To all those who want Pay sacked...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
FFS we've only played 2 games. I'm not going to lie, things aren't looking good, and we're likely to lose against the Tigers this Sunday, but there is NO COACH in the game who can get us out of this mess this year. Sack Pay and put whoever you want in, IT WON'T CHANGE. Pay is doing the best job that can possibly be done with the players he has, with the resources he has, and with the cap space (if any) he has.

Everyone here knows that Hasler's stuff-up cost the club any chance of signing a decent player until 2020 (for the 2021 season) so we are still in it for a tough 2 years. This year is a write-off - all we can hope for is avoiding the spoon.

What I'm hoping for this year... is a few more passenger players to be released, and *hopefully* we can sign a decent player for next year, and by decent player, I mean a leader, and then begin rebuilding for 2020/21 from there. If we avoid the spoon in the process, that's a bonus.

For now though to all those who are calling for Pays head knowing it won't change a thing, I've got 3 words for you... SUCK IT UP!

Last edited:

Wahesh

Reaction score
You could put Bellamy in the coaches box and our team would still be shit. They're physically reserve grade material.
That's the message that I'm trying to convey.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yea brother, I think some supporters, myself included have been way too harsh on the playing group. Self interest from managers and the previous board have put us in a bad position

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Personally aiming a bit higher than that. Would like to see us bring some youngsters through. Give game time to those who want to give it a shake.

We need a win or at the very least a decent performance to shake off the nerves. So much pressure on the playing group at the moment, we need some of the boys to step up and be men in all of this. Hopefully this experience will create a few leaders that we didn't think we had before.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Other than the fact the club is STILL paying part of Woods & Mybe contracts for this season there is no problem with the cap.
We are under the cap.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes, Pay was left a mess but he still has had a say on the roster. With limited money to spend you have to get it right more then you get it wrong. Signing players like Crichton, Sue and CHN hasn’t helped the situation and doesn’t give you much confidence that he has a eye for talent moving forward. I should clarify CHN is listed there more for the fact he is a backrower when we already had a glut of them while having glearing weaknesses elsewhere.

With a roster down on talent then fitness and attitude should be the highest priorities to get right and so far it’s a massive fail on both of those. That falls directly on Pay no matter what the roster is. It honestly looks like they did nothing in the off season besides moving players out of positions that worked last year.

Pay has plenty to answer for and to write it off saying his roster is garbage is a cop out. He needs to fix things fast just to get the team competitive in games!

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Other than the fact the club is STILL paying part of Woods & Mybe contracts for this season there is no problem with the cap.
We are under the cap.
Why did we let them go again

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
So pay had the luxury of full off season + no injuries + new recruits and he is performing worst than last year when we had injured Foran (our play maker) no Mbye no woods no klemmer all missing in the back end of the season.

I am certain pay has no idea what he is doing that is why he keep playing Montoya. A dead wooden plank would provide better value than Montoya .

And don’t talk to me about the fitness level of this team, they are looking worse than des’s team when it comes to stamina and that des team played like busted asses.

Wahesh

Reaction score
So pay had the luxury of full off season + no injuries + new recruits and he is performing worst than last year when we had injured Foran (our play maker) no Mbye no woods no klemmer all missing in the back end of the season.

I am certain pay has no idea what he is doing that is why he keep playing Montoya. A dead wooden plank would provide better value than Montoya .

And don’t talk to me about the fitness level of this team, they are looking worse than des’s team when it comes to stamina and that des team played like busted asses.
Klemmer + Morris + Morris come to mind. That's talent and experience right there. We have problems scoring on the Morris bros flank now, do we not?

And Klemmer was an enforcer who other players feared running at them. Love him or hate him, he is a loss for us.

Last edited:

Wahesh

Reaction score
We are under the cap.
The issue isn't being under the cap, the issue is no cap space to sign players in positins that are needed.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I know we can blame des and co for the mess we’re in. But how much longer can we use that excuse? Yesterday was horrible. Our edge defence was horrible.

It’s up to the coach to put defensive structures in place. Yes the players attitude needs to be better. But fuck me yesterday we kicked to Ferguson nearly all day. Every time he ran back he was full pelt running over guys making metres and starting there sets off. Would you not fucking kick to the other winger? He had made 2 early errors and confidence was shot. But hey keep kicking to Ferguson.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Credit to you wahesh because you supported Pay and you're sticking to that.

I don't agree but I respect what you're saying.

There's quite a few who supported Pay pre season now creating threads calling for his head, at least you're not a hypocrite.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Klemmer + Morris + Morris come to mind. That's talent and experience right there. We need had problems scoring on the Morris bros flank, we do not.

And Klemmer was an enforcer who other players feared running at them. Love him or hate him, he is a loss for us.
Remember last 4 games we won , klemmer missed 2 of them and we had no Morris boys and no Mbye and no woods and no Foran.

You are saying that Was that a fluke.... may be it was cos it was definitely not PAY.

We are capable of winning but no one is “coaching” these guys how to win

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Credit to you wahesh because you supported Pay and you're sticking to that.

I don't agree but I respect what you're saying.

There's quite a few who supported Pay pre season now creating threads calling for his head, at least you're not a hypocrite.
I was with pay till last week but I am not blind.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We are under the cap.
Barely.
With a team full of reserve graders.

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yea brother, I think some supporters, myself included have been way too harsh on the playing group. Self interest from managers and the previous board have put us in a bad position
I've not handled the last 2 weeks well, either. However, we should be entitled to expect our team to be competitive every game, irrespective of the end result. Especially early in the season when there are no injury or suspension excuses, after having months to prepare.

Status
Not open for further replies.