To all those who want Pay sacked...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You could put Bellamy in the coaches box and our team would still be shit. They're physically reserve grade material.
You think so? Look what Bellamy does with average players. Finucane was OK for us now he is great for the storm. Look at their fringe players/reserve graders over the past few years, Brodie Croft, Jerome Hughes for example. Killing it in the NRL. The storm don't look like a side that have lost arguably the best players of this era Cronk and Slater. While Bellamy is a special talent, it is a coaches job to get the best out of the players. Bellamy week in week out consistently gets the best out of ALL his players.
Our players and team have potential but they just aren't performing. I'm prepared to be patient with Pay but I don't know how long for. I'm as pissed off as anyone.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look at what Folkesy did with that 98 team they didn't have much talent at all and he managed to make them more the competitive!
Exactly my point . I don’t think pay has it in him to make this squad competitive

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I was never convinced that Pay was the long term answer. But I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.. And with the last few weeks of the season we all had renewed enthusiasm..

Well, how quickly all of that changed. Pay has proven that he's out of his element, doesn't have the tactical nous and doesn't recruit well at all..

The lack of line speed and constant use of block plays is hurting the team massively. As are many of the bizarre team selections...

Obviously we lack talent but Pay recruited some of these guys and isn't playing some of our better prospects and instead persisting with proven mediocrity just like Des did. And like Des, Pay is not a good enough coach to make adjustments. Either he's too stubborn or incapable...

The club needs a breath of fresh air. Right now the stench is so strong that no player or coach wants to have anything to do with the rabble that is our beloved and once revered club.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I haven't called for his head yet and hope I don't in the future.

The thing that sticks out to me though is the performances at the end of last year, what happened to that potential? We may not have had much in the cap when we did buy the few players we did BUT why didn't we use what we had to buy a decent hooker instead of the thousand backrowers we always get. A good hooker is vital and something you can build a team around. I guess those games at the end of last season artificially inflated our true level and gave us false hope into this year. I never thought we would do much but I thought we would be way better then what we are...….

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I haven't called for his head yet and hope I don't in the future.

The thing that sticks out to me though is the performances at the end of last year, what happened to that potential? We may not have had much in the cap when we did buy the few players we did BUT why didn't we use what we had to buy a decent hooker instead of the thousand backrowers we always get. A good hooker is vital and something you can build a team around. I guess those games at the end of last season artificially inflated our true level and gave us false hope into this year. I never thought we would do much but I thought we would be way better then what we are...….
Nab Fab picked it. We had nothing to lose, no pressure!

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Kevin Walters
Trent Barrett
Hook

Fk i would take any of them they all have some semblance of what a coach should do ie basics
KW knows a bit i reckon.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
SG had success because he had a team full of large humans who are hard to contain at that level, but many of them are yet to reproduce at the top level... We weren't the best attacking team in the comp or anything like that and they had shocking discipline and still do. Not sure if he is the answer
He deserves a shot just like Dymock did. Short term at least.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Backing the team and coach through loyalty to ones team is one thing within reason, but when will all the excuses stop??? When will the free rides be over??? Opposition teams will all be lining up to bend us over.......because let's face it, they can!!!! We are just that terrible.

Last edited:

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
swap one rookie coach for another... then what? move him on? if we were to replace Dean, it would have to be with an experienced coach because a rookie coach with an inexperienced roster (bar a few) is always going to do it tough

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
FFS we've only play 2 games. I'm not going to lie, things aren't looking good, and we're likely to lose against the Tigers this Sunday, but there is NO COACH in the game who can get us out of this mess this year. Sack Pay and put whoever you want in, IT WON'T CHANGE. Pay is doing the best job that can possibly be done with the players he has, with the resources he has, and with the cap space (if any) he has.

Everyone here knows that Hasler's stuff-up cost the club any chance of signing a decent player until 2020 (for the 2021 season) so we are still in it for a tough 2 years. This year is a write-off - all we can hope for is avoiding the spoon.

What I'm hoping for this year... is a few more passenger players to be released, and *hopefully* we can sign a decent player for next year, and by decent player, I mean a leader, and then begin rebuilding for 2020/21 from there. If we avoid the spoon in the process, that's a bonus.

For now though to all those who are calling for Pays head knowing it won't change a thing, I've got 3 words for you... SUCK IT UP!
I'm with you on this one too mate. It was inevitable that these sack pay threads were going to be posted today. But as you say, it really won't make any difference at all. We are clearly lacking quality in a number of positions, and sadly our backups are not any better. So we are stuck between a rock and a hard place.
I'm lost for words for Crichton. I never saw him play for Penrif, and he has shown fuck all to suggest he can contribute anything to our team this year. He has been a massive let down for mine. I really thought he would have some good leg drive to bust tackles given his build, but he just gets dominated every time.
Napa had a better game this week, and CHN continues to not really have a massive impact. Perhaps he should start. RFM has that awkward body shape that tired defenders may struggle with coming on off the bench.
As @Garrett said, if those two intercepts were not thrown it's a 24-16 scoreline. And if the first intercept found our player instead it could even have been 24-22 and a very different ball game.
I realise these are just what ifs, but honestly, at least they were trying to score points and get themselves back into the game. So for me, as bad as the final score looked, it could easily have been a different story.
In all disclosure though, I turned the TV off with 5-10 mins left. Something I never do. I'm as pissed off as everyone is about our pathetic start to the season. A season which I definitely thought showed a lot of promise. These are thought times as a Bulldogs supporter.
There are too many weaknesses in our side for any coach to suddenly and miraculously change for the better. We just have to stay positive and hope it will improve. I'm sure the players are finding this incredibly difficult to manage as well.

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The only way to save our season is decisive action now.
The evidence that Pay is not NRL calibre has been building for the past 18 months.
The last 2 weeks has simply confirmed it, any delay is kicking the can up the street.

We are in for some pain, how long depend on how long they take to sake Pay.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
yeah this is going to be like newcastle, get used to it

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i wouldn't sack him but lets say worst case scenario plays out and we win 1-2 games, regardless of all the excuses you can make for him, how can possibly justify extending his deal ? i get he has had a hard job but you don't sign new deals just because others may have been just as poor, you gotta show somthing and he is struggling as much as the players but i think he atleast deserves the season

Dogsofwar74

Waterboy
Reaction score
FFS we've only play 2 games. I'm not going to lie, things aren't looking good, and we're likely to lose against the Tigers this Sunday, but there is NO COACH in the game who can get us out of this mess this year. Sack Pay and put whoever you want in, IT WON'T CHANGE. Pay is doing the best job that can possibly be done with the players he has, with the resources he has, and with the cap space (if any) he has.

Everyone here knows that Hasler's stuff-up cost the club any chance of signing a decent player until 2020 (for the 2021 season) so we are still in it for a tough 2 years. This year is a write-off - all we can hope for is avoiding the spoon.

What I'm hoping for this year... is a few more passenger players to be released, and *hopefully* we can sign a decent player for next year, and by decent player, I mean a leader, and then begin rebuilding for 2020/21 from there. If we avoid the spoon in the process, that's a bonus.

For now though to all those who are calling for Pays head knowing it won't change a thing, I've got 3 words for you... SUCK IT UP!
Maybe you are right that another coach could not get the team out of this mess. There is not another coach who could have got them in this mess either!
The Des excuse is DEAD. Des did not get rid of Klemmer or the Morris twins or Mbye or Woods. Des did not waste money buying players and play them in NSW cup. The dogs are still paying players who are now at other clubs.
The reason the team is in the position its in today is because of decisions made by Pay.
He will not see out the year.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pointless thread.

Pay is so far off where he should be and if he only makes minimal changes and cops another embarrassment, quiet sure the club will be implementing their contingency plan.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Maybe you are right that another coach could not get the team out of this mess. There is not another coach who could have got them in this mess either!
The Des excuse is DEAD. Des did not get rid of Klemmer or the Morris twins or Mbye or Woods. Des did not waste money buying players and play them in NSW cup. The dogs are still paying players who are now at other clubs.
The reason the team is in the position its in today is because of decisions made by Pay.
He will not see out the year.
Dean is cleaning up the mess Des left behind, it WILL take years to fix his stuff up. Mbye and Woods are USELESS. They needed to go. The Morris twins are past their best, and Klemmer wanted to leave FFS.

Doggone1975

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Alot of fans were behind pay towards the end of last season... We were playing good football. I'm not jumping ship any time soon but fuck me we have been hammered first 2 games.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
no marquee coach will touch us for 2 more years as they dont want there reputation tarnished by their inability to sign anyone. Will take us 5 years to get over this mess but Pay is the best coach at this point in time. That said I really want Pay to bite the bullet on certain players like Montoya and Lichaa ... they have been given free passes to play week on week and frankly they are shit

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sacking Pay won’t fix anything and will only feed the MSM trolls.

That being said, changes are needed now. Fingers on just ran at Holland repeatedly, knowing he’s a turnstile on the left.

Surely Hoppa or CHN will be left centre this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.