Opinion If pay gets the flick which coach would you like to coach the bulldogs ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
People are discussing who to replace Pay. Why. He does not have a top roster to train.
If the whole team was put on the open market, there would be takers for about 4 players.
The others would not be considered. So how can any coach win games with that sort of roster.
I would wait for the end of year clean out and see who can be recruited, and who is available.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Phil Gould ... would do wonders at this club and is an advocate of teams investing in juniors and development

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I'd like the walker bros to be given a go.
They are attack orientated and think outside the square.
Something different than the run of mill coaches
Attack is something we have been missing since Kevin Moore coached us.
Other than that Nielsen Henry is a good option or dymock.
Are they even still coaching after their Q Cup win (and State Championship flogging)?

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
LOL dymock ? even Cronulla chose an amateur who has zero coaching experience over Jimmy ...

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
LOL dymock ? even Cronulla chose an amateur who has zero coaching experience over Jimmy ...
The other way to look at it the Sharks chose a former player who did his long apprentice and bided his time as oppose to a former Dogs assistant

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Kimmorely has told a lot of close ones to him how keen he is if the position came avail
The highest he has coached is old under 20’s at the Tigers isn’t it? That’s a bit of a concern if he hasn’t coached any higher then that.

Wholetthedogsout

Waterboy
Reaction score
I actually think that people need to give Pay a break and give him a proper chance to do something before writing him off. Let him build a good team. If he has that good team and still isnt winning then thats when theres a problem. And you see alot of teams like that.

2thebone

Waterboy
Reaction score
Brian Smith if is still around. Very smart coach that took every team he had to a grand final

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I’ll throw one out of left field.

Cameron Smith. If he wants to play on for one more year then he could captain-coach and then take over full time.

I hate the bloke but if ever I have seen a coach in waiting he is it.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brian Smith if is still around. Very smart coach that took every team he had to a grand final
and lost those grand finals. Innovative coach but things always seemed to go pear shaped around year 3 or 4.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How about we just ride through the storm with Pay for now? Do we really think that we'd get someone decent in mid-season? I wouldn't take anyone at this stage, nor should we be speaking about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.