Opinion Haz and Sonny Bill make amends, SBW possible return

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As long as we get first dibs on SBWs kids...

First dibs not ray dib..

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wonder if he's made peace with the General and Andrew Ryan

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score
For years I've been aggravated by those who have posted to get over it over SBW. For me, the ultimate sore point was SBW implying in that Gould Footy Show interview that Folkes was a racist. I can't remember clearly if Hazem came out in Folkes defense at the time... but the narrative that resonated with me was... for years Folkes was very accommodating of Hazem's observance of ramadan during crucial times of the season... when I myself a muslim, albeit non-practicing, was less tolerant of it. Plus Folkes went to Punchbowl Boys, although not as ethnic as now, still had strong roots in an area that is largely ethnic. It all didn't reconcile. To me, SBW told a dirty lie about a true legend of our club.

I am relieved that I harbored this ill-will correctly, via the confirmation in Hazem's social media post that he too was at odds with SBW for all this time.

But now Hazem has made peace with SBW, I will take that as one major part of reconciliation. As per Moedogg's post, I wonder about the General and Andrew Ryan and all the others... at this stage, I will give up a hatred of SBW. If I hear from others of that time period that they too are reconciled with SBW, I'd be willing to completely "get over it".

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
For years I've been aggravated by those who have posted to get over it over SBW. For me, the ultimate sore point was SBW implying in that Gould Footy Show interview that Folkes was a racist. I can't remember clearly if Hazem came out in Folkes defense at the time... but the narrative that resonated with me was... for years Folkes was very accommodating of Hazem's observance of ramadan during crucial times of the season... when I myself a muslim, albeit non-practicing, was less tolerant of it. Plus Folkes went to Punchbowl Boys, although not as ethnic as now, still had strong roots in an area that is largely ethnic. It all didn't reconcile. To me, SBW told a dirty lie about a true legend of our club.

I am relieved that I harbored this ill-will correctly, via the confirmation in Hazem's social media post that he too was at odds with SBW for all this time.

But now Hazem has made peace with SBW, I will take that as one major part of reconciliation. As per Moedogg's post, I wonder about the General and Andrew Ryan and all the others... at this stage, I will give up a hatred of SBW. If I hear from others of that time period that they too are reconciled with SBW, I'd be willing to completely "get over it".

I am over it, as a club we have much bigger problems on hand.

If some one would have said back in 2012 that SBW wants to play for the dogs for free, i would have said fuck him, i never wanted that piece of shit near our club. the reason I would have said this cos the scars SBW left in 2008 were still fresh and we were number 1 team in the comp.

7 years later, wounds have some what healed and we are number 16 team in the comp and there is no fucken light at the end of the tunnel, club has gone lower and lower in every aspect of the game. We are no longer a power house, infact we are so weak that our enemies who used to hate us and fear us are showing us sympathy and nothing cuts me more than stooping down to such a low level that even our enemies feel sorry for us.

I desperately want to get out of this dark place , it is worst than 2008 atleast , there was hope beyond 2008 , we have nothing this year, next year or the year after simply based on the fact that our recruitment has been the worst of all clubs since 2012 and God knows when we are going to get out of this salarycap mess. As a bulldog fan I have never experienced so much hopelessness. Call me desperate , but if SBW can player half as good as what he played for roosters and he is not going to ask for too much money, I will be happy with have him.

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
Glad they Sat down over a quiet beer and sorted out their shit...I'm sure it will have a great impact on the current squad and dean pay who have no playing or coaching ties with them whatsoever and wouldn't care less about their newfound bromance ...

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

If some one would have said back in 2012 that SBW wants to play for the dogs for free, i would have said fuck him, i never wanted that piece of shit near our club. the reason I would have said this cos the scars SBW left in 2008 were still fresh and we were number 1 team in the comp.

7 years later, wounds have some what healed and we are number 16 team in the comp and there is no fucken light at the end of the tunnel, club has gone lower and lower in every aspect of the game. We are no longer a power house, infact we are so weak that our enemies who used to hate us and fear us are showing us sympathy and nothing cuts me more than stooping down to such a low level that even our enemies feel sorry for us.

I desperately want to get out of this dark place , it is worst than 2008 atleast , there was hope beyond 2008 , we have nothing this year, next year or the year after simply based on the fact that our recruitment has been the worst of all clubs since 2012 and God knows when we are going to get out of this salarycap mess. As a bulldog fan I have never experienced so much hopelessness. Call me desperate , but if SBW can player half as good as what he played for roosters and he is not going to ask for too much money, I will be happy with have him.
Amen brother, the points you make are valid and appropriate right now.. we need something, and If Sonny’s presence can help us get out of this rut we are in, at this desperate time.. then I’m all
For it. This great club needs any help at all right now..!!

Wholetthedogsout

Waterboy
Reaction score
I think hed take up too much salary cap, leaving us short for other players. Like the idea of Hazem coming back. I wonder how he would go at his age?

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
For years I've been aggravated by those who have posted to get over it over SBW. For me, the ultimate sore point was SBW implying in that Gould Footy Show interview that Folkes was a racist.
That sounds like Mundine talking.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score

I think you are being far too pesimistic, like over the top rediculously pesimistic for no real reason. The Leagues Club is very profitable with highly qualified and seriously experienced management. There are people, not just with Bulldogs DNA, but serious footy and business accumin running the football club. The facilities at Belmore for training, recovery and rehabilitation are second to none in the NRL. We are out of the salary cap shit hole, that was both wide (too many $’s) and very deep (for a long timeframe). We have the resources both monetary and physically to achieve any goal.

This year is not going to be even close to being an indication of what is possible next year where we have close to $3m to spend under the cap. The year after that the potential is virtually unlimited with a further $4m to spend. We can afford to retain who we want to retain, we can promote who we want to promote and we can recruit whoever we want to recruit. That’s on the field and off.

There’s a process to follow which takes time, the hopelessness is unfounded.
Go Dogs

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
I think you are being far too pesimistic, like over the top rediculously pesimistic for no real reason. The Leagues Club is very profitable with highly qualified and seriously experienced management. There are people, not just with Bulldogs DNA, but serious footy and business accumin running the football club. The facilities at Belmore for training, recovery and rehabilitation are second to none in the NRL. We are out of the salary cap shit hole, that was both wide (too many $’s) and very deep (for a long timeframe). We have the resources both monetary and physically to achieve any goal.

This year is not going to be even close to being an indication of what is possible next year where we have close to $3m to spend under the cap. The year after that the potential is virtually unlimited with a further $4m to spend. We can afford to retain who we want to retain, we can promote who we want to promote and we can recruit whoever we want to recruit. That’s on the field and off.

Go Dogs

Go Dogs
The next step is scary . We have to make the right decision. I'm for Dean pay but he talks a big game and the players don't back it up. The coach to lead us out of this has to be able to be able to attract players with paying overs. 2008 we got the spoon and went and signed experienced players . Ennis , kimmorley, Eastwood, Hannant. I still think we lack leadership on the field since Ennis left. We have Jacko tolman half of foran but to me no leader.

Gubanaculum

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
i do agree we have no leader, i have notice that players do follow martin. Watch last years end and he was a big part of that....

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
No way sbw would come back fakenews i reckon

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

Go Dogs
I am pessimistic for a reason , sorry quiet a few reasons
- since 2012 we are still looking for our rock star full back.
- since kimmorley we have had no decent half no decent 5/8.
- we have let go all quality players in their prime including rookies who would play rep footy as soon as we gave them the boot and on top we kept duds and spend overs for them.
- you say we will have money to keep who ever want from next year , I ask you from the current squad who actually deserves to be kept let alone upgraded for next year?

Last edited: