Brent Sherwin on the Fan

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What a great player he was back in the day. Our last great halfback. Can’t believe we don't use him as a halves coach.
He was great but deteriorated quite rapidly near the end of his career. Like realllll bad. I remember everyone wanting him off the field every time he took part.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Just made me even more depressed watching that interview and realising how far away we are from having players of that caliber again

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
His value to us was severely underrated imo.
This.
We were spooners the year before he took us to the semis. Just before that he did the same thing with Cronulla. He was incredible.

Don’t get me wrong Sherwins my favourite player and the fourth best half to have played the game after John’s, Thurston and Pearce but Kimmorley is a top ten half himself. Was very close to Sherwin, always gave it his all and didn’t have that much talent around him when he did it.

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He was great but deteriorated quite rapidly near the end of his career. Like realllll bad. I remember everyone wanting him off the field every time he took part.
He was also a woeful defender in his early days but he went away and worked hard on it and got better. If he was starting his career today, the Kennel would be screaming for him to be dropped or shipped off to Super League. He is a great example of a player who just needs some time in first grade to find his feet and be comfortable enough to own the team.

I hope we show patience with Meaney and Cogger and let them find their feet in the NRL. These guys aren't going to be picking up 3 Dally M points when they first start.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He was also a woeful defender in his early days but he went away and worked hard on it and got better. If he was starting his career today, the Kennel would be screaming for him to be dropped or shipped off to Super League. He is a great example of a player who just needs some time in first grade to find his feet and be comfortable enough to own the team.

I hope we show patience with Meaney and Cogger and let them find their feet in the NRL. These guys aren't going to be picking up 3 Dally M points when they first start.
I won’t comment on them coz I haven’t seen them play and went to the game Sunday and didn’t even watch it. Lol it’s too depressing. My childhood is filled with late 90’s early 00’s memories of the bulldogs. Anything less is disgraceful lol. Plus I’m actually over it coz of last year.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Totally agree, Shifty had the advantage of coming into a side with some hardened NRL players too. Unfortunately we don’t have anything close to that currently. It took him a good 3 years to cement himself as NRL player in a easier environment then youngsters coming into the team currently.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
What a great player he was back in the day. Our last great halfback. Can’t believe we don't use him as a halves coach.
Yeah watched it as well, wasnt long enough should of taken up the whole show. Shifty was terrific for us. Loved watching him play. Had everything you wanted in a half back. Good luck to him hope his trucking business does well. Thanks for the memories shifty

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Definitely right. Which is why I have hope for Lewis. Shifty was average for the first year or so and played fullback, off the bench, in reserves and then halfback...

But he worked incredibly hard on his game and became a great halfback. My hope is that Lewis has the same drive and determination and does likewise. But he needs better cattle around him and a hooker who can pass.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
What’s the fan

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Kimmorley was with us for 3 seasons and we made the finals once. He had 1 good season.
he only played 2 seasons for us and his 2009 overall was better than any Sherwin year, he was like terry lamb for us out there tbh

here he is watching us blow the minor premiership without him while planning on trying to save us in the finals by playing with a plate in his face