We are a laughing stock

Dogzzz of War

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the ability and skill set of our current squad. We have reached our maximum potential. It’s not about attitude or desire! They are trying their best. Their best is just very my below first grade standards. It will be a long year and it’s already over.
Spot on.

The boys tried today.

We lost the game in a few passages of play. There is a difference in class, experience, skill level and ability that will result in this team losing more games than it is capable of winning this year.

Our attention should shift from the players to our administration. The calamitous roster situation needs to be rectified. How many more seasons do we need to be able to clean out and bring in a roster that has the right balance of proven players and youth? Most premiership winners have the best rosters, then things like coaching/conditioning/desire come into it. You can’t win a premiership with our roster so we shouldn’t expect it.

Last edited:

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Spot on.

The boys tried today.

We lost the game in a few passages of play. There is a difference in class, experience, skill level and ability that will result in this team losing more games than it is capable of winning this year.

Our attention should shift from the players to our administration. The calamitous roster situation needs to be rectified. How many more seasons do we need to be able to clean out and bring in a roster that has the right balance of proven players and youth? Most premiership winners have the best rosters, then things like coaching/conditioning/desire come into it. You can win a premiership with our roster so we shouldn’t expect it.
5 runs for 37 metres for Jessie sue. He’s not playing to his potential and should be sacked for next week.

40 missed tackles as a team. That’s amateur not even reserve grade level.

Dogzzz of War

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
5 runs for 37 metres for Jessie sue. He’s not playing to his potential and should be sacked for next week.

40 missed tackles as a team. That’s amateur not even reserve grade level.
These stats are a reflection of the teams/players abilities.

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
-76 leaking points in the first two games of the year says a lot!!

1. We are unfit
2. We have the wrong defensive plan
3. No heart or attitude
4. Pay has lost the changing room
5. We have inept players
6. All of the above
I disagree with 2 only. There is no plan ever made in history which would be right for this squad. There would be players in first grade that are scratching their heads at how certain individuals are given a jersey each week much like a lot of us are. If we were the fittest and had the most grit we still probably lose both games but by a smaller margin. INEPT is the word that first comes to mind when someone mentions us. The second is our dopey press conferences. It’s like a repeat of a bad soapy every week. Ever watched an episode of Friends? I compare it to that. Same recycled shit on repeat.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why the f don’t the dogs just give supporters some hope and get josh back home. He isn’t the answer but my god we could use the passion and love he has for the club. Miss the grub
Youve got to be kidding. He isnt the answer you said it yourself and seriously would you rather that waste of space to Lewis? Give yourself an uppercut.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Team full of duds An plodders (bar a few)

Napa
Prince
Foz
hoppa
Harper

Those 5 can all stay.. the rest I couldn’t care less about at this time

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Youve got to be kidding. He isnt the answer you said it yourself and seriously would you rather that waste of space to Lewis? Give yourself an uppercut.
Who said he was replacing Lewis? And why would it be wasting space? It’s known we have some free space in the cap so why not use it on someone who would bring some excitement and passion to the jersey? Maybe the uppercut should be directed at you

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like we need some one like macguire in to coach, Shame he took 1 look at our situation and said no thanks

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We probably need another cull this year and probably need ESL clubs to hopefully take some players off us. But honestly our 2 centres are not NRL standard and in all our back 5 are the smallest in the Comp, everyone talks about the forwards but it’s the backs that start the sets gets us moving forward or backwards in or case.....WE NEED BIG BACKS

FZ1-S

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Last year our FG side had an ordinary season apart from the last five or six games. Our reserve grade team won the GF and the State Challenge Cup and not one play from that team make's our FG side this year, crazy!

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The NRL is the laughing stock... Got teams like ours rolling out reserve grade squads whilst a team like the Rorters is easily a few mill over the cap... And they call this a fair competition. I hate harping on about it, but it's a load of shit.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Team full of duds An plodders (bar a few)

Napa
Prince
Foz
hoppa
Harper

Those 5 can all stay.. the rest I couldn’t care less about at this time
Harper is unproven in FG and a proven failure in Reserve Grade thus far. No where near FG level to mke the bold call to keep him Above say Smith

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Harper is unproven in FG and a proven failure in Reserve Grade thus far. No where near FG level to mke the bold call to keep him Above say Smith
I respect your opinion mate .But the kid has more heart and determination then many and would be hungry to prove his worth in FG given the chance!!! that goes a long way as to what we are seeing now. So will have to agree to disagree bud .

Last edited:

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For mine the side looks unfit.

I know it’s only round 2 but each Parra player looked a step quicker and stronger, they also looked like they could go around again at the end of the game. Dogs on the other hand were gassed out.

Not not sure who’s in charge of fitness and strength training but the boys just don’t look fit enough...we’re off the pace

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We are the new Eels, no doubt about it.

You take out 2006, 2009, 2012 and 2014 (That year hid a lot of issues) we've been a below par side now since our last Premiership. Somewhere along the way we lost what we were all about, and I fear we'll never see it again.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I respect your opinion mate .But the kid has more heart and determination then many and would be hungry to prove his worth in FG given the chance!!! that goes a long way as to what we are seeing now. So will have to agree to disagree bud .
A very politely written disagreement. Lol. I can’t see him doing much but I’d love him to prove me wrong.