Opinion If pay gets the flick which coach would you like to coach the bulldogs ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone reackon James graham could be a good coach? Or have some mentor type coaching role? I really love his attitude about stop being pussy pc ***** and get on with it and being totally against that politics that’s infiltrated the game. I know that great mentality doesn’t equal a great coach but yeah would love him around the boys
The players may struggle understanding his pre-match speeches.

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where do I start, let's see, jumped ship from Canberra leaving them in the lurch, sacked from the Cowboys then sacked from the Titans. Even with Thurston (and a solid team around him) at the Cowboys he still had a losing record. Whilst at the Raiders he was named as Coach of the Year in 2008, based on them finishing 6th with a team that everyone underrated. Lasted one season with the Dreamtime team and was replaced, then lasted one season with the Indigenous All Stars and was replaced. Not exactly a record I'm all that impressed with.

Go Dogs
Not to mention getting intimately involved with certain players family members and the issues that caused.......

headless

Waterboy
Reaction score
Don’t forget pays only got some second rate first graders give pay till the season end. Just to see our style of play. He enforced

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Georgallis or Dymock..
Not sure why everyone keeps talking about georgallis he's a trainer at best and doesn't sound to smart and dymock is too green...we need someone with experience and a good record.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Is Emilio Estevez available? He did a great job with the Mighty Ducks!
Emiliooooo. He couldn't do much worse. Gordon Bombay was a tactical genius!

Quack, quack, quack, quack, quack...

Either him or John Candy from Cool Runnings. I see pride, I see power...

Or Coach Carter... He had that old school mentality we need!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
How about we just ride through the storm with Pay for now? Do we really think that we'd get someone decent in mid-season? I wouldn't take anyone at this stage, nor should we be speaking about it.
I'd let Pay see out the year and see if he can work his way out of the hole. He is off contract at the end of the season and if its going pear shaped mid year we sign a new coach for 2020.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If dean pay is gone by the seasons end i would look to get Terry Lamb as coach for next year. He used to coach the Bankstown Bulls who at the time had ben barba playing for them. Knows the culture, knows the dna. Knows our issues. why not

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If dean pay is gone by the seasons end i would look to get Terry Lamb as coach for next year. He used to coach the Bankstown Bulls who at the time had ben barba playing for them. Knows the culture, knows the dna. Knows our issues. why not
BAA IS A SHIT COACH!! a nice Bloke but a SHIT coach.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Who ever it is, the board needs to get it right. We'll have a high turnover of players at the end of 2020 and if the recruitment and retention is fucked up it'll be another few years of under performance.
I'd want the club to look at Holbrook or O'Brien with someone like Anthony Griffin / Michael Hagan as an advisor.
Young coach on the up paired with an old head to make sure the recruitment and retention of players is done right.
Also needs to be considered that players will need to want to come to come to the club to play for the coach.

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Emiliooooo. He couldn't do much worse. Gordon Bombay was a tactical genius!

Quack, quack, quack, quack, quack...

Either him or John Candy from Cool Runnings. I see pride, I see power...

Or Coach Carter... He had that old school mentality we need!
Coach Riley was a hard arse, maybe he's looking for a gig?

And as for players, we need a star - can Adam Banks play league?

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Also needs to be considered that players will need to want to come to come to the club to play for the coach.
I don't think so, not anymore anyway. Take Newcastle for example, shit coach with a piss poor record, but the players still go there. A couple for geography reasons obviously, Ramien and Klemmer, but the rest of the signings just took the money on offer and went there. Who's coaching, they don't really care, as long as he's not a dickhead of course.

Go Dogs

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why can’t the Kennel be the coach
We could vote on the team each week and appoint the on field coach from a select few

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Barba played for the Bulls cause he was to old for 20's and not in the first grade team. Lamb didn't find Barba. I think Lamb is good to have around the club not as coach

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think so, not anymore anyway. Take Newcastle for example, shit coach with a piss poor record, but the players still go there. A couple for geography reasons obviously, Ramien and Klemmer, but the rest of the signings just took the money on offer and went there. Who's coaching, they don't really care, as long as he's not a dickhead of course.

Go Dogs
There's no doubt that money is a major contributing factor to where a player signs.
If we're relying on using money as the carrot to get players here, we'll be paying overs and our salary cap issues will continue.
We need to be able to offer the whole package, competitive team, good money, good coach, free kebabs etc.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now here is a thought, what about the storm assistant as coach with either slater or cronk as his assistant or in some capacity, i think someone like billy oh though he will never move to sydney would really help with our attack, even jt. I think we need someone by 2020 who will get the recruitment right when this money frees up. Everyone keeps saying wait to pay has a strong side, well unfortunately hes recruiting so far suggests that may never ever happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.