To all those who want Pay sacked...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I rather an experienced coach signed on a 4 year deal who we know can get us out of this mess.

Pay isnt the answer

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I wanted to reserve my judgement on Pay until at least 10 rounds in. But after the first two rounds he’s quickly losing my support.
I wouldn’t be blaming him for player recruitment fully as the club has a recruitment and retention committee. Pay doesn’t have the power Des had in retention and recruitment. But he does have a 100% say in team selection, which has been poor in my opinion. I’m 50/50 on Pay! No doubt losing both Morris boys and Klemmer has had a big impact in our performances. To me the team lacks on field leadership. The team needs to learn how to get into the grind and play set for set footy for 80 mins. For 30 mins yesterday they played like a well drilled side, so it’s not like they haven’t been coached properly, they just need to know how to do it for 80 mins. This is mental toughness and proper leadership on the field. We shit ourselves when parra took the lead at 12-10 and started to play catch up footy, hence the two intercepts. In this situation we needed some cool heads on the field to regroup the players and play through the setbacks and fatigue.

Is it Pay? Well yes, he’s the coach, but it’s partly the players as well. There are no excuses for missing one on one tackles and throwing intercept passes. These are what you call coach killers. I really feel for Pay, he just hasn’t had the opportunity to walk into a club with a settled squad with at least some talent like when Moore took over from Folkes.
IMO it’s a bit of both, it’s the coach and the players fault.
Very well said.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I always thought he would be too old school for the modern game.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt because of what he inherited last year but sadly I think it's Kevin Moore v2.0.
Kevin Moore looks like Bellamy next to this guy!

At least KM got coach of year first season in charge didn’t he!

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I wanted to reserve my judgement on Pay until at least 10 rounds in. But after the first two rounds he’s quickly losing my support.
I wouldn’t be blaming him for player recruitment fully as the club has a recruitment and retention committee. Pay doesn’t have the power Des had in retention and recruitment. But he does have a 100% say in team selection, which has been poor in my opinion. I’m 50/50 on Pay! No doubt losing both Morris boys and Klemmer has had a big impact in our performances. To me the team lacks on field leadership. The team needs to learn how to get into the grind and play set for set footy for 80 mins. For 30 mins yesterday they played like a well drilled side, so it’s not like they haven’t been coached properly, they just need to know how to do it for 80 mins. This is mental toughness and proper leadership on the field. We shit ourselves when parra took the lead at 12-10 and started to play catch up footy, hence the two intercepts. In this situation we needed some cool heads on the field to regroup the players and play through the setbacks and fatigue.

Is it Pay? Well yes, he’s the coach, but it’s partly the players as well. There are no excuses for missing one on one tackles and throwing intercept passes. These are what you call coach killers. I really feel for Pay, he just hasn’t had the opportunity to walk into a club with a settled squad with at least some talent like when Moore took over from Folkes.
IMO it’s a bit of both, it’s the coach and the players fault.
Spot on.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
After seeing what the tigers did to the warriors on the weekend Im not watching that match.I just think pay is the wrong coach for this side,we have a rookie coach trying to get the best out of a pretty ordinary roster and its not working.This is the dumbest bulldogs side I have ever seen they need a coach that knows what hes doing.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
With the greatest respect
We were all bagging out Des and his safety first game plan

Pay has come in and encourage the boys to play what they see.

Getting the right balance is difficult.

I was more angry with Pay use of the bench.

He changed 3 players when not needed
When we had momentum

That was a bad call
I know you have respect my bro, but Des is gone, the questions I asked are still valid for Parra team of the century player.

Sure we don't have money but it was Pay who worsened our team, has no game plan and has NFI about bench rotation.

If we had fuck all knowledge and results in our real jobs, would we last in our jobs as long as this fraud has?

There is zero evidence that we can improve, let alone zero evidence that these shit ***** are even trying to play for the fraud.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I have avoided being critical of pay knowing the shit storm that des left behind and the lack of real talent in our side,but what I have seen in the last two games runs deeper than lack of talent,our attack is a fucking shambles and the majority of our players are unable or unwilling to make basic reads in defence.we have no shape in our attack and no communication in defence.Yesterdays game was the last straw for mine,Pay has got to go.

You know what all these issues you mentioned are not going to get fixed over night this is why this year is fucken cactus . You need an entire off season to over come these problems. No one , even Bellamy can not fix the problems you mentioned mid season.
This is where I believe pay is a dud cos he completely failed to recognise the problems with our roster let alone fix it when he had the entire off season to work with.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The administration should have went for a coach with years of experience not a coach who learnt of Ricky Stewart, Pay needs to go and yes I thought he was right for the dogs but he isn't, give him 3 more games if we lose all 3 then sack him and bring in a coach who has more experience and even though a lot of these players are reserve graders good coaches bring them up to Fg level these coaches get the best out of these players, i.e Bellamy, Bennett and Robinson.
And considering these coaches aren't available there surely must be a coach who is available to step in and start bringing making these players Fg material.
Also after being flogged by the warriors you would think that the players would tackle their arses of to show pride but no as usual they threw the towel in and must be held accountable by being dropped to the lower grade, some supporters say it's Pay some say it's the players some say it's both but next Sunday if the players can't run hard, tackle hard and show the tigers that the Bulldogs aren't pushovers then they should quit and let a player who is willing to put their body on the line to win at all costs because our team the Bulldogs are supposed to be the benchmark for ferociousesness and toughness not a team that gives up.

IRON AIDEN

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
There was a moment in the game where lichaa and Lewis got mixed up and Foran had to kick on he last which resulted in 7 tackles for the Eels. It’s scenarios like this which have plagued us last year and again this year which you think Pay has to be responsible for.

Sack Garbo Pay

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You know what all these issues you mentioned are not going to get fixed over night this is why this year is fucken cactus . You need an entire off season to over come these problems. No one , even Bellamy can not fix the problems you mentioned mid season.
This is where I believe pay is a dud cos he completely failed to recognise the problems with our roster let alone fix it when he had the entire off season to work with.
you are right our issues are bigger than just the coach but I guarantee a Bellamy coached side would not have put in back to back performances like that.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bull shit... Pay is 100% responsible.

Last year we finished on some really strong form. A platform to build on for the future. All that was needed in the off season was to focus on the style that was played late last year, along with players improving combinations and making sure the guys were 100% fit.. Put this in theory and at worst we avoid coming last this season.

What happens in the off season was completely the opposite.

FOCUS on 2018 STYLE. Pay brings in a niff nuff (Steve James) from school boy rugby to break down the style and focus on passing skills. Stupidity right there. Even Junky Johns can't see a game plan.

IMPROVE COMBINATIONS. Pay splits up the right side of Holland Jackson and smith that was dominating. Essentially weakening one side to weaken another...more stupidity. On top of that drops Martin who is pretty much the only bloke that runs into space offering something to the playmakers.

FITNESS. This is laid bare for everyone to see. We are not even close to fit. Hence 76 points scored against us in 2 games. Blokes can't keep up. Falling off tackles left right and centre. Why would pay treat the fitness component with such contempt. Does he not realise that this is an elite competition? We can use 1 40min trial as an argument but it's more than that. These guys look like they have had only 4 weeks of aerobic training.

Let's not get onto recruitment...sue is shocking. Offers nothing on what we already have in Ogden or Toomaga.

Notably we don't have klemmer or Morris boys but Klemmer was not on hand last year when we thumped Broncos and Morris boys albeit may have stopped 1 try yesterday but they would not void 76 points scored against us.

Sick of the excuses. Pay fucked up things in the off season and must accept responsibility.

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
There was a moment in the game where lichaa and Lewis got mixed up and Foran had to kick on he last which resulted in 7 tackles for the Eels. It’s scenarios like this which have plagued us last year and again this year which you think Pay has to be responsible for.

Sack Garbo Pay
That's a great example of when Pay's not to blame.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
I have always been in Dean's corner mainly out of sheer blind loyalty but my eyes are opening. I will always respect the man and oppose people for calling him a "dumb ****" for example.

Yes, he has been given a disaster of a cap to work with no doubt, but I think it's time to start separating the coach from the coaching.

Emotion aside I'm not sure Pay is displaying the strategical nous to ever be a top coach or the coach we need going forward.

I have stated that we should wait till week 8 before making a decision on his future and I stand by that. We will surely know by then.

I don't know much about Georgallis as a coach but am willing to learn from those who favour him as a replacement.

@ASSASSIN

Last edited:

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Klemmer + Morris + Morris come to mind. That's talent and experience right there. We need had problems scoring on the Morris bros flank, we do not.

And Klemmer was an enforcer who other players feared running at them. Love him or hate him, he is a loss for us.
Thats three players, we retained the bulk of the side that whipped the Dragons arse at Kogarah last year and need the same attitude and preparation this year, Martin has to be there and Napa has to bring his SOO boots.
Nothing is not fixable.

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Interim coach after week 8 maybe.
Assistants should be loyal and seek their opportunities elsewhere.

It really bemuses me that people think Georgallis doesn't already have his fingerprints on this side.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Bull shit... Pay is 100% responsible.

Last year we finished on some really strong form. A platform to build on for the future. All that was needed in the off season was to focus on the style that was played late last year, along with players improving combinations and making sure the guys were 100% fit.. Put this in theory and at worst we avoid coming last this season.

What happens in the off season was completely the opposite.

FOCUS on 2018 STYLE. Pay brings in a niff nuff (Steve James) from school boy rugby to break down the style and focus on passing skills. Stupidity right there. Even Junky Johns can't see a game plan.

IMPROVE COMBINATIONS. Pay splits up the right side of Holland Jackson and smith that was dominating. Essentially weakening one side to weaken another...more stupidity. On top of that drops Martin who is pretty much the only bloke that runs into space offering something to the playmakers.

FITNESS. This is laid bare for everyone to see. We are not even close to fit. Hence 76 points scored against us in 2 games. Blokes can't keep up. Falling off tackles left right and centre. Why would pay treat the fitness component with such contempt. Does he not realise that this is an elite competition? We can use 1 40min trial as an argument but it's more than that. These guys look like they have had only 4 weeks of aerobic training.

Let's not get onto recruitment...sue is shocking. Offers nothing on what we already have in Ogden or Toomaga.

Notably we don't have klemmer or Morris boys but Klemmer was not on hand last year when we thumped Broncos and Morris boys albeit may have stopped 1 try yesterday but they would not void 76 points scored against us.

Sick of the excuses. Pay fucked up things in the off season and must accept responsibility.

couldnt have put any better.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Assistants should be loyal and seek their opportunities elsewhere.

It really bemuses me that people think Georgallis doesn't already have his fingerprints on this side.
As I said mate, I don't know much about him. But the assistant would usually step up if the head was sacked, at least for the rest of the year.

Not that I think they will sack him.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Kevin Walters
Trent Barrett
Hook

Fk i would take any of them they all have some semblance of what a coach should do ie basics

Status
Not open for further replies.