Official Round 2 - Dogs vs Eels - Consolidated Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
No mate, the flood gates opened from that dummy half run straight up our guts. Only reason it didn’t look like it was the start of our collapse because of the half time break. Go watch it again and watch CHN plod back with his back turned. We were finished with Parras second try. Our heads dropped and Parra grew in confidence. It was all downhill from there, the half time break was a temporary pause in parra’s momentum.

The only forward that can lift his head up high was Napa. Our forwards are all powder puffs. This game was lost in the forwards.
Just re-watched that footage and if it’s the dummy half run at 10-6 when Gutherson scores that your talking about, that is 1 million percent Sue’s fault, he rushes up and creates the hole.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Drop;

Montoya
Lichaa
Elliot
Fuafatlo
Holland

In
Ogden
Martin
Harper
Brown if he’s fit for utility role
I couldn’t care less the 5th
Play one reserve short
Did you see NSW Cup today Finchie, Harper was fucking dreadful, he looks way out of his depth in that grade at the moment.

We’re scraping the bottom though aren’t we?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Drop;

Montoya
Lichaa
Elliot
Fuafatlo
Holland

In
Ogden
Martin
Harper
Brown if he’s fit for utility role
I couldn’t care less the 5th
Play one reserve short
Like to see Chris Smith come in as well.

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The team fell apart when Sue came on. Dopey Pay even started the second half with him still on the field. Eventually Pay hooked him and very publicly after more tries were scored. Should have been hooked when he rushed up and the ball carrier ran straight through.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The team fell apart when Sue came on. Dopey Pay even started the second half with him still on the field. Eventually Pay hooked him and very publicly after more tries were scored. Should have been hooked when he rushed up and the ball carrier ran straight through.
Your spot on, sue started the rot have to say, went down hill from the first lot of interchanges, ogden had a good game in canterbury cup should replace sue. They were unlucky to lose reserves

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ferguson absolutely fkd is up like how Semi used to for them
Yeah hate to say it but critchen was no match for furguson his not a first grader. Cant work out what pay sees in him. Smith and Martin played well in reserves as well.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah hate to say it but critchen was no match for furguson his not a first grader. Cant work out what pay sees in him. Smith and Martin played well in reserves as well.
Crichton isn't a leftover from the Hasler era, he's not a lower grade player, Pay went out and signed him along with Meaney, Cogger and others who are ordinary. Truly disappointing.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Crichton isn't a leftover from the Hasler era, he's not a lower grade player, Pay went out and signed him along with Meaney, Cogger and others who are ordinary. Truly disappointing.
Yeah im not a fan of Crichton i know its early but last week he was awful this week he was crap

Robert61

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Well no change no chance 6 points in modern football weak defence you don't turn that round in one game unless you make adjustments so yes Pay might and up falling on his sword if he persists.
Parramatta will hammer the slowest backline in the comp.
Wonder if Pay sticks with same team for round 3 because "they trained well" lol

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If Napa, Foran and Hoppa didn’t play today o honestly believe Eels would have put 60 on us

Their journeyman props off the bench were making metres like Taumalolo or TPJ

Fkn embarrassing

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Your 2 points are spot on mate, we are way, way too small in the middle, we get trampled over by our opposition and they make huge metres when coming out from their own line and the bench, I’ve just got no idea.

I’ve said it enough but will again, the waste of a bench spot with a utility on the bench makes me want to stab myself in the face with a blunt object.

Seriously, Lichaa in the bench today was absolutely fucking puzzling, stupid, idiotic, I could go on.

Throw Ogden or Martin in there at the very least....
Agree if you are going to play small, CHN needs to be the utility.

Your right Lichaa on the bench offers nothing, better. To go with a big bopper to help where we need it.

Pay has NFI.

Haslerhasworms

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Cogger as he at least has some idea how to organise,Lewis back to Reggie’s to learn that midfield bombs are not the answer and learn how to grubber thru the line.Two new second rowers,jaco back to lock
Holy crap!
Someone with logic for a change.
Agree that Cogger should come in so Lewis back to reggies.
He is not the reason why we have lost badly the first 2 games but we need something new and need it now.
Lewy will be better for it in the long run and do will the dogs.
Hopefully!

bleedblue&white

go the berries
Reaction score
It’s pretty simple we are to small and to slow!
Normally smaller teams are more mobile but we are just plodders

You need big wingers these days as well to act as extra forwards and offer good arial targets in attack

If you pick smaller wingers they better be lighting fast like addo-Carr

Not turnstiles like Crichton

Noddy

Waterboy
Reaction score
What exactly did Crichton do wrong? He gets the ball in no space, made a couple of good darts, has 3 backs running at him every time the opposition goes wide. What do you guys want from him?

The big problem is the inside backs. Montoya is a CCC cup man thru and thru.

Lewis is a hare in the headlights. Made a few tackles but is not an organiser, just shovels the ball across the backline. A couple of panic kicks made him look OK. Did not like the surrender instead of running on 4th tackle.
Only time he played the ball in 2 rounds I think. Hopefully 2nd year syndrome.

No tactics except for long passes from Hoppa.

Pathetic to see a team sent out to play such crap football. I expected more from DEAN.

Bring Cogger, Meaney in and have Hoppa in the centres. The only time we looked like making ground was when he was there.

Lichaa out, Tolman to bench, Chris Smith and Ogden in.

Otherwise go and watch the Flegg team (36-4 v Parra)

Serpent

Kennel Established
Reaction score
HEY FUCKERS!!!!!! ive missed you all.

Sorry i missed the game today, can you guys give me a run down please.
Who won?

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Did you see NSW Cup today Finchie, Harper was fucking dreadful, he looks way out of his depth in that grade at the moment.

We’re scraping the bottom though aren’t we?
Yep
Still
Would rather lose with him than Montoya
Montoya’s has his chance and isn’t a footballers arsehole

Harpers turn now

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
HEY FUCKERS!!!!!! ive missed you all.

Sorry i missed the game today, can you guys give me a run down please.
Who won?

you guys lost the first 20 minutes.

that all mattered to me

Status
Not open for further replies.