Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

Should the bulldogs make Reynolds priority number one target for 2022?

• Total voters

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Elliot and JMK to Dragons for Field and Robson

Lichaa back to sharks aka Newtown for Seggy.

Robson and Seggy in Hooker rotation until Robson becomes 80min NRL hooker

Field in FB.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Because he is not as good as he used to be and he needs to be better than that to keep being the A-HOLE he is.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
He is a knob. Mitch Rein is a better option
Can confirm. I know people aren't exactly in their best form at Bars/Clubs, but my experience with Seggy on this scene is that he is one of the biggest cocksuckers on earth.

I agree with Rein also - would've loved to have jagged him here. From what I saw of him last year at the Titans - his work in attack has improved a lot. Always a solid defender

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
It would be extremely difficult to pull off but surely we could make a play for DWZ from the panthers to play fullback, he is stuck behind Edwards there even though he is the Kiwi #1, supremely talented player and should be a starting fullback in the NRL, still only 23 with almost 100 games under his belt and seems to be the leader type too. Under contract until the end of 2020 but I cant see him wanting to waste another two years out on the wing.
Nah, we will wait 10 years when he's old, battered and broken. Coz that's how we roll.

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need wingers who can start sets eat metres and finish.
Look at the last few premiership sides and it’s come off from the back 3 eating metres (Val Holmes for Cronulla/Slater, Ado-Carr and Vunivalu for Melbourne and Ferguson for the roosters) starting sets and giving the forward pack relief. We don’t have a ‘metre eater’ forward either who runs Mark O’Meley style to start and continue the roll on. I’ve said for years we haven’t had it since Kasiano (inconsistently at times) and Ben Hannant

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I understand that Hasler totally F'd up our salary cap situation with his famous back-ended deals, but after shedding James Graham, Josh Reynolds, Aaron Woods, Moses Mbye, Greg Eastwood, David Klemmer & the Morris boys in the previous season (since the end of 2017), the club must surely be in the position to buy at least 3 to 4 top quality players.

IMO, we are very small & light in our middle forwards & our wingers don't return kicks with the impetus required to be a top team (just look at Fergo yesterday).

Along with this, our centers are not 1st grade standard & our hookers pose no threat.

Our off contract players

Fa'amanu Brown, Danny Fualalo, Morgan Harper, Tui Katoa, Michael Lichaa,
Rhyse Martin & Francis Tualau.

I would probably only consider keeping Rhyse Martin although we have too many backrowers right now.

What I would do right now is offer the Dragons who a desperate for a second rower or lock to cover for DeBelin & Frizzel, one of our backrowers in exchange for Zac Lomax.

Although I am grateful for his services thus far, It would be perfect if the Dragons would take Tolman to play lock & give us Lomax. Tolman's incentive would be to have one last crack at a title, cause he wont win one with us.

I see Lomax as our number one target for a center position, & he must currently be spewing to be stuck in reserves. If they wont take Tolman then offer them someone else for the swap as good centers are hard to find.

I would then try to move Tolman on in the off season, his best days are past and it would free up good coin.

Here is my HIT LIST of off contract players that I would seriously consider targeting for 2020. These players are listed as off contract by Zero Tackle so if they are incorrect please don't blame me.

Middle Forwards

Tevita Pangai Junior

Joe Ofahengaue

Hooker

Apisai Koroisau (He would be my preference but too much money) OR

Blayke Brailey OR

Reece Robson

Outside Backs

2 OF

Jordan Rapana

Corey Oates

Corey Thompson

Unfortunately there are no gun centers off contract this year, that's why I'd go hard right now for Zac Lomax & perhaps give Remis Smith a crack at center also.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lomax would be almost impossible to sign imo, one of the most talented youngsters around, Dragons would never let him go.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pangai junior should be first on the list after releasing a few of our dud forwards.
Imagine players from the opposition running at both pangai and napa, that would be some mongrel

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I was looking at the complete list for off contract players, there's not alot there tbh.

Unless you pay massive overs for Pangai I don't see him leaving the Broncos. There's been rumours uncle Nick is after him in which case we are no chance.

I think we're going to have to start looking at very promising lower grade players or even to ESL for signings.

It's really depressing thinking of the next year or two and players we might have to use out of desperation.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Agree with pangai junior!!
would love Corey Thompson back in the blue an white.. makes me laugh how people thought he was too small!! He has proved how good he is behind a bunch of players that gel so well, would also welcome Corey oats.

berriesfan

Waterboy
Reaction score
Seggy has a club. He will play for the sharks this year. He is just waiting for a spot on their roster to open up to justify the signing despite the club having salary cap issues. He has had a few offers from other clubs but turned them down as he has a guaranteed spot in the Sharks 30 and wants to play for them.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Agree with pangai junior!!
would love Corey Thompson back in the blue an white.. makes me laugh how people thought he was too small!! He has proved how good he is behind a bunch of players that gel so well, would also welcome Corey oats.
I'd only want Corey as a stop gap fullback for a year, decent player but nothing special.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I understand that Hasler totally F'd up our salary cap situation with his famous back-ended deals, but after shedding James Graham, Josh Reynolds, Aaron Woods, Moses Mbye, Greg Eastwood, David Klemmer & the Morris boys in the previous season (since the end of 2017), the club must surely be in the position to buy at least 3 to 4 top quality players.

IMO, we are very small & light in our middle forwards & our wingers don't return kicks with the impetus required to be a top team (just look at Fergo yesterday).

Along with this, our centers are not 1st grade standard & our hookers pose no threat.

Our off contract players

Fa'amanu Brown, Danny Fualalo, Morgan Harper, Tui Katoa, Michael Lichaa,
Rhyse Martin & Francis Tualau.

I would probably only consider keeping Rhyse Martin although we have too many backrowers right now.

What I would do right now is offer the Dragons who a desperate for a second rower or lock to cover for DeBelin & Frizzel, one of our backrowers in exchange for Zac Lomax.

Although I am grateful for his services thus far, It would be perfect if the Dragons would take Tolman to play lock & give us Lomax. Tolman's incentive would be to have one last crack at a title, cause he wont win one with us.

I see Lomax as our number one target for a center position, & he must currently be spewing to be stuck in reserves. If they wont take Tolman then offer them someone else for the swap as good centers are hard to find.

I would then try to move Tolman on in the off season, his best days are past and it would free up good coin.

Here is my HIT LIST of off contract players that I would seriously consider targeting for 2020. These players are listed as off contract by Zero Tackle so if they are incorrect please don't blame me.

Middle Forwards

Tevita Pangai Junior

Joe Ofahengaue

Hooker

Apisai Koroisau (He would be my preference but too much money) OR

Blayke Brailey OR

Reece Robson

Outside Backs

2 OF

Jordan Rapana

Corey Oates

Corey Thompson

Unfortunately there are no gun centers off contract this year, that's why I'd go hard right now for Zac Lomax & perhaps give Remis Smith a crack at center also.
With the backline I don’t really see anyone that’s worth throwing the bank at. With some luck Harper, Smith will be our centres in future.

Depending on how Meaney turns out, the positions we need quality are 9, 1 and 6 in that order. Again I really don’t see anyone off contract in that list that’s worth bringing over. It may be that Robson is a superstar in the making but coming to us may stifle his career.

It may be that Meaney and Cogger will turn out to be good players for us. But it’s unfair to heap so much pressure on them early in their career. Most of the players around them are rubbish.

RFM, Plodman and Elliot are also probably eating large chunks of our cap and should be moved on in favour of some powerhouse kids with size coming through the ranks who can actually bust the line.

The club lost its way somewhere in 13-17 and should aim to start over, rather than hope for mid table finishes. The club is strong enough to survive a few lean years but we won’t survive yet another decade with bad results.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Honestly, I may cop it for this but I'd sell ANYONE in our team and offer Latrell Mitchell whatever the fuck he wants. Pay him under the table if he wants. Who cares, just bring him here.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Honestly, I may cop it for this but I'd sell ANYONE in our team and offer Latrell Mitchell whatever the fuck he wants. Pay him under the table if he wants. Who cares, just bring him here.
Yup we had him too lol, another one that got away and went on to big things!!