THIS IS NOT DEAN PAYS FAULT. please READ CAREFULLY

Mike Z

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yes i am not happy with the way the bulldogs have perfomed in the first 2 weeks.

As a fan i am angry and dissatisfied with what i have seen.

WE ARE BLAMING DEAN PAY and I have as well. But after DEEP THINKING and taking away my emotions i realised that we have lost most of our experienced players in last 12 to 18 months due to salary cap clean up which we all knew wont be sorted until 2020-2021

We have a coach who has only reserve graders to pick a team for first grade and around 3 to 4 other players that might be considered 1st graders and would make any other first grade team.

I have read a lot today that DEAN PAY IS THIS AND THAT. BUT REALLY HOW IS THIS BECAUSE OF DEAN PAY. Get BELLAMY, BENETT AND MAGUIRE to ALL BE COACHES OF THIS BULLDOGS TEAM working together and they will not make this team play any better.. yes 3 of them coaching this team fulltime.

We know we have a bad roster.. we know have the least experienced team and we have a coach who HAS TO EXPERIMENT with this team until he gets the best players he has to play in whatever position.

He his rebuilding what HASLER BROKE and this takes time. He has brought in some young players that were available that MIGHT have potential and he has to give them experience.

He has made changes that were required and he will continue until he gets it right to the best of his ability WITH WHAT players ARE available.

YES WE ARE NOT HAPPY but lets be realistic. Lets be honest and instead of being emotional and negative. WE AS SUPPORTERS NEED TO BE EXCITED ABOUT THE FUTURE AND POSTIVE IN HOW WE THINK BECAUSE WE WILL NOT ALWAYS WIN.

ITS A GAME A FOOTY AND REALLY WIN LOSE OR DRAW IT DOES NOT CHANGE MY LIFE.

SO STOP BLAMING DEAN PAY. HE IS TRYING. HE IS A HUMAN BEING. HE HAS NOT GOT QUALITY PLAYERS AND THAT IS NOT HIS FAULT. AND I HAVE MADE UP MY MIND AND I WILL REPEAT THIS IS NOT DEAN PAYS FAULT.

So stop being KEYBOARD WARRIORS AND TRY AND MAKE YOUR SELF FEEL BETTER BY BLAMING DEAN PAY.

HE IS NOT THE ONE THAT SPENT 1.2 MIL ON FORAN.

HE is not the one that STUFFED up the salary CAP.

Unfortunately for him he has to rebuild a team from scratch.

NOT LIKE WAYNE BENNETT WHO HAS TAKEN OVER AN ALREADY MADE SOUTHS TEAM WHO ARE ALREADY A TEAM THAT CAN WIN THE COMP.

OKAY LOOK AT ARTHUR at PARRA they have stuck with him for years even after they got the spoon a few times. Now Wowww they WON 2 games and ready to DO a contract extension.

STUART AT RAIDERS SHOULD HAVE WON A TITLE BY NOW.

BROWN AT KNIGHTS WAS SIMILAR SITUATION TO WHAT PAY IS IN NOW.

PAUL GREEN WON A GF - MADE A GF and with the same team LAST YEAR ALMOST Got the SPOON.

ROBINSON A FEW YEARS BACK had the roosters near the bottom with a premiership winning team.

So stop SOOKING and CRYING AND BLAMING DEAN PAY AND TRYING TO MAKE YOUR SELF FEEL BETTER.

INSTEAD BE EXCITED AT OUR YOUNG PLAYERS COMING IN AND SEE WHAT THEY CAN DO. BE POSITIVE AND BE REALISTIC. LET THEM LEARN AND WATCH THEM DEVELOP. LET THEM KNOW THEY HAVE SUPPORTERS THAT GIVE THEM CONFIDENCE NOT SUPPORTERS THAT ARE TALKING SHIT ABOUT THEM.

WE CAN UNEARTH SOME FUTURE STARS AND IN A YEAR OR 2 CAN BUY SOME QUALITY PLAYERS THAT WILL MOULD THE TEAM INTO A THREAT.

I WOULD RATHER SEE MY TEAM GROW AND BE COMPETITIVE AND PLAY WITH A BULLDOG SPIRIT RATHER THEN BUY A TEAM AND WIN A COMP WITH PLAYERS THAT ARE NOT REAL BULLDOGS.

I AM ACTUALLY HAPPY TO WATCH THIS TEAM GROW AND LEARN AND TRY HARD AND LET PAY EXPERIMENT AND TRY AND WORK OUR WHAT IS THE BEST COMBINATIONS HE CAN DEVELOP AND LET THEM HAVE SOME FUN.

I CAN FINALLY ACCEPT THIS REALITY AND ACCEPT THAT THIS IS NOT DEAN PAYS FAULT. NO COACH CAN DO ANY BETTER.

AND IF YOU WATCHED THE FIRST 25MIN OF THE PARRA GAME. We actually played some good footy.. we just need to hold the ball and learn to defend better as they get fitter. We will improve in the next 4 weeks and I am confident we will make the 8.
And if NOT then so what. At least i have hope and thats enough to keep me excited to watch our next game and so on

If this was a top 4 team and we played like that then bloody oath i will blame the coach
WE ARE A TEAM OF ROOKIES AND THEY ARE STILL MY TEAM.
I LOVE MY BULLDOGS NO MATTER WHAT.

ONCE AGAIN I HAVE COME TO THE HONEST REALIZATION WITH MY EMOTIONS CLEAR OF ANY FEELINGS THAT THE TRUTH IS
THIS IS NOT DEAN PAYS FAULT
YES THAT IS THE TRUTH, THE HONEST TRUTH AND ONLY THE TRUTH
SO STOP PICKING ON PAY AND STOP CRYING LIKE LITTLE BABIES AND BE REALISTIC AND HONEST IN THE FACTS.

SOOKS, FAR OUT FOR THE LAST YEAR WE KNEW THIS REBUILD WAS HAPPENING. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU ALL..
THIS IS NOT A TEAM OF INTERNATIONALS.
THIS IS A TEAM OF ROOKIES. THAT WILL BECOME A TEAM OF INTERNATIONALS

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes i am not happy with the way the bulldogs have perfomed in the first 2 weeks.

As a fan i am angry and dissatisfied with what i have seen.

WE ARE BLAMING DEAN PAY and I have as well. But after DEEP THINKING and taking away my emotions i realised that we have lost most of our experienced players in last 12 to 18 months due to salary cap clean up which we all knew wont be sorted until 2020-2021

We have a coach who has only reserve graders to pick a team for first grade and around 3 to 4 other players that might be considered 1st graders and would make any other first grade team.

I have read a lot today that DEAN PAY IS THIS AND THAT. BUT REALLY HOW IS THIS BECAUSE OF DEAN PAY. Get BELLAMY, BENETT AND MAGUIRE to ALL BE COACHES OF THIS BULLDOGS TEAM working together and they will not make this team play any better.. yes 3 of them coaching this team fulltime.

We know we have a bad roster.. we know have the least experienced team and we have a coach who HAS TO EXPERIMENT with this team until he gets the best players he has to play in whatever position.

He his rebuilding what HASLER BROKE and this takes time. He has brought in some young players that were available that MIGHT have potential and he has to give them experience.

He has made changes that were required and he will continue until he gets it right to the best of his ability WITH WHAT players ARE available.

YES WE ARE NOT HAPPY but lets be realistic. Lets be honest and instead of being emotional and negative. WE AS SUPPORTERS NEED TO BE EXCITED ABOUT THE FUTURE AND POSTIVE IN HOW WE THINK BECAUSE WE WILL NOT ALWAYS WIN.

ITS A GAME A FOOTY AND REALLY WIN LOSE OR DRAW IT DOES NOT CHANGE MY LIFE.

SO STOP BLAMING DEAN PAY. HE IS TRYING. HE IS A HUMAN BEING. HE HAS NOT GOT QUALITY PLAYERS AND THAT IS NOT HIS FAULT. AND I HAVE MADE UP MY MIND AND I WILL REPEAT THIS IS NOT DEAN PAYS FAULT.

So stop being KEYBOARD WARRIORS AND TRY AND MAKE YOUR SELF FEEL BETTER BY BLAMING DEAN PAY.

HE IS NOT THE ONE THAT SPENT 1.2 MIL ON FORAN.

HE is not the one that STUFFED up the salary CAP.

Unfortunately for him he has to rebuild a team from scratch.

NOT LIKE WAYNE BENNETT WHO HAS TAKEN OVER AN ALREADY MADE SOUTHS TEAM WHO ARE ALREADY A TEAM THAT CAN WIN THE COMP.

OKAY LOOK AT ARTHUR at PARRA they have stuck with him for years even after they got the spoon a few times. Now Wowww they WON 2 games and ready to DO a contract extension.

STUART AT RAIDERS SHOULD HAVE WON A TITLE BY NOW.

BROWN AT KNIGHTS WAS SIMILAR SITUATION TO WHAT PAY IS IN NOW.

PAUL GREEN WON A GF - MADE A GF and with the same team LAST YEAR ALMOST Got the SPOON.

ROBINSON A FEW YEARS BACK had the roosters near the bottom with a premiership winning team.

So stop SOOKING and CRYING AND BLAMING DEAN PAY AND TRYING TO MAKE YOUR SELF FEEL BETTER.

INSTEAD BE EXCITED AT OUR YOUNG PLAYERS COMING IN AND SEE WHAT THEY CAN DO. BE POSITIVE AND BE REALISTIC. LET THEM LEARN AND WATCH THEM DEVELOP. LET THEM KNOW THEY HAVE SUPPORTERS THAT GIVE THEM CONFIDENCE NOT SUPPORTERS THAT ARE TALKING SHIT ABOUT THEM.

WE CAN UNEARTH SOME FUTURE STARS AND IN A YEAR OR 2 CAN BUY SOME QUALITY PLAYERS THAT WILL MOULD THE TEAM INTO A THREAT.

I WOULD RATHER SEE MY TEAM GROW AND BE COMPETITIVE AND PLAY WITH A BULLDOG SPIRIT RATHER THEN BUY A TEAM AND WIN A COMP WITH PLAYERS THAT ARE NOT REAL BULLDOGS.

I AM ACTUALLY HAPPY TO WATCH THIS TEAM GROW AND LEARN AND TRY HARD AND LET PAY EXPERIMENT AND TRY AND WORK OUR WHAT IS THE BEST COMBINATIONS HE CAN DEVELOP AND LET THEM HAVE SOME FUN.

I CAN FINALLY ACCEPT THIS REALITY AND ACCEPT THAT THIS IS NOT DEAN PAYS FAULT. NO COACH CAN DO ANY BETTER.

AND IF YOU WATCHED THE FIRST 25MIN OF THE PARRA GAME. We actually played some good footy.. we just need to hold the ball and learn to defend better as they get fitter. We will improve in the next 4 weeks and I am confident we will make the 8.
And if NOT then so what. At least i have hope and thats enough to keep me excited to watch our next game and so on

If this was a top 4 team and we played like that then bloody oath i will blame the coach
WE ARE A TEAM OF ROOKIES AND THEY ARE STILL MY TEAM.
I LOVE MY BULLDOGS NO MATTER WHAT.

ONCE AGAIN I HAVE COME TO THE HONEST REALIZATION WITH MY EMOTIONS CLEAR OF ANY FEELINGS THAT THE TRUTH IS
THIS IS NOT DEAN PAYS FAULT
YES THAT IS THE TRUTH, THE HONEST TRUTH AND ONLY THE TRUTH
SO STOP PICKING ON PAY AND STOP CRYING LIKE LITTLE BABIES AND BE REALISTIC AND HONEST IN THE FACTS.

SOOKS, FAR OUT FOR THE LAST YEAR WE KNEW THIS REBUILD WAS HAPPENING. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU ALL..
THIS IS NOT A TEAM OF INTERNATIONALS.
THIS IS A TEAM OF ROOKIES. THAT WILL BECOME A TEAM OF INTERNATIONALS
THIS IS OUR TEAM AND WE ARE ALL BULLDOGS AND PROUD TO BE!!!

Our Opinions are ours alone,and as far as Pay goes that’s up for debate one way or another....!!! The coach of our team is not getting the desired results, and when you don’t perform as expected then your moved on and the club looks elsewhere..!!

Last edited:

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
BLAMING DEAN PAY AND TRYING TO MAKE YOUR SELF FEEL BETTER.

Dean pay there's no need for caps lock when trying to justify your shitty tactics and awful rotations

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Maybe one or two people have said something untoward but I think the rest have been respectful and reasonable and are just expressing their opinion.

As fans of a 0-2 team that won 8 games last year, people are more than within their right to question whether the coach is doing a good job. And the players. And the football department....

Everyone knows the cap situation and the hand they were dealt. But that doesn't mean no one should be held accountable in the three years it takes to get out of cap trouble.

Especially when Pay's signings look to have created further cap issues and he has questionable selections and tactics...

Pay was an unproven coach who is looking more and more that he's proving to not be the right coach.. Being under pressure with a record like his comes with the job and any coach in any sport knows that when taking the role...

Last edited:

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
fitness....enthusiasm.....game plan...... playing players out of position....montoya...... licchaa.......no injuries......players /rookies going back wards......entire offseason to train and improve the fitness....no fucken idea what is the problem and how to fix it.

need i say more?

Bulldog87

Waterboy
Reaction score
fitness....enthusiasm.....game plan...... playing players out of position....montoya...... licchaa.......no injuries......players /rookies going back wards......entire offseason to train and improve the fitness....no fucken idea what is the problem and how to fix it.

need i say more?
never seen a coach get it more wrong. tell me one other coach that has been forced to drop 5 players after 2 rounds of a new season?

Chris Anderson and Dean Pay need to sack themselves.

We need new age administration top to bottom.

Mike Z

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
turn off caps lock idiot
Sorry typing on the phone and when i am typing as quick as possible as my mind was rushing with this though. Caps pressed on and off without noticing.
please no one get upset about capital letters. I hope its not the worst thing in the world.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stfu please we all have an opinion and have every right to label this club and players and team for what we think of them just like YOU.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dont compare us to Eels, Dragons and all those other fckup clubs..

Were the mofo Dogs and we wont cop staying down for long.. weve missed finals 2 years running thats long enough.. we need to see improvement and some light at the end of this BS..

I like Pay but sport is cutthroat.. get the results , give us somthing to be hopeful about or its time to go ..

DroidDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
To many coaches on here act like we are new to this situation. Doing the same thing over and over is the definition of a dumb ass.

Pay is searching for a working formula. Problem is, some dumb asses on here dont agree with Pay because there opinion is better.

Pay has the luxury of knowing these players attitude and qualities, that in itself puts Pay in a more knowledgeable position to
pick players and rotate positions etc. Let it be for fuck sake !

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
After we lost Klemmer you’d think ok we have cash to spend and 1-2 roster spots available.

The thing for me is we have no fullback. We have no recognised first grade wingers or centres. We have questions with our halves. And we don’t have a hooker in the club at all.

Yet we sign Napa...... (considering we have Ogden, fualalo, got in sue, had tualau and toomanga. Fair enough no gun props. But to be honest to splash the cash on Napa. 2 600k front rowers won’t win us the Comp. but a fullback or creative hooker would keep us in more games.

That’s my issue with pay. I know he is limited with what he inherited and we can’t put the blame on him for everything. But CHN, Napa, sue, clay priest, crighton are all on his hands. So my blame for them Are on the board and the coach. And until he fills the glaring voids in the team (I.e stop recruiting front and second rowers) and gets us backs that can compete with the opposition teams backs, halves that don’t shit the bed on every play and a hooker that can pass, tackle and run. Then I will stop criticising him.

To be honest he seems inexperienced and a rookie coach. Looked that way last year. And didn’t do enough to improve us this season. And I think our slide from 2012 will continue. From 1st to last. And most likely I think 11th in 2017 12th in 2018 and possibly worse this year.

I’ll give pay and the board one more season (like I mentioned in other threads). I guess like they said there is no quick fix and they shed every first grade player away. We should have close to 9.5 mill to play with next year (doubt we’ll still be paying off contracts. Stupid if we are). So I’ll give them this season and the off season to bring in the players and the people required.

But if next year finishes outside the top 8 (like it seems like we are heading to this year) for mine no one survives. Not board. Not coach. Not assistants. And not even the players.

You’d need a full clean out and I’d hope The Anderson’s would say 3 seasons in we went backwards and we are out of our depth.

Ideally I’d love Mortimer, peponis and Corey Payne involved in some capacity. Peponis and Mortimer were both there last premiership. So I’d be happy with their expertise in club management.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
To many coaches on here act like we are new to this situation. Doing the same thing over and over is the definition of a dumb ass.

Pay is searching for a working formula. Problem is, some dumb asses on here dont agree with Pay because there opinion is better.

Pay has the luxury of knowing these players attitude and qualities, that in itself puts Pay in a more knowledgeable position to
pick players and rotate positions etc. Let it be for fuck sake !
And how has their attitude and qualities come through on game day sir?
Serious question

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I like the fact we have a guy coaching us that knows what it takes to be a Bulldog, but he’s struggling deluxe.

The storm only have Cam Smith left from the big 3, and he’s ancient, but they keep dishing up premium performances.. in fact, Cam Smith could retire tomorrow and they would still be consistently good.

Maguire has a team of misfits and they are playing with some serious purpose all the while working hard for each other in defence. That’s all we ask, we do those things and I think we can jag some wins.

The good coaches get average guys frothing at the mouth wanting to run through brick walls... to this day I’m yet to see “the madness” or “the dogs of war”, this from a coach who was all those things himself.

Bizarre that the troops cant respond...

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We played some good footie in the first 30 mins. True but what then happened. The bench happened. Like Sue for one who was responsible for giving away a try under the posts and suddenly the Eels are in front. Who chose the bench. Why all the second rowers and no replacement propos in the squad. We started to play some good footie at the end of last year. Did Pay support those players like Rhyse Martin and build the team? No! Did not pick him until 2 BIG losses. And people wonder why the coach is criticised.