News Why forgotten Dog is not rushing to leave the kennel despite snub

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
You know your team is doing it tough when fans stress over Martin as if he's the next immortal
Was just going to say the same thing, Pay gave the guy his first shot at first grade ffs.

You’ve got to think if he doesn’t make his first grade debut till 25, maybe there is an attitude/lazy piece to the puzzle?

We also have a fucking tonne of backrowers and we’re going into rage mode after 1 loss.....

If we get pumped today, make the changes, if we’re going to sack a bunch of players after 1 loss, what happens if we lose the next game?

We’ll run out of players pretty quickly.

Just see what happens, lose today and we need to do some tweaks, we win and then we can build some squad cohesiveness....

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The more you hear about this the more I believe Martin will be gone before season's end, a player the dogs need to be playing Fg but as usual it sounds as though he's not happy with the coach, can't we have one season without this type of shit bringing the team down ffs.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reward for hard work - if others have worked harder in the preseason, especially in the one area we have most competition for positions, than why would Martin get preferential treatment.

Maybe there is a reason why he took until his mid 20’ to crack NRL

It’s frustrating that a guy that is playing for his future is not rock hard - Pay should be getting praise for instilling the right qualities.

If Martin does make it he should be thanking Canterbury for helping him reach his potential

cyborg66

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
when we get a couple of injuries he will come into the side!!!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
You know your team is doing it tough when fans stress over Martin as if he's the next immortal
Wrong. It's also to do with we're sick of looking like an idiot club that gets rid of players who offer something but keep/recruit less talented....and we aren't getting any better at it, it appears by all and sundry except the coach and possibly the football committee.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Overall Martin is probably what, the 4th best backrower we have? Arguably the 3rd, maybe.
He probably deserves a spot more so than Elliott based on talent, but I'd argue neither should be in the first grade team

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wrong. It's also to do with we're sick of looking like an idiot club that gets rid of players who offer something but keep/recruit less talented....and we aren't getting any better at it, it appears by all and sundry except the coach and possibly the football committee.
He has not been sacked so I don't know why everybody is stressing.. he will feature in the top grade soon enough.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Anyone got inside word on what’s going on?

He would be in the 17 for another club with a roster like ours. Does Pay have an issue with him?

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Whether his in the team or not Jmk is a wasted spot.....
I’m sure some9ne could fill in at hooker if Lichaa went down

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Whether his in the team or not Jmk is a wasted spot.....
I’m sure some9ne could fill in at hooker if Lichaa went down
Watch reserves, Martin is already better than jmk and lichit

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He has not been sacked so I don't know why everybody is stressing.. he will feature in the top grade soon enough.
We dont have the talent nor time to stuff around looking like dummies choosing the wrong 17 to give ourselves get the 2 points.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Now we know why he is staying.

9. JMK

14. Martin