Opinion Full Metal Racket // Short Fast Loud

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Possibly one of the best shows I’ve ever seen.
Sigh don't say that. I went to the Roots gig, was it better than that? Couldn't justify this after Download and flying to Brissie for 2 gigs (and leaving our baby with my wife)

Berries

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Going through some old school concerts of slayer from 1986.

Apart from the fact that they used to open with Reign In Blood and Angel of Death back to back listen to this ***** double bass kick at 7:07 minutes, legit sounds like a machine gun.

Ted Nü-Djent

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sigh don't say that. I went to the Roots gig, was it better than that? Couldn't justify this after Download and flying to Brissie for 2 gigs (and leaving our baby with my wife)
I didn’t go to The Roots tour.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep. The Roots gig was excellent but Max could barely walk at that stage. He lost a crap load of weight so he was actually moving around the stage, amd the music was brilliant. Beneath the Remains then Arise. Pure thrash goodness. Then they topped it off with some Chaos AD.

Ted Nü-Djent

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep. The Roots gig was excellent but Max could barely walk at that stage. He lost a crap load of weight so he was actually moving around the stage, amd the music was brilliant. Beneath the Remains then Arise. Pure thrash goodness. Then they topped it off with some Chaos AD.
Not to mention when he referred to them as the “real fucking Sepultura”. Unless he did it before.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Going through some old school concerts of slayer from 1986.

Apart from the fact that they used to open with Reign In Blood and Angel of Death back to back listen to this ***** double bass kick at 7:07 minutes, legit sounds like a machine gun.

It is wild watching this. Tom's voice sounds so good, seeing Jeff again is excellent and Kerry is totally unrecognisable.

Man the Roots gig doesn't even seem that long ago >.>

Glad to hear he lost weight!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Not sure who is taking the piss more. Dean Pay with this weeks team, OR Static-X asking $60 + Booking Fee to see them, Wednesday13 and Dope at the Metro.

Berries

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
It is wild watching this. Tom's voice sounds so good, seeing Jeff again is excellent and Kerry is totally unrecognisable.

Man the Roots gig doesn't even seem that long ago >.>

Glad to hear he lost weight!
Yeah, its amazing to actually hear Slayer with finger picked bass. This apparently is the concert in NYC that the fans rioted after and destroyed the venue and outside and were never allowed back.

Ted Nü-Djent

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure who is taking the piss more. Dean Pay with this weeks team, OR Static-X asking $60 + Booking Fee to see them, Wednesday13 and Dope at the Metro.
$60 is pretty cheap. Don't know why anyone would see them without Wayne though.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The band still has Rob Flynn in it though.
That's true but to watch them play that album in its entirety would gold no filler of a catalogue full of shit.they will test the waters in Europe then announced an oz tour then announce they will do a new album, meanwhile adam duece is kicking his bedroom door calling everyone *****

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah Faith No More and Soundgarden at Horden were only like $30 from memory.
Korn, Static-X, Disturbed, and someone else at Ent Cent was $50.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Checked out Andy James latest album "Arrival" today. For a bloke with a guitar and no vocals it's amazing....

Reminds me of the greats like Michael Angel Batio how he can just make a single instrument sing and soar.

On the flipside Gus G's album fell flat for me.