Sack Dean Pay

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jimmy dymock should have been the choice.

But if I remember correctly, pay was installed as part of Ray dib’s desperate attempt to get re-elected?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree with everything you said, except JJ being the best lock in the club.
JJ would have made a great lock pre 2008 when the lock doubled as a defensive five-eight. But locks in the modern game are a third ball playing prop forward.
Players currently playing lock are Taumololo, Gallen, Sam Burgess, De Belin, Taukeiako, Eisenhuth, Liu, Papali, Trbojevic, Taupau and Sao. Big strong players that weigh over 108 kgs. That was the reason why old Des experimented with Klemmer at lock.
All those players named bar JT are props this yr. Burgess and de belin are backrowers. Coaches are reverting to strong agile ball playing locks again. Eg Murray, mcquire, Radley..

JJ is a perfect lock

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone taken a serious look at how Jackson seems to have gone backwards under Pay. Jackson is still a top player in the NRL and in the top 5 backrowers easily but man he seems to have bad games here and there a bit too much. Not saying today as he seemed to be one of the few having a dig. But round 1 average last year a lot of games where is was just not the JJ we are used to seeing. Pay has fucked him by playing him 2nd row, lock, prop and moving him from one side to the other every game. Pay is a dumb **** or the highest order. Moves on Mbye, Woods, Jmoz and Bmoz. Yet he resigns low fucks like JMK and Licha. Then plays Holland & Montoya in the centres who are shit and puts Elliot on the leadership group like fuck me. Rant over.........for now.
The one thing I’ve noticed is the increase in missed tackles. He used te be a fortress and now drops off a lot or gets beaten around

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jackson is a victim of this side....he looks spent. He came through with Finucane...now he looks ten years older than Finucane running around getting smashed week to week with a bunch of cans.

We’re not winning any comps any time soon with this side anyway so it’s time to promote the young guys and let them get Expirience in first grade. It’s time for the non performers to be dropped for good regardless of wether we get flogged or not.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The one thing I’ve noticed is the increase in missed tackles. He used te be a fortress and now drops off a lot or gets beaten around
He didnt start well last season either. He went to the middle often to make tackles and couldnt get back in time to help his outside men. Thats when they had defensive issue on their right side.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not convinced that the extra responsibility of being captain isn't affecting him. It isn't just this year or last year either, he's not been himself since Graham left and he was given the captains gig. Sure he leads by example, but often that's not enough and for some players the extra load detracts from the other aspects of their game. Especially when we have such a young group of players that look to him for a lot of on field leadership.

Go Dogs

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Sacked immediately if we are mathematically out of the eight. By round 17, when all teams have played the same number of games, to avoid the sack: must be in the eight at any point that we become mathematically out of the four. No point saying "oh we are a point away from 8th", but an eternity away from 4th.

I'm glad we haven't offered a new contract (right?). 1 year extension if we make the eight, 2 year extension if we make the four.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sacked immediately if we are mathematically out of the eight. By round 17, when all teams have played the same number of games, to avoid the sack: must be in the eight at any point that we become mathematically out of the four. No point saying "oh we are a point away from 8th", but an eternity away from 4th.

I'm glad we haven't offered a new contract (right?). 1 year extension if we make the eight, 2 year extension if we make the four.
Why? Its highly likely his not going to be here next yr so why not grab someone asap to try and get this team ready for next yr.

I don't want the team Pay is building because I have merely loosed faith in his decision making.

Last edited:

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry I meant on his day. Agreed Jackson is dropping at an alarming rate I do feel Pay has not helped him remotely and seriously contributed to his downward spiral
JJ looking much leaner this year... I say dropped at least 5kg+

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Who?

Go Dogs
Let me get my Rugby league contact book and phn someone or maybe I will get one of my many staff to start making enquiries...

I don't Know... Somebody out there who is experienced enough to build a fukn team that's who!!

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What success has Cleary had?
Did nothing at the Warriors, was sacked by Penrith, did nothing at the Tigers, got thrown a lifeline by the Panthers again, largely because of his son and they’re hardly setting the world on fire so far in 2019. If we ever seriously considered or spoke to Cleary as the Dogs coach then we dodged a bullet.
He did take the Warriors to the GF in 2011.

shaun5150

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Drums are beating for Pay's head. 8 wins from 26.
If we are 0 - 6 he may well be gone.
Probably a nice guy, but he is done
R.I.P Pay's coaching career

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are there any good coaches available in Super League that we could make a play for?

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last week it was poor dean, montoya and holland are just a bit rusty. Lol. Hahaha.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where is wendog and twin turbo this week with there essays about how we should have faith lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.