To all those who want Pay sacked...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
The Des excuse is DEAD.
Far from it, we still have 2 more years to suffer through the Des Effect, that being players he signed on 3 or 4 year deals that we haven't been able to off load because no one else wants them.

Des did not get rid of Klemmer or the Morris twins or Mbye or Woods.
Yes he did, indirectly by having a ~$13m team against a $9.6m salary cap for 2019. Higher paid players are the ones that had to go. Klemmer himself is solely to blame for his leaving, no one else's fault (excluding the one pussey whipping him of course).

Des did not waste money buying players and play them in NSW cup.
Serious memory loss there, I seem to recall Cook being recruited and then left in 2nds and leaving as a result. We could also debate, from memory Abbey, Garvey, Kenna, Lane, Thompson, Finucane, Browne and of course he threatened Ennis with spending the rest of his playing days in reserves causing him to leave.

The dogs are still paying players who are now at other clubs.
Who? And how much?

The reason the team is in the position its in today is because of decisions made by Pay.
Undoubtedly some are, but the vast majority is the burden still being carried from his predecessors.

He will not see out the year.
Firstly he has a contract, so he's going to get paid for the full year anyway. Secondly who would you suggest that is available and better than him right now?

Go Dogs

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
But we havent improved.. were going worse that last year which is the worry..

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
swap one rookie coach for another... then what? move him on? if we were to replace Dean, it would have to be with an experienced coach because a rookie coach with an inexperienced roster (bar a few) is always going to do it tough
I get your analogy...once bitten twice shy. Let's say we sacked Dean, would you have a name or two you would like to challenge for the role?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yes, Pay was left a mess but he still has had a say on the roster. With limited money to spend you have to get it right more then you get it wrong. Signing players like Crichton, Sue and CHN hasn’t helped the situation and doesn’t give you much confidence that he has a eye for talent moving forward. I should clarify CHN is listed there more for the fact he is a backrower when we already had a glut of them while having glearing weaknesses elsewhere.

With a roster down on talent then fitness and attitude should be the highest priorities to get right and so far it’s a massive fail on both of those. That falls directly on Pay no matter what the roster is. It honestly looks like they did nothing in the off season besides moving players out of positions that worked last year.

Pay has plenty to answer for and to write it off saying his roster is garbage is a cop out. He needs to fix things fast just to get the team competitive in games!
Agree completely. However, in regard to the coach he needs to be given more than 2 weeks to prove himself. As I've said, if we're in the same position in round 6 with the same attitude from the playing staff then not only will I be questioning Pay but asking for him to step down. Until then I think the players owe him a performance, and more importantly OWE us supporters!

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I get your analogy...once bitten twice shy. Let's say we sacked Dean, would you have a name or two you would like to challenge for the role?
Griffin had Panthers firing, so he would be my pick. Not a lot of quality on the market tbh

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Ask yourself "what happened between this year and last year?" We offloaded mainly dregs of players with exception of Morris brothers, and somehow have fallen apart with better halves.

shaun5150

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You could put Bellamy in the coaches box and our team would still be shit. They're physically reserve grade material.
Bellamy would turn us around to at least be competitive
We are unfit, lack of footy time is partly to blame. More then 40 mins in 1 trial is bullshit.

shaun5150

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Pay has won 8 games from 26. As Mick Ennis just said, there has been NO IMPROVEMENT in this side.
Pay will not be resigned, if he is lucky he may make the end of the season.
R.I.P Pay's coaching career

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ask yourself "what happened between this year and last year?" We offloaded mainly dregs of players with exception of Morris brothers, and somehow have fallen apart with better halves.
take the three best players out of any team and it has a massive impact... take them out of a team who only boasts 4 high quality players and you end up where we are... some of our forwards have been massively exposed now that Klemmer is not carrying us.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Pay has won 8 games from 26. As Mick Ennis just said, there has been NO IMPROVEMENT in this side.
Pay will not be resigned, if he is lucky he may make the end of the season.
R.I.P Pay's coaching career
Yvonne Sampson also said we have the best completion in the comp and the least amount of errors. Shows you Pay is that bad of a coach

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Its been 26 games and weve gone backwards

Yes but that is to be expected with the amount of players that we had to let go of due to them being the higher paid players in our club.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The thread sais.... to all those who want pay sacked.......... and the answer is.........are better judges of rugby league than the ones that still make up excuses for him.....

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes but that is to be expected with the amount of players that we had to let go of due to them being the higher paid players in our club.
Yes but we didnt have to let all of them go. Pay and anderson packed there bags and sent them. Its there heads now if we cant attract top players.

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
parking my dislike for the man and his former club to one side, would flanno to the dogs next year work. can clearly coach and would attract players not plodders when we have more cap to spend. my desire to see the club get back to being competitive for premierships outways what was a bit of a feel good story around a former bulldog coming back to coach the bulldogs way.

cyborg66

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
of course we are going back we lost the morris twins and klemmer

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Griffin had Panthers firing, so he would be my pick. Not a lot of quality on the market tbh
I'd take a gamble on the Walker brothers as duo coaches. They would bring some of their players too.

I'mont a fan of Griffin. Griffin in't going to win you a premiership, I'm not sacking a coach to pick one that won't get the ultimate success.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
parking my dislike for the man and his former club to one side, would flanno to the dogs next year work. can clearly coach and would attract players not plodders when we have more cap to spend. my desire to see the club get back to being competitive for premierships outways what was a bit of a feel good story around a former bulldog coming back to coach the bulldogs way.
Would be in the shortlist- he'd have to be.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd take a gamble on the Walker brothers as duo coaches. They would bring some of their players too.

I'mont a fan of Griffin. Griffin in't going to win you a premiership, I'm not sacking a coach to pick one that won't get the ultimate success.
why is Griffin not going to win a premiership? because that big sook Hannant said so? he got better as a coach when he went to the Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.