Social Media Willie Mason wants Dogs to sign Segeyaro

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The NRL might not have registered Segeyaro's NRL contract with the sharks but he is still playing in their Canterbury Cup team with the Newtown Jets.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The NRL might not have registered Segeyaro's NRL contract with the sharks but he is still playing in their Canterbury Cup team with the Newtown Jets.
Apparently he signed a $1 Sharks training contract

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If we have signed Robson then our top priority should be Tevita Pangai Jr. in 2020 the majority of our side will be off contract and we’ll be able to reshape our roster
Katoni Staggs aswell... hopefully both Bird and Roberts keep going well so he cant force his way into the 13... and ends up in our arms

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
If we have signed Robson then our top priority should be Tevita Pangai Jr. in 2020 the majority of our side will be off contract and we’ll be able to reshape our roster
I'd like a stable of unicorns, but it's never gonna happen either!

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like a stable of unicorns, but it's never gonna happen either!
Why are you saying it will never happen? TPJ is off contract and they have just heavily invested keeping their young forwards. It’s not a given that he stays and they might not have enough money to pay him a marquee player salary

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Why are you saying it will never happen? TPJ is off contract and they have just heavily invested keeping their young forwards. It’s not a given that he stays and they might not have enough money to pay him a marquee player salary
The Broncos don't have a salary cap.. and why would he come to a club like ours?

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Broncos don't have a salary cap.. and why would he come to a club like ours?
Why does any player sign anywhere? The Knights signed quality players and they were in a much worse position than us. Unless you have inside info I don’t get how you can say these things?

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why does any player sign anywhere? The Knights signed quality players and they were in a much worse position than us. Unless you have inside info I don’t get how you can say these things?
Knights got lucky with a number of signings ..

*SKD was going to be sacked or was sacked by the roosters and the Knights picked him up mid-season.
*Mitchell Pearce was pushed out by the Roosters when they signed Cooper Cronk and chose a Keary and Cronk combination in the halves and told Pearce he would be used off the bench. They knew he'd walk away from the big contract as it wouldn't sit well with his ego and the massive fine for dog humping didn't sit well with him either.
*Connor Watson and Aiden Guerra's signature came about after they were both pushed out by the Roosters and no too many other clubs enquired. But goo signings either way and again Mitchell Pearce had a lot to do with convincing them to play at Newcastle.
*Ponga literally only signed with the Knights because JT selfishly played on a year too long and Ponga didn't want to play reggies and wait any longer to be a regular first grader, The knights saw his potential and banked on him by offering him a handsome contract over 5 years, which now looks like they got him for a steal.
*Klemmer! well, we don't have to discuss Klemmers signature at the Knights who also signed for the same amount he was earning at the Bulldogs.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Would you want to sign with us for anything more than money at the moment?

TPJ will be asking Taumalolo type money.. like $700-800k a season. We don't have that coin to toss about.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Knights got lucky with a number of signings ..

*SKD was going to be sacked or was sacked by the roosters and the Knights picked him up mid-season.
*Mitchell Pearce was pushed out by the Roosters when they signed Cooper Cronk and chose a Keary and Cronk combination in the halves and told Pearce he would be used off the bench. They knew he'd walk away from the big contract as it wouldn't sit well with his ego and the massive fine for dog humping didn't sit well with him either.
*Connor Watson and Aiden Guerra's signature came about after they were both pushed out by the Roosters and no too many other clubs enquired. But goo signings either way and again Mitchell Pearce had a lot to do with convincing them to play at Newcastle.
*Ponga literally only signed with the Knights because JT selfishly played on a year too long and Ponga didn't want to play reggies and wait any longer to be a regular first grader, The knights saw his potential and banked on him by offering him a handsome contract over 5 years, which now looks like they got him for a steal.
*Klemmer! well, we don't have to discuss Klemmers signature at the Knights who also signed for the same amount he was earning at the Bulldogs.
I dont know that it's luck, I actually think they have handled their recruitment extremely well. Wish I could say the same for us......

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I dont know that it's luck, I actually think they have handled their recruitment extremely well. Wish I could say the same for us......
It was definitely luck in my opinion, they were throwing ridiculous money at some very average players and got lucky that they ended up with the best of the bunch. Even then other then Ponga and maybe Pearce they didn't sign top quality.