not to restrict them.

I personally prefer some experience as we are full of rookies.

Off the top of my head;

Parra- they have an ageing roster and I feel we could nab Jennings, if we want him!? Discuss.

Souths- last year they had two first grade teams worth of backs, but I have a feeling other teams swooped in and they aren’t as solid this year.

St George- before last night they had Lomax, dufty and Aitken battling out for two spots. Widdop is injures so that may have settled that unfortunately, if not and Widdop is back soon, we must throw the book at Lomax, big and strong and rising, he is exactly what we need! Wouldn’t mind aitken either for his attack.

Penrith - they always have a few strike weapons on the periphery.

Anyone else have some ideas?
Nasheed.
Hi Nasheed, Scooby here!!

Reactions: K E

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1 Meaney
2 reimis
3 LOMAX
4 Holland
6 Lewis
7 DYLAN BROWN
8 Tolman
9 JAMES ROBY
10 Napa big papi
11 Elliott
12 CnH
13 josh Jackson
-
14 Rhyse Martin
15 ENGLISH FORWARD
16 mariner
17 whoever

All of a sudden this looks like a quality team with just a few tweaks in recruitment.
And man u made the thread about outside backs and only picked one winger wtf lol. I know u rate holland but u did not even give him a wing partner lol

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Personally I'm of the belief that Hopoate is a better centre than Holland. So that kills you argument entirely, if Holland is good enough for you then surely Hopoate is better than good enough. I'd cross StGeorge off your list since Widdop is going home at the end of the season.

I really don't see much in the way of gun centres with contracts ending this year; being Mitchell Aubusson, Javid Bowen, Gavin Cooper, Sosaia Feki, Mahe Fonua, Luke Garner, Aaron Gray, Hymel Hunt, George Jennings, Solomone Kata, Richie Kennar, Chris Lawrence, Brenko Lee, Brayden McGrady, Justin O'Neill, Brad Parker, Moses Suli, Brad Takairangi, Joel Thompson, Enari Tuala and Dylan Walker.

Go Dogs

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Nasheed talks about himself in the third person more than Anthony Mundine ever did.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
And man u made the thread about outside backs and only picked one winger wtf lol. I know u rate holland but u did not even give him a wing partner lol
Gotta love Nasheed Though, he’s a legend lol.. !!!

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
nasheed here, the guy in everyone’s lips.

Everyone on this forum is in agreeance that centre is a weak point for this team atm.

I personally feel Hoppa is a decent choice for centre to partner Holland, but if we are serious about being a contender in 2020, or even this year we absolutely need a strike weapon in the centre three quarter position. Hoppa will be ok, just ok, but all our team is simply ‘ok’ and every team, let alone a successful one, needs a few strike weapons to offset their ok players. Most teams carry a few weapons, a few ok ones and 1 or 2 rookies or duds. Whereas we have 80% ok players and 30% rookie/duds. Our ceiling is for potential is low.

It is too much pressure to ask Holland to do it all by himself in the backline.

My question is who can we target in this key strike position? I can’t find a list of off contract players for next year so I’ll go with another angle.

Let’s look at teams that have depth in the centres and look to get a piece of that action.

Teams with a surplus of backs will both let a good experienced player leave knowing they have junior talent coming up, or likewise let a young gun go knowing they have a solid centre pairing already and not to restrict them.

I personally prefer some experience as we are full of rookies.

Off the top of my head;

Parra- they have an ageing roster and I feel we could nab Jennings, if we want him!? Discuss.

Souths- last year they had two first grade teams worth of backs, but I have a feeling other teams swooped in and they aren’t as solid this year.

St George- before last night they had Lomax, dufty and Aitken battling out for two spots. Widdop is injures so that may have settled that unfortunately, if not and Widdop is back soon, we must throw the book at Lomax, big and strong and rising, he is exactly what we need! Wouldn’t mind aitken either for his attack.

Penrith - they always have a few strike weapons on the periphery.

Anyone else have some ideas?
Nasheed.
I happen to love the fact that we have (80% + 30% =) 110% of players so we really should be dominating whether they are just okay or duds given we have an extra 10% over the opposition. Sadly we are dominating nothing.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personally I'm of the belief that Hopoate is a better centre than Holland. So that kills you argument entirely, if Holland is good enough for you then surely Hopoate is better than good enough. I'd cross StGeorge off your list since Widdop is going home at the end of the season.

I really don't see much in the way of gun centres with contracts ending this year; being Mitchell Aubusson, Javid Bowen, Gavin Cooper, Sosaia Feki, Mahe Fonua, Luke Garner, Aaron Gray, Hymel Hunt, George Jennings, Solomone Kata, Richie Kennar, Chris Lawrence, Brenko Lee, Brayden McGrady, Justin O'Neill, Brad Parker, Moses Suli, Brad Takairangi, Joel Thompson, Enari Tuala and Dylan Walker.

Go Dogs
Turbo nasheed would play holland at prop to fit him into the side. He just loves him

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lol...Nasheeds love fest continues. Holland is our biggest issue in defence no matter how many loads you blow over him everyday.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Every try we have conceded this season already (there’s been plenty) have all come from the edge (except one)

Pay needs to address this else we will get lapped every week

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Dylan Brown isn't realistic or what we need
Established players off contract that aren't old are Oates, Gutherson and Koroisau
If we could get 2 of these 3 and a young player it'd be a good transfer window
Address centre going into 2021

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
1 Meaney
2 reimis
3 LOMAX
4 Holland
6 Lewis
7 DYLAN BROWN
8 Tolman
9 JAMES ROBY
10 Napa big papi
11 Elliott
12 CnH
13 josh Jackson
-
14 Rhyse Martin
15 ENGLISH FORWARD
16 mariner
17 whoever

Agree on James Roby. Dude is old but he's in that upper echelon that age don't matter. Would be awesome to have him mentor Robson or Brailey

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I happen to love the fact that we have (80% + 30% =) 110% of players so we really should be dominating whether they are just okay or duds given we have an extra 10% over the opposition. Sadly we are dominating nothing.
Hi Taboo, K E over there. I agree with your post 106.2%

This is K E.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1 Meaney
2 reimis
3 LOMAX
4 Holland
6 Lewis
7 DYLAN BROWN
8 Tolman
9 JAMES ROBY
10 Napa big papi
11 Elliott
12 CnH
13 josh Jackson
-
14 Rhyse Martin
15 ENGLISH FORWARD
16 mariner
17 whoever

Clever recruitment tweaks which are so good that we no longer need a right side winger?
Is that because Holland is carrying the team anyway?

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

Go Dogs
If that's what's available then we are up shit creek next year too. None of those are players are worth buying. I'd rather we struggle and promote some young ones and find our own superstar then waste money on avge players from other clubs