To all those who want Pay sacked...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Remember last 4 games we won , klemmer missed 2 of them and we had no Morris boys and no Mbye and no woods and no Foran.

You are saying that Was that a fluke.... may be it was cos it was definitely not PAY.

We are capable of winning but no one is “coaching” these guys how to win
Woods and Mbye didn't give anything to the team. They were part of Des's master plan. In order to rebuild for the future, we needed to let go of the older players - Klemmer is a different kettle of fish.

Imagine a new sky-scraper being built in the city. You know how for 3 years the entire area is dirty, there are a lot of disruptions and hassles, people are bitter and angry at the construction site? We've all experienced that. My friend, that is the Bulldogs today - a construction site (re-building phase). There are disruptions and hassles, people are angry, and the club has seen better days, but getting clean is a dirty task.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Credit to you wahesh because you supported Pay and you're sticking to that.

I don't agree but I respect what you're saying.

There's quite a few who supported Pay pre season now creating threads calling for his head, at least you're not a hypocrite.
I agree CBB, I was one who was willing to give pay the benefit of the doubt, however nothing I have seen so far is giving me any confidence .. I hope wahesh is right .. but there is more worrying signs this year than last ..

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Who panic bought all our shit recruits? Who still doesn't have any structure or game plan? Who still doesn't know how to use the bench?
Oooo I know the answer, pick me

Lol

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
I was with pay till last week but I am not blind.
I’m waiting till the tigers game before anything.
Pay gave the boys a chance to redeem themselves and they failed.
So now pay has to put the best team on the park or his a failure and not a coach.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Who throws intercept passes, who doesnt make an effort at marker. I agree some of the decisions Pay is making are very questionable, but sometimes just sometimes the players need to take some accountability also.
Although, If Pay selects same team again and doesnt fix up his bench roatations he will need to think about another career path.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I have avoided being critical of pay knowing the shit storm that des left behind and the lack of real talent in our side,but what I have seen in the last two games runs deeper than lack of talent,our attack is a fucking shambles and the majority of our players are unable or unwilling to make basic reads in defence.we have no shape in our attack and no communication in defence.Yesterdays game was the last straw for mine,Pay has got to go.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
I have avoided being critical of pay knowing the shit storm that des left behind and the lack of real talent in our side,but what I have seen in the last two games runs deeper than lack of talent,our attack is a fucking shambles and the majority of our players are unable or unwilling to make basic reads in defence.we have no shape in our attack and no communication in defence.Yesterdays game was the last straw for mine,Pay has got to go.
You should wait for the tigers game before you give up, pay is a gentleman and gave the team a second chance, now he has no option but to go forward and put the best team down.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I was with pay till last week but I am not blind.
I always thought he would be too old school for the modern game.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt because of what he inherited last year but sadly I think it's Kevin Moore v2.0.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes I know we can blame des and co for the mess we’re in. But how much longer can we use that excuse? Yesterday was horrible. Our edge defence was horrible.

It’s up to the coach to put defensive structures in place. Yes the players attitude needs to be better. But fuck me yesterday we kicked to Ferguson nearly all day. Every time he ran back he was full pelt running over guys making metres and starting there sets off. Would you not fucking kick to the other winger? He had made 2 early errors and confidence was shot. But hey keep kicking to Ferguson.
Yep we a bumb as dogshit rugby league team.
Case in point two intercept trys.

DogzPride

Waterboy
Reaction score
Heres an idea which im probably going to get booed for. WHY doesn't Chris Anderson step in and help out or even bloody take over the coaching role and step down from the Directors position. Christ is an EXPERIENCED winning premiership coach and is respected Bulldogs legend, lets face it it, couldn't bloody hurt !!!!

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Credit to you wahesh because you supported Pay and you're sticking to that.

I don't agree but I respect what you're saying.

There's quite a few who supported Pay pre season now creating threads calling for his head, at least you're not a hypocrite.
Is that a problem is it? Those supporting Pay during the pre-season did so based on what, overall, was an honourable effort to lift and improve the side towards the end of last season, despite the ridiculous obstacles faced. We came into round 1, like Pay and the playing group, expecting to build on that, to improve and to be really competitive. In the last 2 weeks, we've been smashed by teams we should've had a reasonable opportunity to beat. If some people are wavering in their support, having spent the summer defending Pay from those weirdly death-riding him, aren't they perfectly entitled to? Far from being hypocritical, isn't it obvious?

I love Pay and want him to succeed. He deserves next week to make some changes and deliver us a competitive performance. We don't have to win for him to keep his job. But no coach or leader can or should survive repeated humiliations.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yes, Pay was left a mess but he still has had a say on the roster. With limited money to spend you have to get it right more then you get it wrong. Signing players like Crichton, Sue and CHN hasn’t helped the situation and doesn’t give you much confidence that he has a eye for talent moving forward. I should clarify CHN is listed there more for the fact he is a backrower when we already had a glut of them while having glearing weaknesses elsewhere.

With a roster down on talent then fitness and attitude should be the highest priorities to get right and so far it’s a massive fail on both of those. That falls directly on Pay no matter what the roster is. It honestly looks like they did nothing in the off season besides moving players out of positions that worked last year.

Pay has plenty to answer for and to write it off saying his roster is garbage is a cop out. He needs to fix things fast just to get the team competitive in games!
I wanted to reserve my judgement on Pay until at least 10 rounds in. But after the first two rounds he’s quickly losing my support.
I wouldn’t be blaming him for player recruitment fully as the club has a recruitment and retention committee. Pay doesn’t have the power Des had in retention and recruitment. But he does have a 100% say in team selection, which has been poor in my opinion. I’m 50/50 on Pay! No doubt losing both Morris boys and Klemmer has had a big impact in our performances. To me the team lacks on field leadership. The team needs to learn how to get into the grind and play set for set footy for 80 mins. For 30 mins yesterday they played like a well drilled side, so it’s not like they haven’t been coached properly, they just need to know how to do it for 80 mins. This is mental toughness and proper leadership on the field. We shit ourselves when parra took the lead at 12-10 and started to play catch up footy, hence the two intercepts. In this situation we needed some cool heads on the field to regroup the players and play through the setbacks and fatigue.

Is it Pay? Well yes, he’s the coach, but it’s partly the players as well. There are no excuses for missing one on one tackles and throwing intercept passes. These are what you call coach killers. I really feel for Pay, he just hasn’t had the opportunity to walk into a club with a settled squad with at least some talent like when Moore took over from Folkes.
IMO it’s a bit of both, it’s the coach and the players fault.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Who panic bought all our shit recruits? Who still doesn't have any structure or game plan? Who still doesn't know how to use the bench?
With the greatest respect
We were all bagging out Des and his safety first game plan

Pay has come in and encourage the boys to play what they see.

Getting the right balance is difficult.

I was more angry with Pay use of the bench.

He changed 3 players when not needed
When we had momentum

That was a bad call

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
The issue isn't being under the cap, the issue is no cap space to sign players in positins that are needed.
We have $1m cap space right now. Its a qn of the available talent.
Pay needs to focus purely now on Defence. Move players back to their familiar positions, hunt as a pack, slow down the play the ball> giving away penalties is better than conceding tries. JMK wasnt the answer yesterday. Liccha is a better defender. Forward roster look small compared to other teams...bring in Ogden. Defence and fitness the key to reviving some pride.

Status
Not open for further replies.