The Consolidated Cricket Thread

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Great series win, i would have honestly given anyone whatever odds they like we would win from 2-0 down. We are gaining some nice momentum heading into the WC, i would be worried if i was an Indian fan, they seem to have become just too reliant on kohli, when he is out in the middle they can win any game, soon as he is gone they are very vulnerable.

SoulCrusher

Banned
Reaction score
Biggest positive of the series for me is how well Zampa has bowled, even if it was is Indian conditions. It's no secret that spin has been the weak link some strong Aussie ODI teams (ffs at the last two WC's our spinners were Krezja and Doherty) and coming into this series Zampa had a worse ODI record than Maxwell, but if he can take this form into the WC, he might just be the missing piece in our bowling puzzle.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Australia beat Pakistan in the 1st ODI. Finch 116, Marsh 91 not out. Chased down 281 only losing 2 wickets

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
2nd game should be interesting. Pakistan already on the ropes early. But reality (ie: my job tomorrow) means I won't get to see much of the game.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Warner 85 in his 1st IPL game. Great start for him.

Will be interesting to see what they do. You might have to have finch and Warner open and ozzie coming in 1st drop to accommodate all 3. Then Smith 4th and Maxwell 5th. Leaving 6th position between Turner and Stoinis. Handscomb looking like the unlucky one to miss out

BankstownBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow The Aussies and Finch have found form at the right time.
Take a bow Aaron Finch. 153* from 143 balls!

BankstownBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Warner 85 in his 1st IPL game. Great start for him.

Will be interesting to see what they do. You might have to have finch and Warner open and ozzie coming in 1st drop to accommodate all 3. Then Smith 4th and Maxwell 5th. Leaving 6th position between Turner and Stoinis. Handscomb looking like the unlucky one to miss out
And that would also be leaving S.Marsh out who has arguably been our best batsmen since the suspensions of Warner and Smith.

It’s all coming together at the right time.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Horrible scenes in the IPL. Ashwin mankads a set buttler. He intentionally stops halfway through his delivery stride and stops as buttler just leaves his crease thinking the bowl was about to happen. That is disgusting. Poor sportsmanship

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Massive choke from Rajasthan. From 148/2 with 5 overs left roughly to 170/9 to lose by 14

They were home and hosed. Once Steve Smith got out for 20 there was a massive collapse. Should have won comfortably

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Finch top scores for Aus with 90 in the 3rd ODI. Big Show scores 70 odd. Aus score 266.

Cummins has destroyed the top order. After 7 overs Pak is 16/3 with all 3 wickets to Cummins

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Geez finch was 10 runs short of becoming the first aussie to get 3 odi 100's in a row. Who would have picked that sudden form reversal? Same with our team as well, that is 6 in a row now in conditions we often struggle in.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Horrible scenes in the IPL. Ashwin mankads a set buttler. He intentionally stops halfway through his delivery stride and stops as buttler just leaves his crease thinking the bowl was about to happen. That is disgusting. Poor sportsmanship
i know, i read so many people commenting on articles say how its fair game. Shows where cricket is headed really.

A mankad is shit form, even in T20. Fuck, even in 4th grade 5 Dock indoor, you would give the batsman a warning.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
i know, i read so many people commenting on articles say how its fair game. Shows where cricket is headed really.

A mankad is shit form, even in T20. Fuck, even in 4th grade 5 Dock indoor, you would give the batsman a warning.
I remember playing indoor years ago and a guy in our team did the same thing, he copped it from our team and the other lol. It's piss poor form.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I remember playing indoor years ago and a guy in our team did the same thing, he copped it from our team and the other lol. It's piss poor form.
Yeah, in the first instance, the bowler should stand there with ball in hand next to the stumps and give the batsman a smirk and a look to say: "don't do it again". That's the way it has always been.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Dammit, this Paki series in the UAE is flying by, and I keep forgetting its on!

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dammit, this Paki series in the UAE is flying by, and I keep forgetting its on!
We r playing pretty well, finding ways to win and using different players, good to see the big show in the runs.

Haslerhasworms

Kennel Established
Reaction score
While this is still a rule, when does it stop being policed?
I get the sportsmanship line and all that but icc need to get rid of the rule completely or the non strikers have be smarter and stay in crease for half a second longer.
Not that hard really is it?