Official Round 3 - Dogs vs Tigers - Consolidated Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Surely Lewis is on his last chance,time to stop reading twitter and grow a pair and lead the team around.Last two games have been shite,looks flustered.
The fuck, he was one of our best last week even if that isn't saying much. I hate to say it but our forwards outside Napa did absolute fuck all, and outside backs looked like they where on vacation.

I'm looking forward to hopefully meany proving the haters wrong, liked him a lot at Newcastle was kicking in play forcing turn overs etc.

Enough talk about this shit but, we all sitting in the bulldogs section? Who has their tickets?

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Some people can't seem to get it through their thick skulls that we simply don't have the depth. I don't know where you think Dean is going to pull better players from, because we don't have them right now
Well said HM! There’s nothing Pay can do!
That’s why I’m not rubbishing him. Yeh sure he could’ve made some better positional changes or bench rotations etc but seriously we got to give the guy a break. There’s probably only about 6 first graders in our whole squad that will make the other teams top 17.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
That’s why I’m not rubbishing him. Yeh sure he could’ve made some better positional changes or bench rotations etc but seriously we got to give the guy a break. There’s probably only about 6 first graders in our whole squad that will make the other teams top 17.
Not just that. If you replace a whole squad in one round you don't get a sudden turn around. You get 17 players who are not prepared for their roles and you end up on the receiving end of a record loss.

You can't just reshuffle the whole team. You shift out a few players here and there in non-vital roles then you start preparing the other replacements in the lower grades.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Soo excited. Cant wait to see what happens. Hopefully they are doing some team building this week so evryone gets use to eachother
I’m always excited, it’s my team, but with what’s happening at the moment it’s nervous times each game (still pumped though) and your right mate I’m always optimistic hence you giving me that haha.. cheers fella .

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If jmk needs a spell or break from hooker
Jackson can play hooker for 10-15 mins easy

Chris Smith is vanilla
He ain’t doing anything special

Rfm needs to come into the side

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Kennel on Sunday night ..

"Sack Pay he needs to make changes"
"Fucking Meaney is shit... why did we buy the useless ****"
"Fuck me dead Okunbor can't defend for shit.. he makes Montoya look like JMoz"
"Told you guys Martin needed to be there"
"Fuck off Licharse"

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Meaney: 187cm / 90 kgs
R Smith: 196cm / 97 kgs
Holland: 182cm / 94 kgs
Hopoate: 186cm / 98 kgs
Okunbor: 196cm / 108 kgs

vs

Mbye: 180cm / 89 kgs
Fonua: 185cm / 103 kgs
Marsters: 185cm / 105 kgs
Jennings: 192cm / 102 kgs
Thompson: 178cm / 91 kgs

Our backline and all but Holland have height advantages over their backline (except Jennings).
Our wingers have height advantage over everyone, and Okunbor height and weight advantage.

Kicking for the wings will definitely be up for it. Okunbor is good in the air.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Elliott is untouchable. Fuck knows whY.
Because he is related to Lichaa,who is related to Pay, who is related to Hassler, who is related to Castle, who is related to Dib, who has a million cousins & that's why we are the " THE FAMILY CLUB "

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Everyone gets we dont have the cattle but some of pays dumb selections and shit game plans dont help him

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
In what way is he potent... oh yeah he’s got a good offload for Shaun Lane. Oh wait he doesn’t play for us anymore.
great lets take away the only second phase option in our team, not to mention the best footwork out of all our forwards.. before he got injured last year he was our best attacking forward.

I can tell you have a hate campaign going for RFM ... you don't work for the telegraph by any chance ??

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
are you happy with the recruitment in the offseason ? considering the glaring holes we have at the centre position ?? was Sue required, was CHN a necessity, crighton ??

Granted the team isn't of first grade quality, but the offseason recruitment has not helped change that at all..

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
great lets take away the only second phase option in our team, not to mention the best footwork out of all our forwards.. before he got injured last year he was our best attacking forward.

I can tell you have a hate campaign going for RFM ... you don't work for the telegraph by any chance ??
Sue has footwork and he’s been shit. At least Sue’s footwork goes forward, not crab across the field like RFM. Someone gotta hate RFM, he’s hypnotised the kennel into thinking he’s some sort of gun when in reality he’s had a lot of time for a whole lot of nothing.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sue has footwork and he’s been shit. At least Sue’s footwork goes forward, not crab across the field like RFM. Someone gotta hate RFM, he’s hypnotised the kennel into thinking he’s some sort of gun when in reality he’s had a lot of time for a whole lot of nothing.
if it smells like shit everywhere you walk, its best you check your shoes for dog sh!t ..

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate harboring negative feelings about anyone particularly about our coach, but am starting to warm to the fact that Pay is out of his depth.
Our club for many reasons (and I mean many many) can no longer attract top players, so its a given that we have to do things differently, I'm sure that they have tried to sign a NO9 prior to this season, with no success.
I'm certain that Pay should have known the quality of our centers, Montoya proven to be very useless, Holland very very average. From his form and style at Penrith CHN looked more a centre than a back rower, I'm sure he would make a better centre than either Montoya or Holland.
To start against the tigers our back row is made up of out form light weights, the Tigers pack gave it to the Warriors last week, the only half good thing Pay has done this week is beef up the bench. Perhaps dropping RFM and Sue might help them regain their form.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The dumb nuts will move chn to the middle when Martin comes on.
No wonder we are getting steam
Rolled in the middle

Too too small
Weak and unfit
If its true Jackson was asked to play lock and he said no. Then he needs to stop being a selfish **** and do whats best for team. Everyone sees it what's best for the team is Jackson playing lock. Martin and chn can hold there own on the edges. They both can also play 80. If 1 fagiues then jackson can move there late in the game.
Martin and Lewis had a good combo going last year why change it. Hoppa okunbour outside them.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Based on the 17 named. The following has to happen to be chance. It seems only pay and jackson dont.

1. Meaney
2. Okunbor (l)
3. Hoppa (l)
4. Holland (r)
5. Smith (r)
6. Foran (r)
7. Lewis (l)
8. Napa
9. Jmk
10. Tolman
11. Martin (l)
12. Chn (r)
13. Jackson

14. Lichaa
15. Smith
16. Elliott
17. Ogden

i.e we need to tighten up the middle so fucking put jackson there. Martin and chn can hold there own on the edge. Also 1 of jackson or tolman has to be on the field at all times. Cant be both on the bench at once. Ffs i should coach this team. Jackson sub at 32 min mark. Back on at 48-50 min mark. Tolman plays first 48-50 mins. If martin fagiues jackson or elliott goes there. Chn plays 80.

Last edited:

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
If its true Jackson was asked to play lock and he said no. Then he needs to stop being a selfish **** and do whats best for team. Everyone sees it what's best for the team is Jackson playing lock. Martin and chn can hold there own on the edges. They both can also play 80. If 1 fagiues then jackson can move there late in the game.
I don't really believe for one second that Jackson would say no to playing lock if there wasn't a damn good reason for it.
I also don't really believe for one second that Pay and/or the rest of the coaching staff would let Jackson say no to playing lock if there wasn't a damn good reason for it.
A reason that they all agreed was valid and the best for the team based on the information and data that they have (and we don't).
At some point even the most critical of fans has to accept that maybe there's a damn good reason why the coaching staff and the team captain agree.

Go Dogs

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not sure it's the best team we can field, but at the very least the guys that have been pushing for a go have been given a chance to prove that they deserve it. As well as guys having their chance at NRL level, the guys that were dropped have motivation to get back, plus the guys still there all now know that if they don't shape up they will get shipped out too. For me waiting the 2 games is good strategy, they stuffed up 1st game and were given the opportunity in the 2nd game to redeem themselves and fix it, they didn't so they're outta here. Motivation and reward, the basis of any team coaching.

Go Dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.