• Yes

Votes: 20 64.5%
  • No

Votes: 11 35.5%

• Total voters

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Pay axing some of the wrong the players. Crighton 126m Fualalo 94m RFM 74m. What about fucking Elliot and the coward Holland ? Crighton is one of the few blokes running the ball and making meters. Holland for mine is as bad as Montoya, he is slow and can't read the fucking play plus is a donkey as a marker. If you watched us for NZ and Parra he was caught in field and did not chase a single person as marker. Crighton finished all his tackles for him on the weekend cause he has a pea heart and no aggression

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Based on those assumptions the telecrap made...

How the fcuk does Okenbur get in FG over Harper ?

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Based on those assumptions the telecrap made...

How the fcuk does Okenbur get in FG over Harper ?
purely on the basis of big bodies, I assume... we are struggling big time to get out of our own end..

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Bring Holmes back from his amerAmer dream, no anti poaching involved. Rona also for the same reason. Would have to think about the hooker. None round that would be available without poaching rules except set who I am not keen on. Edit. Would also try bringing Radradra over
Holmes has a contract with the Sharks, we would have to pay that out to get them to release him. The same as SBW paid $750k to us to secure our release to play with the Chooks. Radradra has 1 year left on his contract with Bordeaux and French Rugby has a transfer fee system. This means we would be effectively paying twice for those 2, once to secure their release and then again paying them to play. Good players to have but paying double, makes them very very expensive.

Rona is slightly more gettable but may still feel a bit put out due to not having his contract renewed in 2016 (ouch). Steve Gillis (a business partner of Clinton Schifcofske) is his manager and he has strong ties to Rugby Union. I don't recall him representing any Bulldogs players currently so there's no in there.

Go Dogs

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Foran is stifling Lewis.

Compare Lewis without Foran and Lewis with Foran. Night and day.

Imagine playing 2nd fiddle to the worst half in the NRL who is still riding accolades from near 10 years ago.
Thought foran was pretty good on the weekend, both our halves were good .it's the outside backs and go forward from the bench that is the issue

Packstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Holland and Smith were a good combo on the right side last year.

Previous to that, Holland had played left centre on a few occasions and was always atrocious. It is quite evident that Holland is not comfortable at left centre and God knows why he has been thrown in there.

Holland should of started the year at right centre along Smith as well as Martin on the edge with RFM on the bench.

I find it very odd after a long injury that RFM was thrown straight into the starting side and expected to play the full 80

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mariner coming back from injury might need a few weeks to get into the swing of things?

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what's Pay going to do when this 'new and improved' team gets toweled up by the Tigers this week and the Storm the week after?
Good point.
He will run out of players to try

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
imagine if he names the same team - all hell will break loose! LMAO!!

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
4 changes after 2 rounds is a desperate move by Pay, almost a last roll of the dice.
Montoya had to go, 2 bombed tries, poor defensive reads.
Crichton could have been given another chance as Okunbur hasn't set the world on fire in reggies.
RFM and Fualalo unlucky also, they were both having a crack.
We need to address our edge defense and our bench rotation / impact.
Having the players like Jackson, Holland, RFM swapping sides of the field would have impacted on the shit edge defense, could have just swapped them back to their preferred side and given them another week.
The options to replace Montoya are slim;
Harper - not ready for fg yet, picking him for the future gives up on 2019 and could impact his progression.
Olive - not going to help our defensive issues.
Meaney to fb, Hoppa to centres. The only real option, but I think with Meaneys reggies form and Hoppa's silky hands and previous defensive issues in the centres this will weaken the team overall, for now it's the best option. Having a rookie outside Hoppa in Okunbur is going to add pressure on him so I'd have given Chrichton benefit of the doubt and another couple of games.

Meaney
Crichton
Hoppa
Holland
Smith

Foran
Lewis

Ogden
JMK
Napa
RFM left edge
Jackson right edge
Elliott

Tolman - replaces Elliott, keeps the middle tight
Fualalo - comes on for Ogden
Martin - can play middle or edge, hooker if required
CHN - same role as he's playing, or move Jackson to the middle when he comes on.

You could alternatively bench RFM, start Martin on the right and have RFM come off the bench as a middle fwd.
Holland and Smith reunited on the right side with Hoppa and Chrichton on the left.
Montoya, Liccha and Sue all go back to reggies.

JTSports

Waterboy
Reaction score
Read this on the telegraph this morning thought I'd share, here is the team that will be listed this afternoon.

1. Nick Meaney
2. Jayden Okunbor
3. Kerrod Holland
4. Will Hopoate
5. Reimis Smith
6. Kieran Foran
7. Lachlan Lewis
8. Aiden Tolman
9. Jeremy Marshall-King
10. Dylan Napa
11. Josh Jackson
12. Rhyse Martin
13. Adam Elliott

14. Michael Lichaa
15. Ofahiki Ogden
16. Corey Harawira-Naera
17. Jesse Sue

Dogs2004

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
RFM should of got a shot over elliot,chn and sue

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Much better side but mariner should be in the team

Move Jackson to lock

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Harper can break tackles, can defend and can create something out of nothing. Should be an automatic choice to replace Holland.
He has come back from preseason totally behind fitness wise.. looks sluggish this yr. Maybe copping some of Pays brilliant coaching.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Read this on the telegraph this morning thought I'd share, here is the team that will be listed this afternoon.

1. Nick Meaney
2. Jayden Okunbor
3. Kerrod Holland
4. Will Hopoate
5. Reimis Smith
6. Kieran Foran
7. Lachlan Lewis
8. Aiden Tolman
9. Jeremy Marshall-King
10. Dylan Napa
11. Josh Jackson
12. Rhyse Martin
13. Adam Elliott

14. Michael Lichaa
15. Ofahiki Ogden
16. Corey Harawira-Naera
17. Jesse Sue
Can't believe rfm gets dropped and Elliot keeps his position at lock whilst chns talent is the wasted away on the bench and in the middle. Pay is so gone.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He has come back from preseason totally behind fitness wise.. looks sluggish this yr. Maybe copping some of Pays brilliant coaching.
Maybe so, but he still played well and a shitload better than mr "i can't catch a ball" Okenbur. That's pay anyways snd his BS selections

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Harper can break tackles, can defend and can create something out of nothing. Should be an automatic choice to replace Holland.
I think everyone owes you an apology over your comments about pay mate