Dog gone? Why Dean Pay has six rounds to save his job

Status
Not open for further replies.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not defending Pay but it's very easy to be an armchair critic like Ennis and others in the media.

I look forward to the day Ennis coaches a side so he can see how hard it would be - but it's far easier to just sit back and tell everyone else what they do wrong so I don't think it will happen..

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ennis is right but he’s also pointing out the obvious
He's turning into Phil Gould v2.0 points out the obvious but doesn't offer any solutions.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Somehow I doubt other coaches would have resigned them though.

Bellamy would have this side competing
Holland and Montoya were re-signed by Des

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Funny thing is last year when we played well ogden/martin were playing well then he drops them this year

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I legit don't understand the losers on here sulking about Ennis saying we are hopeless. Do you think he is lying and we are doing well ? Or is it you just don't like Ennis being a big bully making fun of our little wittle bulldogs
So he can "legit" criticise the dogs by stating the obvious but we can't criticise him by stating the obvious because that's being a "wittle" loser?

Reactions: K E

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every one keeps saying no one could do anything with this squad. Well firstly he helped assemble this squad. And secondly the players dont believe in what hes doing so that brings zero effort. Sack pay and bring in somone else and lets see if they can do better. Id bet they can. Shit i would do better. Im putting in for the job, marley as ceo and kiwi dog as head of performance and fitness. Dont need no other ****. They want a drink of water they can sprint to sideline on my command only when i allow, the unfit *****. Your hopeless deano.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
So he can "legit" criticise the dogs by stating the obvious but we can't criticise him by stating the obvious because that's being a "wittle" loser?
When did I say we can't criticise Ennis ? I am gonna take a wild guess here and say you HATE Ennis ? If this was James Graham or Steve Price saying these comments I don't think you would care so much.

Last edited:

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holland and Montoya were re-signed by Des
And can be left in reserve grade by the current coach and shipped off to the ESL. Coaches find ways to get rid of players

Should have used last year’s incident to get rid of one of them

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He is stating the obvious! What made me more mad was that little bitch mbye sitting beside him, with a little smirk on his face as they spoke about the doggs.!!

Pay needs to go, but finding a suitable replacement is KEY!!

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
And can be left in reserve grade by the current coach and shipped off to the ESL. Coaches find ways to get rid of players

Should have used last year’s incident to get rid of one of them
I was simply correcting your inaccurate statement, I was not arguing if they've been used correctly or not ..

cLEBrity

Mujnoon
Reaction score
He aint going to save his job, he isnt good enough to be 1st grade coach and doesnt have the cattle to turn it around, he looks stressed. he is as good as gone, Dogs have some money to spend on our cap and they arnt spending it while he is in charge

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't think we should avoid rookie coaches at all. Robinson and Seibold were unknowns.. None of the proven coaches inspire confidence or have a good track record..

We just need a young coach who is innovative, flexible with tactics and has an eye for young talent while also being able to get the best out of them.

Get coaches and scouts from Melbourne, Souths and the Roosters, not from Canberra with Pay or the Tigers with McConnell.

The Walkers Brothers or Kevin Walters would be worth a punt.

Pay keeps being mentioned as part of the fabric of the club when people forget he was part of the infamous four that defected. He played more years at Parra than he did with us. So Canterbury don't owe him shit.

Dump him by round 5 if the floggings continue so they can see if whatever interim coach can stake a claim for the job.
Robinson won the challenge cup in England before he came.. same as Mcguire

They both had experience coaching a FG team in England before taking over an NRL team..

Our last 2 rookie coaches though Bulldogs people have been duds... McGuire a premiership winninh coach has started awesome at the Tigers.. it ended bad at Souths but he got them a premiership after a 50 year drought..

We are too big a club to take punt on a rookie coach especially now when we are a rabble on the field and in our roster..

cyborg66

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we don't have enough quality players most of the players we have would not make the run on side at other clubs!!!

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was simply correcting your inaccurate statement, I was not arguing if they've been used correctly or not ..
Fair enough, just me being a cranky pants!

Can I just blame Coach Useless Deano?

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we don't have enough quality players most of the players we have would not make the run on side at other clubs!!!
Well this and it doesn't help if you go through our top players...

Foran- getting close to a $1million...he's as cooked as a well done steak.
Jackson- can accept it but the price would worry me
Hopoate- don't get me started. Average, overpaid. Worse buy than Foran.
Lichaa- SPUD, SPUD, SPUD...at $500k plus lol

Then we have useless purchases like Montoya, Elliot

You honestly can't tell me that we cld have used that upwards of 3 million dollars better! I can accept Jackson, although he's a poor captain choice, but the others are woeful.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ennis;
“Excuse me for a second, I see another opportunity to kick the dogs”

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fair enough, just me being a cranky pants!

Can I just blame Coach Useless Deano?
I'm extremely upset in what ive seen so far this year and Dean has plenty to answer for .. but I will never lose sight of the position Hasler, Dib and Raelene put us in..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Robinson won the challenge cup in England before he came.. same as Mcguire

They both had experience coaching a FG team in England before taking over an NRL team..

Our last 2 rookie coaches though Bulldogs people have been duds... McGuire a premiership winninh coach has started awesome at the Tigers.. it ended bad at Souths but he got them a premiership after a 50 year drought..

We are too big a club to take punt on a rookie coach especially now when we are a rabble on the field and in our roster..
But Robinson and McGuire were still unproven NRL coaches. And Seibold was a Storm assistant.. Who's the next best Storm assistant?

Or another deserving Super League candidate... The Walkers coached Q Cup successfully which is a high level and Walters has won an Origin series.

I don't know who else there is and I understand taking over a rabble wouldn't be ideal for certain unproven coaches but for the right coach, they'd handle it fine.

You could also argue that a proven coach like Henry or Griffin have been fired from multiple clubs so who is to say they're the answer?

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Has there ever been anything positive to say about the dogs over the last few years?

Just read the Kennel, there's a lot of Michael Ennis' on here.
The problem is there has been too much positive things to say about the club. If you can't convince the mob, you confuse them.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
I'm not defending Pay but it's very easy to be an armchair critic like Ennis and others in the media.

I look forward to the day Ennis coaches a side so he can see how hard it would be - but it's far easier to just sit back and tell everyone else what they do wrong so I don't think it will happen..
Maybe because that’s his job now.

Status
Not open for further replies.