To all those who want Pay sacked...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Klemmer + Morris + Morris come to mind. That's talent and experience right there. We need had problems scoring on the Morris bros flank, we do not.

And Klemmer was an enforcer who other players feared running at them. Love him or hate him, he is a loss for us.
Does anyone really know why we didn't keep the Morris brothers?
And please not the 2 year thing, they are better players than what we will have over the next two seasons.
Also I heard Brett is playing on a minimum NRL contract at the Roosters? that can't be correct!

Was it Pay or the board or joint decision who decided to move Brett & Josh on?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I have always been in Dean's corner mainly out of sheer blind loyalty but my eyes are opening. I will always respect the man and oppose people for calling him a "dumb ****" for example.

Yes, he has been given a disaster of a cap to work with no doubt, but I think it's time to start separating the coach from the coaching.

Emotion aside I'm not sure Pay is displaying the strategical nous to ever be a top coach or the coach we need going forward.

I have stated that we should wait till week 8 before making a decision on his future and I stand by that. We will surely know by then.

I don't know much about Georgallis as a coach but am willing to learn from those who favour him as a replacement.

@ASSASSIN
As always I respect your opinion, but he really is dumb and not a coach.

He is drowning bro, he has no idea what to do. I don't need to respect him when he is hurting our team more than helping and just because he played for us isn't enough to save his arse.

My nail in the coffin for was yesterday, even before the high-performance on the field when he said it was an honor to be named in the Parra team of the century.

Instead of throwing our drowning team of reserve graders life savers, he is throwing cinder blocks to them.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Assistants should be loyal and seek their opportunities elsewhere.

It really bemuses me that people think Georgallis doesn't already have his fingerprints on this side.
Like I've said 100 times, SG is mentioned as he is the only REALISTIC option we have at the moment.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
And please not the 2 year thing, they are better players than what we will have over the next two seasons.
Also I heard Brett is playing on a minimum NRL contract at the Roosters? that can't be correct!

Their fate was decided before we had money from Klemmer. The 2 year thing aswell as no money at that time.
If Klemmer left beforehand it may have been a different story..

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Kevin Moore looks like Bellamy next to this guy!

At least KM got coach of year first season in charge didn’t he!
I think Kevin Moore was lucky in that first year in getting a good group of players, many of whom had played together elsewhere previously (Ennis, Stagg, Hannant).

He was good at selling the club because he attracted others like Pritchard, probably would have done well in another capacity in the club.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did Dean have much say in moving the Morris twins on?

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Like I've said 100 times, SG is mentioned as he is the only REALISTIC option we have at the moment.
SG had success because he had a team full of large humans who are hard to contain at that level, but many of them are yet to reproduce at the top level... We weren't the best attacking team in the comp or anything like that and they had shocking discipline and still do. Not sure if he is the answer

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
FFS we've only play 2 games. I'm not going to lie, things aren't looking good, and we're likely to lose against the Tigers this Sunday, but there is NO COACH in the game who can get us out of this mess this year. Sack Pay and put whoever you want in, IT WON'T CHANGE. Pay is doing the best job that can possibly be done with the players he has, with the resources he has, and with the cap space (if any) he has.

Everyone here knows that Hasler's stuff-up cost the club any chance of signing a decent player until 2020 (for the 2021 season) so we are still in it for a tough 2 years. This year is a write-off - all we can hope for is avoiding the spoon.

What I'm hoping for this year... is a few more passenger players to be released, and *hopefully* we can sign a decent player for next year, and by decent player, I mean a leader, and then begin rebuilding for 2020/21 from there. If we avoid the spoon in the process, that's a bonus.

For now though to all those who are calling for Pays head knowing it won't change a thing, I've got 3 words for you... SUCK IT UP!
I agree with you. I put a bet on them to make the top 8 and really i had to get the guy at the tab to do it for me lol because i had no idea dont usually bet. But its too early with this rebuild its going to take time and as much i was pissed off at the game yesterday just want pay to pick form players and have a go for now and be competitive that will do me

Last edited:

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think it’s best if we start looking elsewhere.. the next few games we will still be looking for our 1st win! And it will really get heated. He won’t last much longer surely...!!

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Re-signing them would have probably kept us out of the market for some decent centres this year. In terms of rebuilding the roster I think it was the right move. I doubt holland and Montoya are in the clubs plans for next year

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Pay is dead set lucky that we are in a "rebuilding phase" right now. Otherwise he would be out already after those pathetic performances. That is the only thing saving him at the moment.

Everyone knows that we have a shit squad. However he knew the Morris boys were leaving over the summer. That was a massive hole to plug. We needed to look on the market for any outside backs. So what does he do? He buys CHN, Sue and drops Rhys Martin. Brings in Chrichton who is the modern day NOT winger. Montoya is a circus act. He is coming up with new stuff every game. Yesterday he added dropping a ball over the line without anyone holding him and kicking the ball dead without even looking. Hoppa is the slowest fullback the game has seen in 20 years. Kerrod Holland must have been on steroids in the last 4 weeks of last year.

Our reserves won the comp last year yet none of them get a start after a smashing against the Warrioirs. We hit up one pass off every scrum yesterday. Absolutely no imagination at all. Last week we completed at 90% and got flogged. That is a sad indictment on his coaching. At least Hasler was boring and had a defensive structure to compensate that.

Listening to certain people over the last few years has convinced me that Justin Holbrook should be tried. Nothing to lose.

Getting rid of Pay will not solve our problems, but it will start the real re-build. Because at the moment we are rebuilding a skyscraper with paper mache.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why pay isn't the right man, there are basically two style of coaches , those that make average players over perform and be competitive and those that can have a top squad and take them to the next level .
I think we can say he can't coach average players

The club is in rebuild stage , needs a experience experienced coach that can rebuild a club and get the most out of his players .

Pay has had no experience building a club , look where he had been , Parra with Stuart , couldn't do squat with a shambles club , raiders with Stuart , that squad was pretty much assessmbled, and they made 1 semis in 5 years
He does not have the runs on the board to fix the club up , simple

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wanted to reserve my judgement on Pay until at least 10 rounds in. But after the first two rounds he’s quickly losing my support.
I wouldn’t be blaming him for player recruitment fully as the club has a recruitment and retention committee. Pay doesn’t have the power Des had in retention and recruitment. But he does have a 100% say in team selection, which has been poor in my opinion. I’m 50/50 on Pay! No doubt losing both Morris boys and Klemmer has had a big impact in our performances. To me the team lacks on field leadership. The team needs to learn how to get into the grind and play set for set footy for 80 mins. For 30 mins yesterday they played like a well drilled side, so it’s not like they haven’t been coached properly, they just need to know how to do it for 80 mins. This is mental toughness and proper leadership on the field. We shit ourselves when parra took the lead at 12-10 and started to play catch up footy, hence the two intercepts. In this situation we needed some cool heads on the field to regroup the players and play through the setbacks and fatigue.

Is it Pay? Well yes, he’s the coach, but it’s partly the players as well. There are no excuses for missing one on one tackles and throwing intercept passes. These are what you call coach killers. I really feel for Pay, he just hasn’t had the opportunity to walk into a club with a settled squad with at least some talent like when Moore took over from Folkes.
IMO it’s a bit of both, it’s the coach and the players fault.
Don't get me wrong I'm not saying Pay is solely responsible but I do think think the group of players he has is capable of a lot more then they have shown in the first two games.
I never thought we would be challenging for a premiership this year but I didn't didn't we would be dominated in every aspect like we have been.
Not getting a response from the players yesterday is a huge red flag for mine. Pay didn't make changes to give the players another chance and they repaid him with a shit sandwich.
He has won only 8 games in his career and half of those were at the end of last year in a Lichaa like false dawn.
I want Pay to succeed and would love for him to turn it around and get the team producing something the fans can be proud of but as every game goes by its looking less liking he is the man to lead us forward.
Lets not forget these first 3 games were supposed to be winnable after that the draw gets nasty.........

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why pay isn't the right man, there are basically two style of coaches , those that make average players over perform and be competitive and those that can have a top squad and take them to the next level .
I think we can say he can't coach average players
Look at what Folkesy did with that 98 team they didn't have much talent at all and he managed to make them more the competitive!

Reactions: Lex

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
SG had success because he had a team full of large humans who are hard to contain at that level, but many of them are yet to reproduce at the top level... We weren't the best attacking team in the comp or anything like that and they had shocking discipline and still do. Not sure if he is the answer
He may not be the answer, he may be too. I'm willing to give him those year as a caretaker, it will prove if he is another dud or a better replacement for the fraud.

Status
Not open for further replies.